shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 30th April till 6th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly,
You are so sweet; that means a lot coming from you! Thanks
12.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to know you are alive and still working out Jeff!

Yay for a 45 minute workout Lorelei!

So glad I help maintain some motivation there Skippy!!

Mara, your dinner out with your friends sounded like a lot fun. We enjoyed having fun with friends too!

Wonderful sounding dining experience Kimberly. Isn't it fun to just indulge once in while??!! You too NYC, I wouldn't worry about the Taco's too much. Have fun tonight at the BBQ, but don't have TOO much fun!!

Neither of us were very hungry this morning, so even though we knew we had a training session and he was going to be testing us to see what we accomplished while in Raleigh for nearly 5 months, we just couldn't eat much more than a bowl of fruit and I had half a scone. But I drank a lot of water and sometimes I forget how much being hydrated helps one with a tough workout. So, we headed to the gym a little early to warm up. We each did some stretches and then 10 minutes on the elliptical (our trainer requires we be warmed up first). Then the fun began and he pushed us in ways we had never been pushed. And we stood up to every test he could dish out. Even some really advanced unassisted chinups and some core exercises that I'm already feeling in my abdomen, but it was just so much fun. It was a grueling hour, but we did not falter and he was so pleased with how hard we had worked while we were in Raleigh and how obvious it was that we had worked on things he had taught us. Then just as we were finishing, this guy walked up to me and said that he had lost a lot of weight and been working out real hard and that I was part of his inspiration. My poster showing the fat out of shape Rod compared to the newer healthier more in shape Rod is still displayed at the gym and it was really a nice complement that this total stranger shook my hand and told me I had helped him. It's so wonderful to feel good about yourself and know that you don't look like a fat old man anymore.

Then we had a quick bite to eat and today was our appointment to test drive the new BMW 335 Hard Top Convertible. It was absolutely wonderful to drive, top down or top up. So, even though I'm completely unemployed and don't know how I'm going to pay my mortgage long term, I ordered one. The deposit is refundable and the car won't be built until late July, with delivery in early August, so I'd better be employed by then and making a decent living. I ordered a black car with red leather interior (such a classic color combination on a convertible and their red leather is a really nice rich red) and most of the premium packages including Sirius Satellite Radio. I did't order the Navigation system on this car. While I curently have nav on my Mercedes, and it came in handy in a new town, I just can't justify $2100 for a navigation system, when I could buy a hand-held Magellan for 1/4 the cost (or less). Anyway, I had no business ordering a new car, but hey, what's life without some fun toys, eh??!!
31.gif
11.gif

We're going to our favorite Sushi place tonight for dinner, so we're having a pretty terrific day to say the least. I hope you've all had a great Saturday too!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy Smokes Rod; okay, I decided I am going to live through you vicariously. hehehe
2.gif
Congrats; I have faith you will find a job by July
9.gif

It is so cloudy; I am going to get dressed and see how far I get walking. Wish me luck.
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2007 1:22:42 PM
Author: Skippy123
Kimberly,
You are so sweet; that means a lot coming from you! Thanks
12.gif
Just being honest. Your sunny-shiny personality is so very evident in all of your posts and I thoroughly enjoy interacting with you!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Kimberly! You are very happy go lucky too
9.gif
Have fun looking at open houses tomorrow.
3.gif

I went walking; it was about 55 degrees out; I did almost 4 miles. I needed it!!!! I feel so good after exercising!

Have a wonderful evening!
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are more than welcome to live through me Skippy, but remember, I''ve had some tough times the last year too!! I suppose I make up for them with nice toys. What is that statement...........''boys and their toys??!!" LOL

Our dinner at Yoko''s was just terrific as always. This place has the most consistently great sushi I''ve had anywhere. And the fact that it''s just around the corner from our home doesn''t hurt either. Then we put the top down on the SLK and drove along the bay to our fav Starbucks where we had coffee (actually Charlie''s become addicted Green Tea Latte''s lately) and split a chocolate kind of cake loaf thing. It was quite good. We then headed to Borders (I missed Borders while we were in Raleigh, at least if there was one it wasn''t convenient to anywhere we frequented) and I bought a couple car mags. Finally we came home, put on bathing suits and went down to the pool and spa level outside and we sat in the spa for a good long time. We were the only two there and it was just so pleasant to sit in the 104 degree bubbling water and look at the palm tree fronds sway in the breeze, the full moon and the stars shining brightly. It was a lovely evening in Tampa to be sure.

