shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread June5-June11

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
For those of you with Gmail you might like the Google 15 Weight Tracker as an addition to your home page. It is great, you enter your weight daily and it gives you a small flash chart of your weight loss, the actual number, and a moving average.
screenshot.png

(This is there example not my own chart but you get the idea.
37.gif
)

I hope everyone is doing well.
35.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Mara- those fries sound delish!!!!and thanks for the insight on the target heart rate....it always seemed to me that as long as I could still sing-talk and didn''t feel weak, I should work-out at a fast pace to see results. There was a trainer at my old gym who used to come up, grab my wrist and tell me I was working too hard- I get really red but then I''d start to talk to her and she''d back off- bright red but I could hold a conversation with no problem.

And I agree about the LC meals being the best-tasting, I had the thai-style chicken for lunch- combined with an apple I was satisfied.

I''m a big fan of the ff puddings but don''t usually do the sugar-free ones. How does the taste compare to the ff versions? Most suger-free stuff just tastes icky to me, the ff ones are 100 calories, a nice 2pt snack on WW.

Yesterday was crazy and I didn''t do my elliptical and I''ve been working from home ever since I got up so I''ll be working out tonight. Hope it doesn''t effect my sleep.

Thanks for the mention of my weight loss, HLMR- good for you, too! 5 lbs is a huge % of what you want to lose in total, that''s great! I have so much to lose 20 feels like it doesn''t make a dent but people are noticing....

And I bet Mr Lorelei blows us away with his success, those darn guys and weight-loss
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 4:07:49 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 6/7/2006 12:41:14 PM
Author: Mara

Date: 6/7/2006 9:59:49 AM
Author: Lorelei
I can get the puds here in a certain store and I have seen the Hunts so I will give them a try! I think like you, chocolate flavour something does help with the cravings! I allow myself 3 kitkats ( 2 fingers each) a day but it is rather like giving a pig a strawberry....
32.gif
OMG Lorelei this made me almost snort out my coffee. You are SO funny...hehehe!! I can almost hear this in an English accent too. It''s ratheh lahk giving a pig a strahwberreh...or something like that. hahha.
Hee hee - good accent Miss Mara! You would fit right in here!
9.gif
haha we have a coworker that is English and we are ALWAYS making fun of her accent and walking around repeating things she says. she gets us back when she says something to us, and we go WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? as she keeps repeating it and then finally she says it in a nasal american accent so we understand. it''s so funny.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats heather on the 5 lbs!! i hope i am losing but i don''t use the scale so hard to tell BUT i do know that my waist is 1/2 inch smaller so that''s progress. my friend said i look thinner and also a gal in the park the other day asked if i had lost weight because i looked ''very fit'' so that was positive!!

i had a michelina lean gourmet for lunch yesterday and was really impressed at how tasty that one was too. so ar LC and MLG are kind of neck and neck for taste for me. and the michelina ones were on sale for 10 for $10 so that''s definitely budget! hehe.

FF i agree that sugar-free stuff is kinda blah, also sometimes the other stuff they put in there tends to make me feel sick. so i try to steer clear of sugar-free stuff. and yes the fries ARE delish and it makes it nice that they are not loaded with fat and calories...it hits the spot when i need a fry fix for sure. and i love garlic and rosemary.

tonite we are going to do the cumin seared tuna (love it!) and some steamed veggies....we had persian chicken and rice with grilled tomato last nite so that was my weeknight eating out splurge while still trying to be healthy...i had an iced tea with no sugar but i did have a little baklava for dessert.
31.gif
oh and i walked 2 miles so at least i burned off a few calories. i''m also going to kbox tonite.

keep up the good work gals!!!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Mara, you''re married, I thought. Isn''t FF for future fiance? I''m confused.

Yeah, Michelina is a great deal, on the ones that taste good. Warning, don''t get the roasted turkey and veggies. It is NOT good. At all. At Wal-Mart you can get them for 98 cents each. I''m a cheapy, so that''s what made me try them to begin with. The chicken alfredo is some good stuff, too! I had it for lunch one day this week, and it *so* hit the spot. Although, it did need some pepper.

Today I did lunges and I''m not sore yet! Yay! That means my body''s finally used to them again. Maybe I can keep it that way for a while now and stop slacking off. Lunge pain is BAD and I don''t like walking around like an 80 year old woman for two days just because I''ve worked out. That''s never a good thing.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Hubby Mara uses English expressions and it is so funny the way he comes out with them! To hear him say " oh bugger it!" for example is hysterical! He picks them up from me unfortunately! We have to be careful though as some Brit words with ordinary meanings are quite rude in US speak!
31.gif

FF Mr Lorelei is doing well on his plan thanks and I will report regularly! And now......
16.gif

I WILL BE GOING TO THE GYM WITH HIM 3 MORNINGS A WEEK! Yes I have decided to get off my backside and get out of bed at 5.15 am 3 mornings a week and go with him to the gym! I must be mad
32.gif
Anyway to start I will be using the treadmill and the crosstrainer I think to try to increase my fitness and tone up a bit. So we will see how I get on, we will go and buy me some gym shoes this weekend!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like everyone is doing well this week, and I am too! I completed my 4th workout last night and will do my 5th one when I get home from work today. I really feel like I accomplished something because I can''t remember the last time I worked out 5 days in one week. I think it''s literally been years! My eating''s been good too, I''m starting to count every calorie that goes in my mouth, so I can lose weight. This week is the first week that I finally got motivated to really lose the extra pounds I''ve accumulated.

