shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 17th Dec till 23rd Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all !

Thankfully I feel a bit better, although my sinuses are giving me trouble in the aftermath of pants cold, terrific
20.gif
Anyway, last week didn''t go well for my eating and working out as I was sick, so I am looking at it as a blip on an otherwise pretty good radar for the past 51 weeks or so! Actually it might even be beneficial and shake things up a bit. But I hope to get a workout in tonight and eat carefully for most of this week, so I can enjoy some Christmas goodies. I thought that next week it might be interesting to link the Christmas week thread from last year as we are all pretty much still posting and have some new permanent WWTers. That way we can look back and see how we did last year, how we were feeling and if it all gets too much with the food fests, we can look back and remember....Anyway let me know if that is a helpful idea and you would like me to do that.

So onwards we go! I am really going to try to pick my treats over this Holiday, not just eat because it is there and I can. I give myself permission to have anything I want for the three main days of Christmas, as that worked well for me last year. Remember that the main thing is to have a wonderful and memorable time with family and friends and to make the most of it. Holiday food and having a good time won''t make any difference in the long term if you get back on your path afterwards, so let the celebrations begin and enjoy all the wonderful things this special season has to offer! Also don''t forget to keep up the water consumption, even if you don''t drink alcohol, it really helps you to feel better and process the rich food more efficiently.

Have a great week!

235.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry you have been feeling ill, Lorelei, but you''ve provided another great opener miraculously.

I hope you don''t mind me inserting my last post from the past week''s WWT:
Evening, WWTr''s. You all sound very busy and full of good Christmas cheer! I''ve not been able to catch up on this thread yet tonight but I did read through today''s responses.

I had a terrible migraine attack Friday morning...I have a prescription for an abortive medication called Relpax but it did not do the trick for probably the third time since I started taking it last year (I get migraines maybe once or twice a month, with aura). So I managed to get an emergency appointment Friday afternoon and my doc prescribed a different pill called Florva...long story short, i ended up with either a bad allergic reaction or bad side effects--overnight I developed a rash ono my torso and numbness on the right side of my body, and I was very dizzy for about 5 hours after waking up to the other two issues. But the headache had subsided. Still, I called the doctor''s office to report my problems and the doc called me back within a couple hours and told me to discontinue use. Duh! This is about the last thing I need during a busy holiday season of work and everything else life involves. My rash is gone now and feeling returned to my right side of my body yesterday afternoon, so at least it wasn''t some major health emergency. Still it was pretty scary. Migraines suck!

Despite all the prescrip/migraine madness, I did manage to get to work yesterday and today, and tomorrow I have a bit of a reprieve and get to sleep in before i got to my ortho appointment at 1 and then onto work after that...argh, not much time for working out. At this point, I miss working out since it is such a stress reliever and while I''m usually sweating through a workout and wondering why the hell I''m inflicting such physical stress on my body, afterwards I feel all happy and much less anxious! So now I miss it...go figure. The grass is always greener, it seems.

Hit the grocery store tonight...picked up enough fresh veggies and fruit to last a few days, and found frozen Steamfresh veggies on sale which is great because we love those (just nuke them for a couple minutes and voila--a fresh tasting veggie side to any meal or delicious on their own). Mrs. Salvo''s peanut butter fudge thread did have me taking a trip down the baking aisle and buying evaporated milk and mini marshmallows...that was kind of weird...last time I bought anything on that aisle that wasn''t in a box was, um, a very long time ago? I can''t even remember! I am planning to make PB fudge tomorrow and will be bringing the majority of it to work on Tuesday if it turns out alright. Unlike many of you, I have very little confidence in my baking/cooking skills, especially when it comes to recipes I don''t use on a regular basis.

Congrats to all of you who are still dropping lbs...I seem to have leveled off and am just maintaining nowadays, which is fine with me. If I can maintain through these next couple weeks I will be proud of myself!