Tomorrow will be a normal Sunday. The gym, lunch out, Starbucks, grocery shopping, cooking something at home then our walk after dinner either to Starbucks or the pier and frozen yogurt.

I hope you all had as wonderful a Saturday night as we did. Oh and finally, I am sore from our training session this morning. I''m guessing my legs will be really sore in the morning, but I''ll work through the pain at the gym in the afternoon. That usually does the trick for me and sore muscles. My knee is improving too. Yay. I''m looking forward to being able to run again, but I''ve promised our trainer I won''t run for another week to let my knee fully recover. I''ll just use the elliptical more in place of running.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
So we had a great day shopping in downtown San Diego. Okay, I had a great day, it probably wasn''t so fun for John. I bought 2 new dresses for Maui, a cute sundress and a nice black silk dress for a fancy dinner out (it''s my 1st "little black dress" and I LOVE it).

Worked out to the tune of about 400 calories + about 3 miles of mall walking, not to shabby!

Rod, what a pleasant evening!

Skippy, way to go on the walk!

Have a great rest of your evening, all!

K

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning all!

Yesterday I was SO snacky! Every time I turned around I was looking for something to nibble on. I tried to limit it to good things, but then we went out for sushi with friends AND I had a Dove bar for dessert, so it was an officially very BAD day!

Today I''ve got an open house from 12-2, I''m taking a client around from 3-6:30, and then we''ve having another client over to grill out at 7:00. I''ve got some things planned out for the day, but I just know whatever the HH cooks for dinner is going to be marvelous so I''ll have to be careful not to over indulge. We got some different fruity sorbets for dessert rather than going for some heavy calorie laden chocolate thing, so hopefully that will help.

Tomorrow I will call my doctor and see if I can get clearance to work out again. Worst case maybe I can just start walking outside or something. We live in a gated community with a river walk so (as grim as it would be) I could just go back and forth on the river walk until I burn off some cals (although I''m sure the neighbors would call the guardhouse to report the crazy lady wearing a path in the sidewalk, LOL).

Hope eveyone has a wonderful Sunday!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
well, yesterday was a cautionary tale that i hope not to repeat the rest of the week! i ate sooooo much at dinner and left feeling really uncomfortably full, not fun. but today is a new day, and i have a new mantra for dealing with all this conference food: i will only eat half of what''s on my plate. i got up early this morning (gotta love jet lag!) and went to the hotel gym to do 45 minutes on the elliptical, and had oatmeal with skim milk and fresh berries for breakfast, so i''m off to a good start. the elliptical was the same brand as the ones at my gym, but a different model, and for some reason this one was so much harder! i had it on the lowest resistance and i was still sweating up a storm. it felt good, especially after last night''s food fest.

off to the conference, hope everyone has a great day!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy sunday morning wwt'ers!! sounds like everyone had very fun and/or eventful saturdays! i was so busy, but it felt good. the westie event was so much fun, portia just loved it, and then i went for a 4m+ walk on the trail and then headed over to my hair appt (which is like 5 min from the trail so it worked out perfectly). got my hair highlighted and cut, and caught up with my stylist on all the happenings...they are in a new salon in the same little outdoor/garden shopping complex so their new space is super cute and trendy. then headed home, showered and got ready and greg and i picked up the bride for the bach party, and he dropped us off at the restaurant for the evening. the bachelorette party was a seriously fun time, LOTS of strawberry margaritas, some good mexican food (i had chicken soft tacos with black beans which were super yummy), and a cake for dessert (of course i had two pieces lol), so i was SO full when we left between the 2nd piece of cake and the multiple margaritas (all liquid!)...NYC i can relate to your uncomfortably full, why do i always want that 2nd piece of cake? greg calls it 'big eyes, little stomach' in ukranian, lol. but it was really fun. and i guess i ate early enough to be okay because i didn't experience any middle of the night discomfort from eating too much and this morning i was starving. i also hardly ate anything yesterday due to how busy i was...i only had about 425 cals by the time i went to dinner, so i figured i made up for it.

it's another beautiful day here in northern california (to take a page from rod's raves book!)...yesterday was really lovely, a little windy but super warm so i got a nice tan from walking the trail...and today the air is even a little warm which is kind of rare for here, so i think it will be a really nice day. we're eating breakfast (scrambled egg whites with cheese, center cut bacon, and light wheat toast with smart balance butter and jam) and then i will go to the gym in a while and do about 40 minutes on the elliptical...i added this in this week even though it was not scheduled because i have the time today AND i have done a lot of eating out this week so i figured why not add in something a little more this week. then this afternoon i think we are going on a walk/run (we walk and greg runs) either on the trail from yesterday or around the parks nearby as well to be active and get out in the sunny beautiful weather. then i was thinking we could grill something tonite for dinner, but we'll see how the day shapes up. i also need to do some laundry and kind of re-organize my closet at some point, its' looking a little scary in there!!