As far as the sugar free stuff goes, I drink diet soda, so sugar free pudding was not a big deal to me. If you don''t normally consume sugar free foods and drinks, you may not like the pudding. Hunt''s also has a fat free version that has sugar in it, and theirs has 80 calories. Not much more than the sugar free one and pretty tasty. I was eating them last week because they were out of my sugar free ones at the store. I''m trying to keep calorie intake as low as possible without starving myself and allowing myself a little chocolate. I think I would go crazy if I couldn''t have something chocolate!

Friday is always a big food day for me, but I will try to eat less tonight. We usually go out to dinner to this great Italian restaurant, and I always overindulge on some cream sauce pasta, but tonight I will try to only eat half of what I normally eat. It''s hard to since it tastes so good, but I will do my best!

Keep up the good work, everyone!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies! It sounds like you all are doing fabulous! Lorelei and Coda, I am so proud of you guys! You are really kicking butt this week!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I have had kind of a mediocre week...I really thought I was going to get to the gym to do some classes this week but things haven''t worked out that way. So I''ve been trying to compensate by doing little toning exercises here and there (this a.m. I did mini squats while brushing my teeth--two sets of 15), and I''ve been eating really well. If you''ll allow me to toot my own horn just a little bit, my arms are looking quite tank-top worthy these days also--I''ve kept up with lifting my 10-lb dumbbells even though Idol is over, lol! Seriously, though, my arms are looking really toned and feel much stronger after the last couple months.

So you guys know I''m a vegetarian, right? Well, this week I made the decision to go all vegetarian (vegan) and stop consuming milk and egg products as well.
36.gif
I don''t think it will be that difficult, as I''ve been dairy-free all week and haven''t really missed it too much. I use soy milk sometimes on cereal, and I stopped putting milk in my coffee (now I just take it with sugar), and honestly it is going to force me to stop eating so many frozen entrees because there is usually cheese on them. My goal is really to base my diet completely on fresh fruits and veggies, supplemented with whole grains, nuts, and seeds. I have been a slave to convenience foods for way too long, and I would really like to get my body used to eating fresher, less processed foods.

1.gif
BTW, I was reading a Prevention magazine the other day, and one article pointed out that if you love frozen entrees, you need to be cautious of the sodium content. I guess normally they contain almost half the RDA of sodium intake! Can you say "high blood pressure?" Yikes.

35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2006 9:44:32 AM
Author: monarch64
If you''ll allow me to toot my own horn just a little bit, my arms are looking quite tank-top worthy these days also--
You can toot it all you want Monarch - not only are you our hero but it is so great to hear a WWTer get great results!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
So you are going tank top shopping this weekend?
3.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha Lorelei, I''m totally blushing! You''re so sweet. I actually have a good amount of tank tops which I ordered from J.Crew a while ago...I was recently informed by DH that I didn''t need any more, nor did I need any more flip flops! LOL!
20.gif

I really am excited to see you back here Lorelei! We missed you. It will be great for you and your hubby to work out together--I wish my DH were more interested in working out with me, but we belong to different gyms (mine is women''s only) so it''s hard to coordinate our schedules. Anyway, good for you!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Monnie! I will be able to join in more with you guys now I will actually be working out! I am dreading getting up so early though and I will probably scare of the other gym users with my early morning appearance
41.gif
but I am hoping I can stick to it and get good results! I am going to just start with the treadmill and cross trainer as my goal is to tone up all over and increase my fitness and if I lose a little more weight then that''s fine too. We went out last Sat and I wore jeans and a tight T shirt which looked good but I don''t have a waist - more straight up and down - so a little toning would be a good thing. Hubby is doing great on the plan and we have started with the exercises Mara and Lulu gave us, the trouble is it is so hot here now that the poor old boy was sweating up a storm but he did it!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yak i hate getting up early to go to the gym! for me convenience is a huge part of when or why i work out. like i just for the life of me cannot get up early. i'd rather go at night even if it's a late class, because i feel like i have more energy. i feel like a limp noodle when i get up most mornings, forget trying to get up and go work out! hehe. but you may find it works out for you great Lorelei, some people LOVE the mornings for workouts! i just know im a big nitetime slug.

it IS surprising how much sodium is in foods, even things like recipes i make from websites and stuff. however, apparently the lean cuisine ones don't have more than 300 or 400 grams or something which is like 20% of your RDA so it's supposed to be okay. but honestly i am a salt whore and i add salt to almost everything or else it's so blah. sometimes i add a mix of cajun spices which just has a litle salt so that's probably more healthy than just adding garlic salt or something.

