shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 2nd July till 8th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod,
wow, sounds like you had a lovely time! I too have a tempurpedic and love it; sorry the bed wasnt as comfy. Sounds like the weather, view and being w/your sweetie was wonderful. Yah, for not over doinng it!

I went walking and it was nice!

Have a great evening!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Welcome home, Rod! Glad you had such a good time. Your dedication is such an inspiration, I''d have taken an anniversary day off!

So glad you had a nice walk, Skippy!

So I got in a good workout this morning, we house hunted and then John made dinner at home. We had enchiladas and green salad. Physically I''m still just not feeling like myself. I am usually a restless person and I am just feeling lethargic and blech and have been for about a week. John is going to get the blood pressure machine from his mom''s to see if that''s what''s going on. My BP is usually rather low (95/70 or lower) but maybe it''s gotten too low. I''m going to get some gatorade tomorrow and see if that, along with drinking more water, helps. I started taking my vitamins again too; they contain the recommended daily allowance of iron so I''m hoping that helps and my stupid body goes back to normal.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday all!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to our healty family Ladyciel! Great job on the loss on your thighs and so stick around and let us know the outcome after the 11th day. BUT, (here''s the lecture part and I don''t even know you, so sorry), but if you want to make long term fitness goals that last, an 11 day campaign is good, but should be continued for a long long time. You''ll find most of us here have made significant changes in our overall health through exercise and eating healthy and have adopted it for (hopefully) the rest of our lives. Anyway, welcome and please stick around!!

Thanks Skippy. I love my Tempurpedic mattress. Maybe, I''m just totally spoiled, but I find that almost nothing compares to the sublime comfort of my Tempurpedic!

Oh Kimberly, I hope getting more iron in your body does the trick and good that John''s going to test your blood pressure, but girl if it''s normal and after a couple days on supplements you''re not feeling better, you need to see your doctor. I worry about you.........on not taking the day off from the gym, I guess we''re just gluttens for punishment!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly, you have been super busy w/school and work, maybe it's your body's way of saying slow down. So sorry you don't feel yourself. Drinking gatorade sounds like a good idea too; hope feel better soon.

welcome ladyciel!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello friends and WWTers!
35.gif
I hate to see today come to an end. I dread seeing how many emails I’ll have to go through tomorrow after being out of work for 5 days. Of course, that is what the “delete” button is for, right?
Phoenix, your nice long walk sounds great. That is really nice of you to set an example for your neighbor’s daughter. I am sure she’ll pay more attention to what you do than what her mom and dad say.
Skippy, I have bad knees and stairs are something the doctor tells me to avoid so I would guess step is hard on your knees. I am glad you had a nice walk.
Shortblonde, you had an ambitious and active weekend. Kayaking sounds great. I’d be a “screamer” everytime I’d get hit with some cold water.
Rod, your day at the Ritz sounds wonderful. Too bad the bed wasn’t as comfy as at home. I love my new bracelet but of course that mean’s it’s now my husband’s turn to get something new. He deserves it though. He works hard at a very stressful job so he deserves nice things. He obviously spoils me rotten.
Ladyciel, welcome and congratulations on loosing ¾ inches in 2 days. That is marvelous. I can’t wait to hear what the results are in 10 days.
Kimberly, I am so sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather. I hope you get it figured out soon and start feeling like your normal self again.
I hope everyone had a lovely and healthy weekend. Take care and I’ll catch up with you all tomorrow.
Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darn it, I miss 24 hours of WWT and there is so much to respond to! I will quickly say that DH and I had a very productive day today and a great weekend and I will have to get back to everyone tomorrow...I should know better than to wait until late on a Sunday night to peruse this thread and think I''ll be able to get back to everyone! See you all in the new week!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly are you sure you are eating enough??? It always seems like you really don't eat much yet you work out as well so I am just wondering if you are taking in enough calories. When I don't eat enough, I feel tired, lethargic and a little light-headed from time to time. Totally not like how I like to feel for sure. Or maybe you need more nutrients or something. If you don't feel better in a day or two I would definitely get it checked out at the doctor.

Welcome home Rod and Charlie. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend, very indulgent and fabulous. Skipper kudos on a walk, sounds like everyone else had a good Sunday which is great.

So this morning after my breakfast of scrambled egg whites with a bit of 2% cheese and Kashi Go Lean with blueberries and strawberries...I went off and met my Mom and sister for a hike walk on the preserve. My Mom wanted to show me a new route so we ended up walking and hiking for 2 hours and did over 6 miles! That is by far my longest out there and I felt GREAT which was so awesome. I think it was my 'power' breakfast for sure hehee. I got about 9g fiber, 25g protein and 275 cals in the breakfast. So definitely a lot of *bang* for the buck. 1/2 of the walk was in the sun and it was pretty warm but I just kept at it. My Mom is impressed with my 'conditioning' as she calls it, I left her and my sister behind a few times as they tend to get slower on the hills but I am pretty good about keeping a steady pace (mentally it helps me).

The walk took longer than we expected since we went longer, and we were meeting our neighbors later so I came home, mixed up the BEST protein shake I have had so far (1/2 vanilla protein powder, 1/2 pb chocolate caramel protein powder, 1/2 a fage, a splenda packet, and fresh blueberries and ripe strawberries, with unsweetened almond milk and a bunch of ice), which tasted great and was only about 150 cals total and about 25g protein! Drank the whole thing, showered up quickly...Greg had gone for a run as well so he showered and got ready, then we met our neighbors and headed off for the afternoon in Carmel. I also ate a small packet of carrots (15 cals) and 1/2 a south beach protein bar on the way over as the protein shake was quickly consumed by my hungry body.