anyway sounds like everyone is enjoying their weekend...which is so great to see. i always say don't worry too much about little splurges here and there, especially with the great weather that most people are experiencing by now...everyone always has events and BBQ's and similar, so it's just natural for us to be way more indulgent on the weekends and as we get out with friends and family...you want to have some fun! as long as we stay active and move around as much as possible i tend to think it pretty much balances out. the killer is when people indulge and then don't work out or be active, it's like a double whammy!!!

skippy you are sweet about us being motivational...i'm glad to hear that...!!
5.gif
DJ...i would imagine walking would be allowed as i don't think a lot of providers consider it 'working out' which is kind of funny...because i can get 75% of the same workout walking as i can at the gym and my heart rate doesn't need to get as high either. plus it's just so good for leaning out your lower half as i have found, i wouldn't want to give it up. sb, isn't it funny how diff machines can give you such unique workouts?? even at my gym with the same machines as you move along the ellipticals, some are way harder than others. at first i was like 'am i imagining this' but nope...some are easy and some are hard. i always hate getting stuck on a 'hard' one but then i figure it's probably better for me..hehee.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy sunday all. looks like a few us of indulged last night, myself included. our neighbor had a cinco party with a ton of yummy food and of course margarita's. I was so full too. I've been doing my walking everyday but haven't been to the gym since friday. tonight we're having dinner with friends. should be fun.. hope everyone has a great evening!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hit up the gym and did the elliptical on the low level for 43 minutes for 350 cals burned, then did about 10 min of arm weights. woo hoo. i love the gym on sundays because hardly anyone is there so i can take my time on everything and not worry about anyone waiting and the vibe is so 'mellow' which i like, it's not all frenzied like the nighttime workouts everyone does during the week.

i had them test my body fat again and i am now at 17%! on the flip side, the scale today was up like 3 lbs! the trainer said it was probably all the margaritas last nite hanging around, but that i didn't gain 3 lbs from friday to today hehee. i asked him about how to stop my BF from going down (last month it was 18 and the month before 19) and he wasn't really sure, he said to lessen the intensity of my workouts which i told him i already have been doing...aka i've been doing the elliptical on the lowest level and my walks are all super low intensity compared to all the stuff i used to do before, and he said he wasn't sure what else to do...told me to talk to the head trainer there. he was like 'most people want their body fat to be lower...i'm not too sure how to get it to stabilize!'..i actually appreciated his frankness, because i'd rather he tell me he doesn't know than be like 'oh this is what you do' and have it be wrong. i told him that the scale had been like 1-2 lbs higher somewhat consistently in the last week and he said it could be that my heavier muscle is showing there as well. other than doing like 1x more arm weights a week i have not really upped any sort of body/strength training so unsure why my bf is still falling. anyway who knows what my body is doing but i wish it would stop and just chill out already. i am happy that i am carrying all this muscle but i don't want it to get too low. on the plus side he was like well your body is burning more calories more efficiently now so that's a good thing. he also said the same thing we always say on here re: the scale which was 'i tell people not to use the scale because you could be plus or minus up to 5 lbs depending on what is going on with your body on any given day.'

from the gym went to TJ's and stocked up on some goodies for the week, they were out of my fave 97% fat free bean and rice frozen burritos that i have for lunch so i will have to eat a few kashi entrees or something this week til i can get more! i got some mango papaya fresh salsa, some salads, 2 pizzas for us this week, black bean and corn enchiladas for myself and some green chile verde chicken ones for greg, some blueberries, strawberries, asparagus, some new pumpkin flax plus granola cereal, some more tejava black tea and some frozen sweet corn.

lunch/snack was some peppered turkey breast and a little leftover piece of greg's indian naan from last nite (he's so sweet, he saved me some from his solo manly dinner while i was at the bach party because he knows i LOVE naan!!). i am also trying to eat a few less carbs where i can, and a bit more protein (aka yogurt and turkey breast) because it fills me up just as well, and now that i am not working out as hard i don't need as many carbs it seems...and it bloats my stomach out less, so i'm glad the naan was small hehe. since i have cut back my workouts and done more walking i also feel like i generally have more energy and my muscles feel less tired which is nice too.