oh and fisher, FF is fountainfairfax...guess it really should have been FFF but i got lazy.
9.gif

so worked out last nite at kboxing even though i am having my period...serious BAH because my cramps are always horrible but i MADE myself go to class by telling myself that i could take the rest of the weekend off (with only one 3m walk somewhere between now and sunday night) and relax. so it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, i just am typically in a fetal position on the couch the whole few days a month but i felt better for doing it and i had read somewhere that you actually burn more fat calories when you workout on your period, i don't remember WHY but it sure is a nice mental placebo..hehee.

and eating yesterday was good too, i think my total calories for the day was like 1550 which was fine. still trying to stay under 1700 but i figure i burned like 350 with the kbox so i did more than okay yesterday. which will compensate for TODAY because i'm sure we will go out to dinner tonite and get something horrible. i don't think i can convince my darling hubby to go for sushi again this friday, so i'm thinking maybe it's burger night at this fab local place that has the best burgers and fries and of course that means a mini tub of RANCH dressing..yum. so we'll see. now i feel REALLY happy i worked out last nite, it will alleviate any guilt pangs as i down fries and ranch til my belly puffs out.
9.gif

oh and coda also i read in a magazine or something that you should not go under 1200 calories a day esp while being active...so not sure what your calorie goal per day is but just be careful with too little. good luck!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
OH HOW I'VE MISSED THIS THREAD!! I cut my home internet access on Tuesday, and things at work have been nuts- no time to surf PS during the day.

First off, congrats to everyone on your accomplishments this week, especially Monarch. Way to go!

My week has been hectic to say the least. I'm moving tomorrow, and everything at home is in shambles- boxes everywhere! I knew that I wasn't going to be able to stay active this week, so I worked extra hard on the eating plan. I cooked enough food on Sunday eve for most of the week, so I was doing great until about yesterday. I was heading home, and knew that there was no food in the house. I could've stopped by the market to buy stuff, but it would be a challenge to cook it as the kitchen is pretty much packed up! Plus I was cranky and tired so my car found it's way to Taco Bell, and I ordered a bean burritto, and the little bag of nachos with cheese. UGH! But it could've been worse, so I'm not trying to beat myself too much over it.

I got right back on track this morning and just had a salad for lunch. Dinner tonite is at my favorite neighborhood sushi restaurant, so all is well.

I really haven't missed not being able to drink anything but water or tea, so glad to report that I'm on track there! I do LOVE sake though, and it will take all my willpower not to indulge tonite.

As far as the week ahead goes, I plan to hit the gym at least 4 times. I already have 3 "buddy workouts" scheduled. I just hope I'll be able to find the box that has my gym clothes, shoes and heart rate monitor (i didn't do a good job of labeling them!)

Have a good weekend!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
hi everyone! I''m checking in from the Outer Banks in NC on our last day of vacation.

This week has been totally indulgent & lazy, but I must admit quite relaxing. However, I do feel ready to be home, eat normal food & work out with the rest of you.

I don''t have any workouts to post unless sitting on the beach, resting by the pool or standing while I cook dinner count
9.gif
. We did play pool volley ball one day!

Everyone sounds great! Monarch - congrats on your walk! FFF - welcome back & congrats on your weight loss. Lorelei - I''m sure hubby will get those pounds off soon enough! I applaud you for getting up early.

We have a long drive home tomorrow & I''m sure plenty of laundry, cleaning, etc to do on Sunday, but check for me on Monday afternoon with a report that I went to the gym!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well just got back from a 2.5m walk with portia through a nearby neighborhood that has amazing houses, so fun to walk by them and try to peer inside...hehee. now i am eating a lean cuisine, the herbed chicken one with veggies which is actually surprisingly tasty. and it only has 25% of my Daily sodium intake. plus i put salt on everything anyway so i probably eat too much regardless!
9.gif

tonite we are going to a bbq at a friend's house, the cool part is that a few of my friends that are going (and the hostess) are trying to be more healthy too so i am going to bring the makings for my 1/2 fat root beer float and we are having thin marinated skirt steak, a veggie dish from one of the gals, i am going to bring a bag of those yummy baked oven potatoes, and there will also be hot dogs for my hot dog loving, doesnt have to watch his waistline hubby and lots of beer and wine for the boys too. then the root beer floats for dessert. it should be lots of fun and it's great to know that not everything on the menu is going to be loaded with fat and calories so people have options. i may make a few deviled eggs which aren't super healthy but they are really good.
9.gif

have a great saturday everyone! don't worry chargergrrl, sometimes taco bell just hits the spot!!! there's no substitute. hehee.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to get in one last entry for the week...not as much exercise this week as I wanted, but since I often "walk for work" visiting accounts in NYC I did get some walking in Friday, worked all day Saturday but redeemed myself today with full upper body weights/strength training and 45 of intense elliptical. My WW weigh-in is every Tuesday night, so anytime I survive the weekend without overeating I feel confident in Tues approaching. This week should be interesting, as my group leader is going to review my food journal this Tues. I guess this kick-starts most people who need additional accountability but all it did for me this week was think "oh, she gonna die when she sees how many peppermint patties I eat in a week..." So much for accountability. I''ll take my WW lumps
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results