Oh, and to anyone who''s interested, I did finally post pics of my other two decorated trees in the "show me your christmas tree" thread tonight. Since Dh and I are not hosting any holiday get-togethers this year, you guys are really the only folks I have to share my holiday decor with, which, come to think of it, is kind of sad. All part of working retail again, though, there just isn''t time to do everything I want to do during the season.

Thanks all for indulging me.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, I was actually thinking of copying and pasting your post over in this thread! Great minds and all that!!
41.gif
I hope you feel better soon, migraines more than sux...
39.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning and happy new week all! I am feeling lots better today, thanks for all the get better vibes. Didn''t get up and run, but I think I will get out my new resistance bands and try to work out with that today. It is cold here today....brrrr. Okay, so it is 52 degrees right now which doesn''t sound cold to most of you, but it is a major drop from 2 days ago when it was 85! We had Adam''s company Christmas party last night which was for the whole family. Andrew had so much fun! He ended up playing with one of Adam''s coworker''s daughters who is 4 the whole night and they were giving each other hugs...too cute! And the mom is so very sweet. I told her we were staying here in Florida for Christmas as it is too much trouble to travel with all the santa gifts during Christmas and she invited us to their Christmas dinner....so sweet. Don''t know if we''re going to do that or not, but it was very nice to meet such nice people and I am sure we will be getting our kids together to play again soon.

On the food front, I have not been doing too well. I''ve been baking lots of goodies and of course have to try out some things. Yesterday I was really bad....had blueberry pancakes for breakfast, we made fajitas for lunch with/ guacamole and dinner at the party was an asian theme so I tried to go light on portions and only had half an eggroll and some veg. fried rice, but I know this was so not good for me. It is back on track this week for me! Breakfast this morning was oatmeal. Hopefully I can calm down this sweet tooth I have although it is hard with all these goodies around!

Linda, you are too sweet! Thanks for the getting well wish, must have worked! Awww...I love the name Andrew...I had it picked out way before we even got pregnant! How old is your grandson?

Kimi, wow...your food sounds wonderful, you sound like such a gourmet chef....I love Cooking Light....got a subscription last year for the first time and I think I will always be a subscriber. We seem to have at least 1 or 2 meals from their recipes every week and everything is always delish!

Skippy, he went to Albuquerque....his office actually has a branch there and I think he was doing some kind of training thing. He still has pics on his camera phone he took and it looks beautiful. His company is actually getting a lot bigger out west, so there is a real possibility that we could be out that way someday. Sounds like you had a fun weekend with all the parties and the nice dinner out for your birthday. Hope you had a great time
1.gif

Mara, your new cookies you posted look awesome. I really want to make the chocolate peppermint ones, they sound so good! I always get $$ from my grandmother for Christmas and I am really thinking about using it toward a personal trainer to try it out. You sound like you''re having wonderful results with yours. I still have the last 10 pounds to go and I think that is what I need to get the scale moving again. I think I am going to do the low GI thing too once Christmas is over, didn''t you say you had good results with that?

Rod, glad to know you guys are safe it has been super windy here on this coast and it is in the 50s today which is cold for us! Hope you''re having a good Monday!

Marcy, sounds like you got lots of exercise with all that walking. Yay for getting your Christmas cards ready. That is awesome about another pound lost....you are just a weight loss machine! I will let you know about the resistance bands.

Hi, Monarch! So sorry about the migraine attack and the allergic reaction. Hopefully you won''t have that again during the holidays. Does stress bring those on for you? Feel better. Oh and I love your tree!

Lorelei, glad you are feeling better except the sinuses! Sorry it is so pants there, how cold is it? I don''t think I would make it in really cold weather when I am freezing when it''s in the 50s.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steph, it is freezing overnight and just above thereabouts in the day. There is a nasty cold wind blowing in from the West which is bitter, I dread that wind and I have just come inside to warm up before bringing the horses in for the night. It is very exposed where I live and the West wind can blow full force unfortunately...