the day is turning out to be very warm, it's so nice outside but there is a TON of pollen floating around...crazy allergies. i am going to take a pill and then we're going for a 2-3m walk in a little while to enjoy the day. for dinner we are talking about maybe walking over to this creole/cajun place we love nearby...greg loves their po'boys and i love their apple harvest salad with bleu cheese and pecans...i typically use my FF TJ dressing on it and then we share some cornmeal shrimp and a small cornbread piece. so we'll see, we can also BBQ or do something entirely different. i actually already planned for fair amount of cals for dinner tonite antiicpating if we didn't feel like cooking so i am totally flexible which feels fun to have that leeway!
2.gif

have a great rest of the day everyone!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Mara, 2 workouts today
2.gif
Allergies suck
8.gif
Kimberly I love sundresses! Fun! When do you go to Maui? We are excited that we are going to Kauai in 3 weeks! I can''t wait; I bet you can''t wait either Kimberly!!!!
3.gif
One dove bar is not bad DeeJay; I hope you can workout again soon DJ. Hey Shortblond great job on the Workout! Great job walking everyday Mrsalvo!!! Sounds like everyone had fun for Cinco de Mayo
9.gif

I am going for a walk now; hopefully it will be 3.5 to 4 miles.

I need to work on my eating; I think it is close to that TOTM
14.gif
I always get snacky. Any suggetstions anyone?

It has been cold here! I hope it warms up again. Have a lovely Sunday All
35.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went for a run today to end a great week! I''ve working out about 3x a week lately, which isn''t that much...but a drastic improvement from a few weeks ago when I wasn''t hardly going ever at all!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, you can borrow phrases from the ''Rod Loves Tampa'' book any ''ol time you want
19.gif
. Sounds like you had a terrific weekend. Wow on the 17% BF. That''s getting into "athlete" territory. I''m not sure you should worry about it much. Most of the world would love to be as healthy and fit as you are.

Shortblond, it''s never easy when you''re traveling. The fact that you got up and worked out and ate a healthy breakfast is just terrific. Good for you!

Glad you enjoyed the Cinco party there Mrssalvo. Thankfully, we were not invited to any Cinco celebrations. Not that I would have drank much anyway, as I''m not much of a drinker (occassional beer excepted).

Hope your walk was good Skippy!

We had another wonderful day in paradise. We had breakfast on the terrace, lunch at Panera, coffee at Starbucks, then we hit the gym for a nearly 3 hour workout. The gym was almost empty, save the normal they''re always there like we''re always there group. Nothing extraordinary to report on the workout, except it was a really really good one. I was on fire with the ellitptical and never let the RPM dip below 92 for the entire 35 minutes. My heartrate stayed in the 140 range at that level, which I thought was just terrific.

Ps: Always have a nice supply of Fuji Apples on hand when you get snacky Skippy. You can never go wrong with fresh fruit anytime you''re craving something good.

Then we went to the great independent grocer I told you about last week and we bought some fresh North Atlantic Salmon, some beautiful fresh gargantuan jumbo shrimp, some asparagas and some fresh white silver queen corn. I grilled the Salmon, steamed the shrimp Maryland style with Old Bay seasoning and Vinegar, made my own sauce for the shrimp and steamed the corn and the asparagas just got cooked in the microwave. The dinner was just wonderful. Then we took our walk the two miles to Starbucks (Charlie wanted his green tea latte) and the clouds started to darken, the wind started blowing and all of the sudden a thunderstorm blew out of nowhere. We ended up walking the 2 miles home in the rain (the thunder and lightning had stopped) and it was just so much fun walking in the rain. I think we laughed the whole way home. There were loads of bikers, skaters, runners and walkers who got caught in the thunderstorm too and there was this extra camaraderie everyone had who was soaked. Such fun!!

So, we''ve showered (can''t go to bed with rain heads you know?) and we''re going to settle down with the kitties and watch Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters. Life is pretty nice I must admit.

Sounds like many had a great weekend. Here''s looking forward to Lorelei starting the week''s thread off on a positive note and everyone having a terrific week ahead.
36.gif
10.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
so dh and i decided to try to cook something new this weekend. i searched through the wwt healthier recipe thread and found the Tilapia in Mustard Cream Sauce and the oven roasted asparagus from barefoot contessa cookbook that diamondfan posted in the veggie tread.
YUMMO!!! we were both seriously impressed. we''ll probably nix some of the salt the next time we make both, since dh and i don''t use much salt normally.

