shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 7th Jan till 13th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

morning all. oh actually afternoon!!

we had a fab dinner last nite at the mediterranean place, it was awesome. great upscale ambiance and the food was quite good. their specialty is lamb and greg loved his. i had a really yummy coriander and thyme crusted chicken breast skewer with lentils. egg lemon soup to start and a scallop appetizer. their flaming cheese which is totally not my thing but i tried it. dessert was a small wine glass and greg and i shared the most awesome dessert. 2 chocolate dipped huge strawberries with real cream and berries. YUM. it was small but just what we needed. we closed down the restaurant with our friends since we had so much great convo.

this morning we went out for breakkie and tried this new place near us, pleasantly surprised. Greg and I split an egg white scramble with avocado, cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes. the cheese comes on top in a glop so i just peeled it off my half. and we shared buckwheat pancakes (so good), a fruit cup and sourdough toast. lots of coffee. very tasty.

now i''m about to head to TJ''s for grocery shopping, and we are giving my sis a driving lesson later today on a stick. then we''re going to do a long walk later and i am mulling around the idea of making lasagna for dinner. if i do, i have to get the stuff at TJ''s and put it into the crockpot to sit from now until an hour before dinner to let the sauces and flavors meld before baking it in the oven. also our neighbor is traveling and so her husband is alone with the baby for 3 days so i thought if i made the lasagna i could take him a container of it for dinner so that he doesn''t starve without her.

and yes kimi life is too short, don''t worry about that evil lb. maybe it''s muscle. seriously the way you are, i would not worry about 1 lb up on the scale, we all know how evil that thing can be. for me when i am within my 2-3 lb happy range i am fine. even if i float out, i just try to be better for a few days and that usually takes care of it. maybe incorporate some more muscle resistance training in for a while to shake it up a bit.

CJ...zumba is pretty fun, you might be able to find a place near you to try it out.
marcy...your day doesn''t sound too bad, and you are probably back on track anyway today!

golden, you i hear ya re: wanting those love handles gone. though i will say that i agree with kimi on it''s hard to know what your body wants to do vs what YOU want it to do. they say that getting rid of love handles means cardio and a lot of ab work. what gets rid of mine is a lot of cardio that actually targets my stomach area (dance is great for it) and the ab work i have been doing. finally my handles are smaller. and a general overal better diet lifestyle (not DIET...but just diet as in eating better). so i don''t know that i''d focus so much on the scale for the love handles if that is what you really want, you might need to just do some cardio, eat better overall and work out that ab and trunk area more. pilates possibly.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

HI gang
36.gif
, hope everyone is well. Had a greaqt workout this am--we all went to the pool & gym. DH worked out first while I swam and hung out in the pool with my son. Their lazy river is not very lazy, so I took advanatage of running against the stream/current and found it very difficult--but what a workout! (the current was so strong I ended up running on the spot since I could not move forward against it). Anyway, also I treaded water had generally fun with my son. Wound up in the gym for 15 minutes each, elip + treadmill. It was enough. I plan to go back tomorrow and will aim for twice a week there, since my ESL volunteer gig twice a week is resuming with the new school term.

Keep well folks!

cheers--Sharon

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 3:54:22 PM
Author: Mara

and yes kimi life is too short, don''t worry about that evil lb. maybe it''s muscle. seriously the way you are, i would not worry about 1 lb up on the scale, we all know how evil that thing can be. for me when i am within my 2-3 lb happy range i am fine. even if i float out, i just try to be better for a few days and that usually takes care of it. maybe incorporate some more muscle resistance training in for a while to shake it up a bit.

