shape
carat
color
clarity

Weight loss tips?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I was wondering if anyone has any tips on losing weight.

My goal is to lose 20 lbs by the end of August. I started eating better about 5 weeks ago, and about 3 weeks ago, I started doing the Insanity workout 2-3x''s a week. I am at about 3-4 x''s a week now (but I only started 3 weeks ago). I also track all my info on sparkpeople. I am taking in 1200-1550 calories and drinking about 64 oz of water every day. It''s becoming a bit depressing because I have not lost even 1 lb. I have been trying to control my portions and eat 4-5 x''s a day. Also, I bought a Polar heart rate monitor, to track how many calories I burn when I work out or walk. I also sometimes walk during my lunch break for 30 mins or so.

Does anyone have any tips for me? To lose 20 lbs in 4 months, I need to average 5 lbs a month, and so far, I''m not getting anywhere....

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
How many calories are you burning in your workout sessions? If it''s a lot, then you might not be taking in enough calories.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
There can be many reasons why...
remember you are gaining muscle (heavier than fat). It takes a couple of weeks to tip the scales to where you have built enough muscle to have a higher "burn" when you are at rest that starts getting into your fat stores significantly. Eventually, your higher muscle mass will require more calories to maintain and raise your metabolic rate. Hang in there!

Also, like someone stated before...calculate your BMR (how many kcals your body requires at XXXlbs) Then determine how much weight is safe/recommended to lose a week. Usually 1-2 lbs (more is normal too if you are obese) is okay. If you lose a pound a week, all you have to do is create a 500 kcal deficit per day (subtract 250 from your intake and add 250 to your expenditure.)

Hope this helps!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I maintain my weight with a variation on intermittent fasting. I eat in about 8-hour cycles each day (usually from about noon to 8pm). That means that my body "fasts" for about 16 hours each day/night. I have found that this way of eating works for me because it allows me to eat without keeping track of every carb, fat gram, calorie that goes into my mouth. I used to count carbs & fat and it was fairly problematic (because I analyzed everything that went into my mouth). With the IF, I don't have to count carbs/fat any more - I generally eat what I want during the eating phase (within reason of course - it's not like I'm stuffing my face with pastries and soda...). I find that I eat healthier this way too because when I was counting carbs, I was limiting my fruit/veggie intake (by limiting those fruits/veggies that are high in carbs) and now I eat whatever fruits/veggies I like. It's not for everyone of course, but for me it's not only helped me to maintain my weight, but it's become a healthier way of eating for me (both physically and psychologically).

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock

Kayln

Rough_Rock
I would suggest you to drink warm water after every meal instead of cold water. Warm water's biggest health benefit is that it provides essential hydration to the body. Proper hydration helps in the removal of toxins and wastes from the body.

JenPaulson

Rough_Rock
First off. Eat three meals a day. Never eat more than what you've burned during your workout. Drink lots of water and as much as possible, avoid sodas, canned foods, chocolates and anything with too much sugar.

If you drive to work try cycling to get there instead (if possible). Try looking for healthier recipe alternatives to what you are used to eating. A successful diet involves eating foods that do not vary drastically to what you are used to.

The road to get there is difficult but I know you can do it! Good Luck!

JenPaulson

Rough_Rock
It is best if you ask the help of a professional since you need to look into risk factors that you are not yet aware. Losing weight is a gradual process. Never skip a meal and don't be too hard on yourself. Drink lots of water, eat what your body needs. I think asking the help of a personal trainer would greatly help.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Have you had your thyroid (for me, my TSH needs to be between 1-2 for me to feel my best, even though "normal" can be up to 4 according to my doctor's lab), B vitamin level, and D vitamin level checked? Optimal levels of these contribute to weight loss.

Also, have you considered adding a yoga or pilates class? I have the hardest time losing 10-15 lbs and it seemed like I was doing exactly what you tried at one point. Once I added a yoga class 2-3 times a week, I FINALLY started losing weight. I think I carry around a lot of stress hormones that hold onto weight, and the yoga was allowing me to release those & build up strength at the same time, if that makes any sense.

My weight is not optimal and every day is a struggle to eat the right things, but I thought I'd chime in since no one mentioned the yoga idea yet. Good luck!

addiehampton

Rough_Rock
Regular exercise and proper diet will help to to loose weight .Green tea & lemon water helps to increase metabolism rate thus,burns your calories .

cassandranuamah

Rough_Rock
Hey LovelyHearts,,

When it comes to weight loss, my experience says that weight loss journey can be more enjoyable and easy if you have your wellness coach with you..And I'm saying this because I also hired a wellness coach few months back to lose my extra weight, and believe me I lose 20 kg in one month. Now I feel more confident about myself...I feel full of energy and enthusiasm all the time.

My coach is my motivator, personal trainer, my dietician and my friend. She set my daily schedule and implement weight loss plans for me.

If you still are in doubt, then I recommend to talk with my wellness coach or ask for free consultation on wellness via http://wellnesswithcoachcass.com/. Trust me, you also feels good.

Together we’ll work to reach my health goals in areas such as achieving optimal weight, reducing food cravings, increasing sleep, and maximizing energy. As we work together, I develop a deeper understanding of the food and lifestyle choices that work best for me and implement lasting changes that will improve my energy, balance and health. :clap:

P

PierreBear

Hello! I consider myself lucky that my genes/frame naturally give me a "thin or lean" build. However, as I've gotten older, I've noticed my metabolism changing. Going into my 30s, I can't eat as much read meat and fried chicken etc. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy those things but I do understand that it has to be in moderation, more than ever before. I work out a lot as I train for triathlons but I still have to watch what I eat even though I never had to before.

The conclusion that worked for me, though it might not work for everyone, is to eat as much veggies/salads as possible and make the meat/carb/things harder for me to digest more of the "side dish." I'm not a vegetarian but I do see the advantages of it. It's easier on my body to process and it's really really difficult to overeat your calories in veggies. I hope this helps in some way! Good luck and you are on the right track for asking questions.

MarlonN

Rough_Rock
The best advice I can give you on weight loss is never to think of it as weight loss, but as 'weight release' because your brain is subconsciously programmed to 'look' for anything you've lost - keys, wallet, shades, weight...

AnnaLiza

Rough_Rock
I heard that green tea is good for reducing weight.

Luxxy

Rough_Rock
I agree with Marlon. You have to program your brain for weight loss if you ever want to see any real results. I did notice that your goal was for August, did you meet it? Are you still on it?

MarlonN

Rough_Rock
What I've seen a lot of people struggle with and what ultimately became the cause of their failure is the fact that people want to do too many things at the same time. They want to change everything at one time, and that is a recipe for disaster. Introduce one change at a time. If you're going to change your diet, start exercising and stop drinking alcohol, do one thing at a time and you stand a better chance of succeeding.

Joel21

Rough_Rock
Another great tip when it comes to weight loss is to always have an 'accountability' partner. This is the person who will make sure that you keep to your workout schedule and your diet. If you don't there should be consequences, otherwise you have no incentive to do what you need to do.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Insanity should do it. I did one round and went from a size 8 to a size 0. Try doing the nutrition plan that goes along with the Beachbody "shift shop" 21 day program. I am doing that now. Also, don't even get on the scale. You are going to build muscle on insanity and get thin. So it will not show up on the scale. It will show up when you wake up one morning and your pants are too loose.

Do you have beach body on demand? I LOVE it.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
annnnnnnnnddd I just responded to a thread from 2010. Durrrrrrr....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results