In Carmel the weather was quite nice though a bit chilly, typical for the coast...so we walked around for an hour and a half and did some boutique shopping, got a new bag at the Coach outlet for some ridiculously cheap price, and visited the awesome antique jewelry store I love there where I tried on a ton of new fun baubles, including a 4c K stone in a beautiful vintage setting...a 5c cushion surrounded by pink diamonds in a rose gold delicate vintage setting...a 4.5c L SI stone that was really beautiful if a bit warm...and various other beautiful baubles. I just love this store, they have the coolest items. I think if I was ever in the market for a cushion to buy 'by eye' I would so go there. They had one amazing cushion that was just breathtaking, and also a really beautifully well-cut princess, which are so hard to find in regular retail channels.

When the shops started to close, we decided to find food...ended up at this awesome place we have eaten at before called PortaBella, it is in this beautiful old kind of country cottage house, really charming inside and entirely redone. The last time we were here was a year or two ago and I don't remember the place being THAT fabulous, but I do remember it being good. Well this time we were all impressed by how yummy everything was!! The boys shared a bottle of red wine from a local Carmel winery (a place that also has a resort that we love to stay at every few years for a treat), and then we shared a bunch of things with each other and ourselves...hehee. Myself and my girlfriend shared the corn and crab chowder bisque, the restaurant soup specialty...which was REALLY yummy and thick...and we also shared an apple, grapefruit, and pecan spinach salad with raspberry vinaigrette. The restaurant had wonderful warm crusty bread, so of course we all had to eat a bunch of that hahaha. Bunch of bread whores for sure. Then we all shared a few apps...a mushroom napoleon, sauteed diver scallops, and red pepper crab cakes. I had a crab cake, 1/2 a scallop, and a few bites of the napoleon. At this point I was feeling pretty full...but dinner hadn't come yet!!! I ordered the halibut in a citrus sauce, which came with fresh asparagus and something called an almond rice pilaf. Since I don't typically love rices I thought, oh I won't really eat that. WRONG. The whole dish was *really* good. The halibut was so tender and flaky and the almond rice pilaf also had tomatoes and cilantro in it, so tasty. The asparagus was done perfectly. I just ate about 1/3 of the halibut, a few bites of the pilaf and two asparagus and decided to save the rest of the dish for lunch tomorrow along with 3 leftover small yukon gold potato chunks from Greg's plate, hehee. He got a lamb noisette special that he just loved. On the way in, we had seen this shop with the yummiest looking rocky road caramel apples so we thought we might get one for takehome dessert but THEN my friend saw this chocolate torte that someone was eating at the restaurant and that is all she wrote. So we got one of those (chocolate espresso cake, like a flourless torte), and a warm apple tart mostly for her husband who loves them, and a passionfruit sorbet served in a crispy almond brittle kind of shell. I just had a bite of the tart, and some of the sorbet and shell, and then about 1/2 the chocolate cake. VERY yummy. We all had coffees and the boys had 20 year tawny ports.

The whole dinner was really yummy and it was a great time. It took about 2.5 hours for dinner, so we just got home a few minutes ago, having been gone since 2am. A really enjoyable day...we love hanging out with our neighbors. They are about a month away from having a baby so we are trying to do as much as possible with them before the big event because they know they will be homebound for a while after the baby is born. I have already promised to bring them fabulous take out from our fave restaurants hehee.

So now I am making the devil's food pumpkin cupcakes/muffins for my coworker's birthday tomorrow..going to sprinkle them with powdered sugar for the prettiness factor...and call it a night!! I have 3 calls tomorrow morning before 9:30am and I have to get in early to help decorate my coworker's cube for her bday...our boss has jury duty and another team member is traveling so it's kind of a skeleton crew for my teammate's birthday, so I feel kind of bad...since birthdays are a big deal in our dept and on our overall extended team. I did get her a beautiful handmade round porcelain lidded dish that is painted to look like a green sea urchin while in Carmel today and I got her a bunch of cute Hello Kitty and fun little charm/candies/keychain things at this other store for fun stuff...so hopefully she won't feel too slighted hehee.

Anyhow, hope everyone had a great day and weekend....I'm definitely not looking fwd to the week coming so soon, I really want another day off but oh well. Before we know it the next wkd will be here...yay!!

peachy

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 101.53%; HEIGHT: 155px">
Date: 7/8/2007 3:14:37 PM
Author: Lorelei

Wooting you right back Peachy - good to see ya!

Date: 7/8/2007 3:14:37 PM
Author: Skippy
Wooting you right back Peachy - good to see ya!
You guys are so sweet! I am always around...

Kudos to everyone on the progress. I''ve stalled a bit as I still haven''t started tracking my cals...but I''ve decided to try again in earnest.

Question for those of you who have protein shakes... I can never seem to drink them as I don''t think I digest them properly. I get a very uncomfortable feeling in my mid-back area, similar to what I get when I have 8 oz or so of straight milk, or a particular killer, Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. I mix the powder with water, BTW. Do you think I could be lactose intolerant or something? I can have ice cream and cheese to my heart''s content... I have the GNC whey protein powder (20g of protein and 130cals). Does anyone know of a powder that might work for lactose intolerant folks?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results