I''m definitely going to enjoy my burger and fries tonight. I''ve been good about cutting back on eating out and lucky J is so understanding -- he''s lost 5 lbs. since we cut back to one dinner out a week, it''s that male thing we were talking about! -- but the muscle training needs to be a long term thing, for whatever reason I have a mental block to being consistent about it at home, even though I have the weights and a ball. I''m contemplating joining a gym as I''m much better about lifting when I have lots of machines available but I don''t want to add an expense to our household when I should start student teaching soon and so I will essentially unemployed for the three months that takes place. Maybe a gym membership will be my graduation gift to myself. Have fun with the driving lesson. Glad dinner was yummy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I must be nervous this weekend. I’m not as disciplined as I normally am. My husband is putting down tile in our bathroom so the house is a mess which drives me a bit crazy. I don’t normally have the munchies. Thanks goodness I have those 100 cal snacks around to eat.
I went to the mall to turn in my anniversary ring to be sized and looked around for a valentine’s top. The only thing I liked that was inexpensive was short sleeve and I am no longer planning on wearing short sleeved shirts so I didn’t pick it up.
I walked 27 minutes on the TM for ¾ of a mile and burned 130 calories. I think I will stick with this for a few weeks to make sure I can handle it (feet, knees, endurance).
I baked a roast beef for supper today with baked potatoes and veggies.
Kimi, I hope you enjoyed your movie and dinner. I am sure your pesky pound will go away. I thought you lost it since I found it. I understand about your concerns for the online learning. Since I teach online I hear some horror stories both about teachers / courses and students. I think it’s the wave of the future. I also see less and less highly motivated and responsible students as the years go by. That to me is pretty sad. I was happy to push it up a little bit on the TM today. I think I’ll stick to the 25 minutes for a week or two before adding more time. We are eating out less each now too; I know it’s helpful for me to eat better.
Hi Lindsey.
Golden, I like Lindsey’s suggestion of altering your height so you can join ww. I know they have a great program.
DeeJay, I hope you had a wonderful day and I hope you close your big deal soon.
Steph, I am glad you had fun working out at the gym with your husband. Have a marvelous time on your cruise.
Jas, congratulations to you and your husband.
Hi CJ.
Mara, you dinner last night sounds fun. That is very sweet of you to think of your neighbor and take him some lasagna. I am sure he’ll appreciate it. Have fun teaching your sister to drive a stick shift.
Sharon, your trip to the pool sounds fun and productive. It just dawned of me yesterday I can go use the college gym where I teach for free. I might look in to that this semester.
Rod and Skippy, I LOVE Fuji apples. Thanks for the recommendation.
Have a great evening.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, you are being paged in the galaxy thread. hehee Yay for walking and loving fuji's!

CrownJewel, I am sore today too; I like being a little sore but not too sore! hehe Whooo hooo for medical school, how exciting. A have a few friends who are doctors and PA's and they really enjoy it. I think it takes and special person to be a doctor or nurse; you sounds like you would do awesome! Yay for a run w/your fi in the park, sounds lovely and great!

Rod, no more DHW, boo hooo.

Jas, I wrote you a little note in the preggo thread! Huge hug and congrats!

Hey Mara, Kimi, Sharon and Steph! Yay for the workouts!

Nothing exciting to report; I took the day off and had a nice dinner out w/my family and cutie pie nephew! Hubby and I are enjoying tv and eating some fuji's. Have a great evening all
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, thanks for the heads-up about the astronomy thread. It sounds like you had a lovely day and I know you enjoyed seeing your cute nephew. I wish my little nephews lived closer.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone......sorry for being MIA yesterday, but Rod got 'plotzed' last night at dinner (something 'uber' rare for Rod to do) and the best I could do last night was fall asleep on the couch in front of the TV (more on this later).

Lot's of posts since I checked in last (Friday night), so I may miss someone.

YAYAYAYAYAY Jas. Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you and HH and I'm sure you're going to be a wonderful mom. We know you have a great sense of humor about life and I hope you do everything you can to pass that along to your children!!!

Mara, there's really only the one place in Tampa with the healthy frozen yogurt, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but the owner of the shop has assured us it's the highest quality and he's traveled the country tasting the variants out there. Ours is really really tart and some people don't like it at all, but we've, as you've come to know, become completely addicted to it. There's no Caliyogurt national website, so I don't know if you have one in your area, but I would think since it started in California, you might.

Skippy, you go girl with the extra fitness and muscles hours. Soreness is a good thing. It means you really accomplished something and what an honor to know you thought of me when you were working out so hard!! And boo, for no more DHW. This writer's strike needs to end soon for sure.

Steph, I probably missed you, but have a wonderful time on the cruise!!

