shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 18th March till 24th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I was MIA yesterday. It was an odd day for me. Weatherwise, it was just awful. It was cloudy in the morning, then the skies opened up and it rained non-stop (very very unusual for Tampa) from 1PM on. It was still raining when I went to bed. I didn''t feel that great yesterday. Skippy, I think I had your upset tummy thing too. Since we didn''t have lunch foods at home, I ran out to Panera for a quick lunch (which didn''t sit well with me), then had a cup of coffee, but had to sit inside because of the rain. Then I just came home and crawled in bed with our kitty and didn''t go out again. I had picked up a salad for dinner, which I ate some, but just didn''t have much of an appetite. Finally, about 11 PM I was feeling better and of course completely famished by then, and I wound up woofing down waaaay too many Tostitos we had bought to have with lunch. Otherwise it was just a dreary day, but I didn''t mind just lounging around the condo with the kitty and taking it easy. I''m going to try my best to hit the gym today, but since it''s Easter (Happy Easter Everyone!), they''re closing early, so if I don''t make it, I just won''t worry about it. I think once in a while, it''s OK to take a few day break and let the muscles completely recover. Lord knows I''m pretty religious about working out hard 5 times a week. I do plan to get my Lobster for dinner today.

I''ve got to get going, but wanted to check in and wish all my "Girls" a Happy Easter!

I''ll check back in later and let you know how Rod''s Easter Lobster Fest went. I still wish all who had wanted to come could have been here!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2008 12:08:04 PM
Author: Rod

I''ve got to get going, but wanted to check in and wish all my ''Girls'' a Happy Easter!

I''ll check back in later and let you know how Rod''s Easter Lobster Fest went. I still wish all who had wanted to come could have been here!
Rod, we wish you the very same! Enjoy the lobster!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I woke up late this morning; I already went to mass and plan to walk this afternoon as I didn't have time yesterday. Hubby and I are doing the little things this morning to get ready for our family meal.

Rod enjoy the lobster, YUM!!!

Everyone here on the WWT have a wonderful wonderful Easter
hareiam.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone in WWT - have a very Happy Easter!!!

Rod - Enjoy the lobster!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

I ended up not going to my parents. John still isn''t feeling well (he''s going to the doctor on Thursday if he hasn''t improved by then) so I headed out on my own and called my mom to let her know I was on my way to which she replied "Your dad has a fever and Billy has a cold." So I turned around and came back home. It''s a good thing I was only 10 minutes into my drive!

We took it easy yesterday, I worked on school, and we watched some tv. I made enchiladas for dinner and we were both asleep early.

Got up this morning, made pancakes for breakfast and then went for a long Skippy. It felt great. I''ve got some lesson planning to do and I''ve ordered John to rest, but Rod, he said he''s getting on an airplane to come have dinner with you. He also wanted me to ask you why they call the University of Southern Florida by its name, since it''s not in south Florida?

We''re having ham, brussel sprouts, and roasted potatoes for dinner.

This is a wierd Easter not being with my family, but I can''t get sick again, so it''s a good thing I''m not with them.

Have a great day all.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Easter!! I hope that you are all having a great one! My sisters and I went to Cabra Castle (where I''m getting married next year) for lunch and it was so tasty. They are kind of renowned for their food and they didn''t let us down. I just love everything about that castle!

Marcy-sorry to hear that the movie wasn''t enjoyable! I haven''t seen that one yet but not sure if I will bother. I hope that your sister enjoyed the cupcakes-I doubt she could resist them!

Deelight-sorry to hear about your allergies-there''s nothing worse. Glad that you have a better PT now. You definitely need someone that''s motivating.

Happy easter Steph and Rod!!

Sorry to hear that you didn''t go to your parents Kimberley-I hope that John feels better soon.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone-I think me and Amber are going to sleep for the majority of the night.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone. I didn’t do bad food wise but had 2 glasses of wine with dinner, an 8 oz. coke this afternoon and one carmello bunny so now I’m all “buzzy” from sugar. We had ham and scalloped potatoes at the restaurant for dinner. It was pretty good.
Lorelei, here is my biscuit recipe. It was used by my grandma and my mom so they are certainly a family favorite. They are best with lots of melted butter but I do refrain from excess butter these days.