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei, I don''t remember if I posted last year around this time, but I think it would be a fun idea to link the two weeks. That way, whoever posted last year can read about their goals and see if they stuck to them by the end of the holidays. And I''m glad to hear you are feeling a *little* bit better. I think you''re allowed to eat whatever you want when you''re sick, your body uses up a lot of energy to fight off all the little germy invaders.

Monarch, your weekend sounds SCARY! I really feel badly for people who get migraines...the symptoms sound absolutely awful. And I can''t believe you still went to WORK?!!!!! You poor thing. Did the stress of the holidays trigger the headache? How are you feeling today?

Kimberly, woohoo for losing the vacation weight so quickly!

Steph, haha 52 is a beautiful day in my book. We were at 14 degrees this Saturday.
7.gif

Yesterday was around 34 degrees and slushy. I had my department holiday party at this nice venue near at the South Street Seaport yesterday. I don''t have a lot of "party" shoes, so I figured I''d be okay in strappy heels. So I wore a Calvin Klein white cocktail dress with silver sequin "pinstripes" and those strappy ivory shoes. NOT FUN to walk around in slush in strappy shoes!!! I got there kind of late, so I *luckily* didn''t get to eat much. And the dessert was a bunch of petit fours, so fun! I love anything miniature. So I tried an assortment of those. Oh, I lose major points though for drinking alcohol. One glass of wine, one vodka and grapefruit juice and one vodka and tonic.

Hm, Linda, I think all that tiramisu did me in. I''m back up to 113 lbs this morning. Darn!

MARCY, congrats on being minus 139!!! Hooray! And 9 hours of walking? My hero!

Speaking of heros, jeez ROD. 3 hours at the gym!! That''s a marathon! I''m glad Tampa didn''t blow away and that you are all safe. I forgot to tell you that my new goal is to do ONE unassisted pull-up. (Is that the same as a chin-up?) So I started on the ASSISTED pull-up machine (the one where you step on a weighted bar, and pull yourself up). I think I put the weight assistance at 13 pounds (I think that means I am pulling up about 100 pounds, instead of my actual weight of 113). Is that right? I was able to do 12 of those, and I did 3 sets. I hope doing that a few times a week will enable me to eventually do one pull-up!

Maradoll, I love how we both write VERY detailed descriptions of the food we eat. It is nearly impossible for me to write a short post. Whenever I look over my WWT posts, I realize, "wow 3/4 of that post was about the food that I ate." I feel like I''m reliving that meal when I write about it. I do love food!!

I have the day off from work today, so I''m going to take a little trip over the George Washington Bridge to see my nephew and sister-in-law. Then I''ll come back home to study. Happy Monday everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning!!! I feel so naughty lately
11.gif
; I have no resistance against all these cookies I made.
15.gif
I gave some away but I still end up eating a few for breakfast; I think I will try sticking some in the freezer so I don't eat more. Today my friend and I are going to lunch and I looked at the menu ahead of time so I have a game plan not order something bad! Then we will go shopping!

Steph, I talked to my doctor friend, and he said Durango, Co has great skiing right now. I know Breckenridge, Co has great skiing too and the town is so cute! I am glad your hubby loved Albuquerque! I love it too; we have great hiking, biking, rocks to climb, varying terrain and beautiful sunsets! Steph, come visit; I would love to meet you!

Lorelei, I can sympathize w/sinus! bleh! Always, nice opening friend!!! Hope you feel back to yourself soon sweetie!

Monnie, oh no to the mirgraine and bad reaction to meds, so sorry.
8.gif
I love your avatar; those are my dads favorite candy and makes him think of the holidays! Your tree looks awesome!!!

CrownJewel, enjoy your day off!!!! Happy studying too! It is cold out here too; low 40's. Your dress sounds lovely, sorry about the slush, yucko!

Marcy, thank you for your sweet birthday wishes dear friend! You are always so cheerful, I love that!!! Marcy, here is my birthday/holiday bling since you asked; you are sweet to ask.
2.gif
hehee https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-art-deco-birthday-present.74431/

Rod, glad you guys didn't get blown away!!!