Kimberly, I'm glad you are feeling better and I wouldn't be too concerned about your online vs. classroom master's. Anyone who meets you will readily see what a fantastic teacher you've become and I'm sure you already have fabulous references from the special-ed classes you taught last year, which still have you in nomination for sainthood!

Marcy, sorry for the munchies, but yay on continuing to use the treadmill and making great progress on that. You'll find that you can indulge a little more when you burn it off working out!!

Glad you had such a good workout Sharon. I have to assume the pool is indoors, right??? LOL

CJ, it's great that you an HH went for a 2 mile run together. One of the things that I love about our fitness routines is that we do it together. We used to work out side by side, but have developed our own routines that are a bit different from each other, but it's still nice to be in the gym together.
DeeJay.......Huge Heaps of Fairy Dust to you with every hope your $1M deal closes!!!!!!

Phoenix, I'm glad it was just a cold and not the flu. I hope you're feeling better.

Golden, I'm with Mara. STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF EVERY DAY. It serves no useful purpose, other than to frustrate and discourage you. Pick one day that you can weigh yourself at the same time and under the same conditions and let that be good enough. Trust me on this one. I too did the weigh myself every single day thing and it's just not a good thing to do. And like Mara said, eating too few calories can be a bad thing too. Your metabolism could be slowing to conserve every calorie, believing it is in starvation mode. Like Mara, I found I lost more when I ate more, but more of the right things. Less sugars, processed carbs, fatty foods, instead I ate (actually still eat) more fiber, protein and natural sugars/fats. I make sure I eat at least 5 - 6 times a day and that did the trick for me.

So, yesterday. It was a pretty normal day. Breakfast on the terrace, lunch at a nice little deli, coffee under the oak and a good long workout at the gym. Actually the workout for some reason was a struggle. I'm not sure why, but we both felt tired during the workout and I really had to push myself to complete my elliptical session, but still managd to travel over 4.5 miles in 35 minutes, it was just hard.

I think I mentioned we had read a fabulous review of a new restaurant, so we called and made a reservation. It's not in the best part of town, but it was jammed (a good sign) and when we made the reservation, they were kind enough to let us know they don't have a license yet to sell alcohol, so hey said we were welcome to bring a bottle of wine along and they woudn't charge a corking fee. So, that's what happened to Rod last night. As you know, I don't drink much, with the exception of an occassional beer. I've just never been much of a drinker. But since we had this nice bottle of wine, I drank 1/2 the bottle and while that may not seem like much, for a non-drinker, it was a lot. I could barely keep my eyes open the rest of the evening and to be honest, I didn't enjoy the sensation and won't likely do that anytime soon to be sure. Oh and the dinner, just OK. They weren't ready for crowds and didn't have enough servers and the one we had, was her first day, so she had never tasted anything they had and couldn't recommend anything. What we had was good, but not exceptional. I had steak au poivre, which was nice, but I expected a bit more than just nice, after such a fabulous review. Charlie had a Thai chicken dish with curry, which was also OK, but he wasn't oohing and ahhing either. So, that was our evening. Rod slept nearly 12 hours after drinking so much wine........LOL

Today has been a very nice Sunday. It was a bit too cool and windy to have breakfast on the terrace, so we watched HGTV, with kitties in our laps and had our scone, coffee and fruit this morning. It was cloudy for a change which was actually kind of nice. Then we headed out, had a quick lunch and coffee under the oak as it was nicer this afternoon than this morning. From there we went to the gym and I had a fantastic workout this afternoon. Whatever was dragging us down yesterday, was not an issue today, and we both really felt we benefited. Actually, on the elliptical, I traveled 4.75 miles in 35 minutes and kept a pretty much constant 94+ RPM, so I know I was working hard for sure.

Dinner tonight was nice fresh salads and a slice of bread, followed by 3 squares of Lindt Dark Chocolate and I'll probably still have a fuji apple in a little while.

Sorry for such a long post. That's what we've been up to the last couple days.

Yuck......tomorrow's Monday, but at least it's a Sushi night for us and not a gym night!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am finding the TM is more of a workout than just walking. I think I walk faster on it. I have been enjoying it so far. I am a pretty light weight when it comes to drinking too. I get a buzz pretty easy. It sounds like you had a great weekend though. I sure enjoyed my Fuji apple today. It was good.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results