Biscuits

2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ t salt
¼ c shortening
¾ c milk

Mix together dry ingredients then add shortening using a pastry blender to cut in the shortening until the shortening is in fine pieces. Flour a cutting board and knead biscuit dough a few time then roll out the dough until it is about ½ inch thick. Use a round 2” cookie cutter to cut out the biscuits. Bake at 450 degrees for about 8 to 12 minutes. Butter the hot biscuits to taste and enjoy.

Rod, I won’t eat lobster but I’d love to be there with you. Even your rainy weather has to be an improvement over our windy, cold weather. Sorry you had a blah day yesterday and didn’t feel well. I am glad you were doing later last evening. I hope your lobster was great today. Thanks for thinking of all of us girls – Happy Easter to you too.
Skippy, I hope you had a fine Easter with the family and a lovely walk this afternoon.
PW, I hope you have a great Easter too.
Kimi, sorry to hear your dad and brother are sick, good idea to turn around and go home. I hope J gets better soon but if not then it’s probably a good idea for him to go to the doctor. Your Easter dinner sounds nice.
Bee, getting married at a castle, eh? How romantic. I’ll have to look for it on yahoo to see if I can find it. How COOL. The movie was good but it made me jumpy. My husband likes to try and scare me too so I told him last night he’d better not scare me or I’d really freak out. The other night I was trying to scare him by hiding in the closet of our spare bedroom. I heard him looking around in our bedroom and master bath but he never came to the other room to look for me. I finally gave up and came back to the living room and asked him why he quit looking for me. He said he knew right where I was due to the giggling he could hear in the closet. I guess I don’t hide well. My sister did always like those cupcakes so I hope she’ll eat some of them.

Well, I must go grade papers.
Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2008 3:58:19 PM
Author: bee*
Happy Easter!! I hope that you are all having a great one! My sisters and I went to Cabra Castle (where I''m getting married next year) for lunch and it was so tasty. They are kind of renowned for their food and they didn''t let us down. I just love everything about that castle!
Bee, the castle is gorgeous. You''ll have a fairy tale wedding.
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubby and I hid easter eggs, cooked,my sister brought over a bowl of fresh fruit and cupcakes, my parents brought over lots of shrimp as an appetizer. We all ate way too much, oh boy! I gave my nephew a little duck that quaked, some clothes and a couple of trucks from the easter bunny. hehe

After our meal my 2 year old nephew loved finding the eggs more than the toys. So when he wasn't looking I would rehide the eggs and he kept finding. He was so excited; it was super funny and he entertained the whole family. hehe It was great to be together with family today.

Well, I watered all our trees, swept up, washed dishes and I was exhausted so finally I decided to take a nap. I slept for 3 hrs and never got my walk; I think I was wore out from picking up hubby, staying up late and all the things we did yesterday, and having family over.

Rod, sorry I missed you being sick earlier. I did a drive by and missed that. I am so sorry; I hope you are feeling better now. Hope the lobster was fab; I thought of you when we had our shrimp. hehe When does Charlie come back? Hope you weather gets nice again.

Kimi, I hope John and your family feel better. I am glad you had a Skippy, you and mrssalvo are too cute!!! Good for you and glad you had pancakes, yum! Your dinner sounds great.

Bee, I looked at that castle online, it is beeautiful!!! Sweet dreams to you and Amber.

Marcy, the biscuits sound yummy. I hope your sis gets better soon. Glad you did good food wise; I wish I had.

Steph, Andrew sounds so cute; glad the Easter bunny was there.
2.gif

Star sparkle, yay for your pilates!

Deelight, yay for your new diamond, can't wait to see it!!!

Mara, I guess cupcakes are on everyones mind for spring; we had those for dessert today and my sis made them. hehe Yum to lobster rolls!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Happy Easter to all!

DH and I walked a little longer today...~2.5 miles instead of our usual 1.7, which we needed after the Easter smorgasboard.

Anyway I started out good yesterday but then later after the shower a friend called to see if I wanted to go to a wine tasting with her. One of the local wine bars has a $5 tasting on Saturday for 3-6 wines. So for my friend and I its kind of our quality time together that we do 1-2x a month. Anyway we had a cheese plate, although I didn''t eat much of it and my total wine consumption was ~1.25 glasses, well when I got home after running errands DH wanted to have wine and cheese on our back porch to enjoy the beautiful weather and we were waiting for his parents to come over so 2 glasses of wine later it was time for dinner. Where at least I had water for the rest of the night, but did induldge myself with fried shrimp. Today was crazy Easter buffet which in reality I could have been a a lot worse, but did have a few small portion desserts.