Mocha Fudge Bread Pudding is in the oven right now! i hope it''s yummy too!

we need to keep the recipe thread afloat, cause there''s some seriouisly good stuff in there!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey JCRow!! Glad the recipe was yummy; I should try it.

Rod, good idea on the apples.
35.gif
You sound like you had another wonderful day in paradise
2.gif

I did have a good walk. I felt funny because I was walking in circles around my neighborhood. It looked like it was going to rain at any minute so I wanted to be close by so I could run if it poured.
It never rained and now it is sunny. Oh well; I got a good walk in!

I love Desperate House Wives. I wonder what is going to happen to Lynette and the new assistant manager. Her hubby is so cute but pig headed.

Have a great evening. I am off the make homemade pizza; the dough has risen so I better go cook
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, we leave a week from tomorrow and will be there for 6 nights/7days, I have never been to Maui and am very excited!

So worked out for 45 minutes this morning, about 400 calories, and then we did a TON of walking this afternoon during our open house meanderings, and some wandering around Little Italy before dinner. Totally endulged at dinner, had a mini bacon cheeseburger, two beers (I haven''t had a beer in MONThS!) and a whole lotta fries, yummy for the tummy! It was a great afternoon and we''re both feeling really positive about the houses available in the locations we love and what may come on the market in the future.

Hope everyone is having a fab evening. Getting caught in a thunderstorm sounds like so much fun, Rod!

Not much else to tell!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds like everyone had a fabulous sunday!! kimberly you must be getting so excited about your trip, how fun!! skippy ,good for you on getting a walk in. i have done the whole 'walk around the neighborhood 5 times' because it looks like it might rain so i feel you...but it's better than nothing and walking is still walking regardless of where it is done! rod, too funny about the thunderstorm, nothing like a little 'mixin it up' to keep it fresh, sounds like it was invigorating! jcrow we really like the mustard tilapia recipe...i'm so glad you like it too. that makes me want to make it again soon hehe.

so we went for a ~2m walk this afternoon and man it was warm!! we stuck to shaded neighborhood areas and it worked out great, even portia was happy. while walking we were trying to figure out what we wanted to do for dinner and decided since it was so beautiful out that we'd take the train into a nearby downtown area in another city and have dinner there! so we got home, showered up quick and headed out to catch the 6pm train...we went into mountain view, this small cute town with a nice downtown area (there are like 3-4 of them along the train route and each area has like 20-50 restaurants depending!)...and had dinner at this mediterranean/greek place we have not been to in a while, greg really loves it but last time we were there it was just 'okay'. but i was open minded and glad i was because the food was great. we sat outside and it was just lovely, the air is really warm right now and that is SO RARE for here...typically n.california days are hot with cold nights, aka 90 during the day and like 55 at night. we love when it's warm at night so we are glad we took advantage of it. it has to be still like 70 outside right now.

anyway, we shared a mediterranean app plate of spicy hummus, tzatiki, and marinated olives and fava beans which was yummy with soft flatbread. and we also shared a calamari which was just so slightly fried but man was it oily! i ended up using my napkin to press each one before eating, and a ton of oil came off...i had to get a new napkin when i was done.
6.gif
it came with a spicy aioli which was tasty. then for entrees greg got a great seafood stew and i got their special swordfish kebabs which were marinated in greek spices and lemon juice and came with some pilaf and veggies, it was SO flavorful and juicy...the waiter had mentioned he thought it was fab so i decided to try it and he did not steer me wrong.

then we walked around downtown a bit...went to this bookstore we like, i bought a BBQ cookbook on sale and EatingWell's healthy in a hurry cookbook (their website has most of the recipes but i am a sucker for a book and pictures!), and got Greg a wine journal book as an add-on anniversary gift so he can start catalouging the wines he likes, and we caught the train home. we definitely did our share of walking today and with the workout, i am pretty darn tired!

now since it's still so warm outside, greg is making espresso and we are going to sit outside on the patio amidst the flowers and relax. he is having regular espresso and i am going to make an affogato for dessert: vanilla bean gelato with hot espresso poured over it, some shaved dark chocolate and a bit of liquer but i may or may not add that last part..maybe some kahlua..mmmm. so anyway we had a wonderful sunday, i will definitely sleep well tonite from all the activity. hope everyone had a great weekend and is looking fwd to a good week. see you all on monday's new thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results