We finished out the day well though with our walk and I made a delicous chicken noodle soup.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, it sounds like you had a great day. The fresh fruit sounds the best to me. How cute your nephew loved finding the eggs. You sure were busy today so it’s no wonder you took a nap. I’m know I should have eaten less than I did today but at least Easter only lasts a day not weeks like Christmas. My sister sounded better tonight but still can’t eat or keep things down. She’s worried they’ll put her back in the hospital but if she can’t eat that is probably where she should be.
Mara, I do believe you started a cupcake trend. Even my husband who doesn’t like sweets had some cupcakes yesterday and today.
Appletini, your wine tasting sounds good. Glad you had a nice walk and I’m sure the buffet was great. My favorite part of a buffet is the fresh fruit.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone and Thank You So Much for the Warm Welcome. I just wanted to say that I have joined SparkPeople and will spend some time getting to know that site. I really like the way it is set up. My fiance will be joining too. I am slow to start at getting in shape over the past few days. I did walk the dogs yesterday, and we took them to the park today, which also involves quite a bit of walking to get to the fenced in doggie park area. It was very refreshing to be outside and getting the fresh air.

Had perhaps a bit too much chocolate (Munson''s, they make it in CT, I don''t know if they sell it out of state, but it is heavenly). Monday is a new day. I plan to walk on my lunch tomorrow (and ideally 4 days out of the workweek) and then do at least 20 minutes on the treadclimber in the evening.

Thanks again for the welcome everyone. I hope to get to know all of you better as I progress along this new healthier path.

Cheers!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage, I''m glad to hear you signed up at Sparkpeople. It''s a great website. I wish I''d found it when I started my diet. Good plan to walk at lunch and use the treadmill at night.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2008 7:04:16 PM
Author: marcyc

Hi everyone. I didn’t do bad food wise but had 2 glasses of wine with dinner, an 8 oz. coke this afternoon and one carmello bunny so now I’m all “buzzy” from sugar. We had ham and scalloped potatoes at the restaurant for dinner. It was pretty good.
Lorelei, here is my biscuit recipe. It was used by my grandma and my mom so they are certainly a family favorite. They are best with lots of melted butter but I do refrain from excess butter these days.

Biscuits

2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ t salt
¼ c shortening
¾ c milk

Mix together dry ingredients then add shortening using a pastry blender to cut in the shortening until the shortening is in fine pieces. Flour a cutting board and knead biscuit dough a few time then roll out the dough until it is about ½ inch thick. Use a round 2” cookie cutter to cut out the biscuits. Bake at 450 degrees for about 8 to 12 minutes. Butter the hot biscuits to taste and enjoy.

Rod, I won’t eat lobster but I’d love to be there with you. Even your rainy weather has to be an improvement over our windy, cold weather. Sorry you had a blah day yesterday and didn’t feel well. I am glad you were doing later last evening. I hope your lobster was great today. Thanks for thinking of all of us girls – Happy Easter to you too.
Skippy, I hope you had a fine Easter with the family and a lovely walk this afternoon.
PW, I hope you have a great Easter too.
Kimi, sorry to hear your dad and brother are sick, good idea to turn around and go home. I hope J gets better soon but if not then it’s probably a good idea for him to go to the doctor. Your Easter dinner sounds nice.
Bee, getting married at a castle, eh? How romantic. I’ll have to look for it on yahoo to see if I can find it. How COOL. The movie was good but it made me jumpy. My husband likes to try and scare me too so I told him last night he’d better not scare me or I’d really freak out. The other night I was trying to scare him by hiding in the closet of our spare bedroom. I heard him looking around in our bedroom and master bath but he never came to the other room to look for me. I finally gave up and came back to the living room and asked him why he quit looking for me. He said he knew right where I was due to the giggling he could hear in the closet. I guess I don’t hide well. My sister did always like those cupcakes so I hope she’ll eat some of them.

Well, I must go grade papers.
Laters,
Marcy
Thanks for the receep Marcy! Yum...
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results