Happy Monday all
35.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hello Ladies,

I've been lurking on this thread for a while now, and after weighing myself this weekend, I think I'd better officially join up! I was doing well until about 6 months ago when I had to have surgery--I've gained about 15 pounds since that I'd like to lose, and it seems like this is the place to come for encouragement. So here we go.

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 145
Target weight: 130

It's not super noticeable yet (since I'm tall the weight distributes pretty evenly), but I definitely notice that I have a little bit of a tummy starting to show and I'd rather not.

It should help now that I can dance again (I think one of the main reasons for the weight gain was that I had to stop for a while and that was my main form of exercise). I've been thinking about starting to run in the mornings a few times a week as well and hopefully I can get the bf to start playing tennis with me on weekends. I think I'm also going to try eating a little lighter--more salads and fresh veggies, less cheese (although I might have to still make risotto every once in a while
9.gif
). Any other suggestions?

Anyhow, I'm excited to join this group, and I wish all of you the best of luck with your goals!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!!!

lol CJ yes i love my food that is for darn sure. i actually LOVE writing descriptions of food. have you ever used yelp.com? i signed up on there a few months ago and am totally addicted to reviewing restaurants now. it's like writing on here but to people who actually USE my reviews to maybe decide where to go and what to eat. kinda fun!! they have it for all of the US, you should check it out.

steph i think a personal trainer is an awesome idea...esp for the last few lbs. when i did the low GI thing i lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks...and that was after my loss was stalled for like 2 months and i had even gained a few lbs which was stressing me out at the time. i think i just needed to shake things up and also add more weights into my workouts.

speaking of bad eating, seems like we are all firmly in the holiday wagon of yummy food by now hahaha. yesterday i consumed massive amounts of my homemade cookies. at least they're not processed hehee. the dinner we had at our neighbors was really yummy as well...down to the desserts and coffee. her dad is a chef and the presentation of the food was so fun and beautiful, it felt like we were at a 5 star restaurant!! today i brought a bunch of the cookies to work to hopefully offload them.

we went for a 1 hour walk yesterday in the chilly air...before dinner. so at least we got some exercise. this morning i shipped off greg's family's gifts to them ($75 sheesh!) for xmas...and now i'm at work. i have my trainer this evening and i am going to request she work me out hard with the abs and interval cardio to burn some FAT. otherwise, nothing too new to report..xmas shopping is mostly done. lol rod about me doing more in an afternoon than some people do in a weekend. seriously it is so hard to just RELAX...seems like there are always things to be done, places to go, etc. this wkd didn't seem like it'd be that busy but it ended up being very busy. and next wkd while we only have the nutcracker ballet in SF planned on sunday night, i am sure we will be doing things all wkd because it's the last wkd before holiday. i know i want to make my tamales so i imagine one day will be consumed with that. and then last minute gift stuff probably.

anyhow, skip hope your knee is starting to feel a little better. monnie, so sorry to hear about your migraines, that's horrible. your trees look fab! CJ and steph, hang in there with the food stuff, i am feeling your pain as well, we just do what we can, it's the holidays!! hehe. we can all be back to being 'really good' in JAN!
3.gif
everyone just stay active and you should be more than fine when it all evens out.

welcome lady pirate. wow 5'9" and 130 lbs is your goal? i'm sure you already know that 5'9" and 145 is far from overweight or even on the high end of things. i am 5'7" and 136/137 and people tell me when i was smaller that i looked 'too thin'. anyway, just figured i'd toss that out there...i think toning up and eating better is a fabulous idea overall for EVERYONE but just don't be too hard on yourself to reach 130...it may not be totally realistic??

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome LP!!

I would just take things easy, make some healthy changes and start working out or being a little more active. I am the same height as you with large bones, I know when I was 140 or a little less, it was too thin for me, so aim to tone up and see what happens, but don''t be afraid to adjust your goal weight if you need to. I bet once you start dancing again and perhaps alter your eating slightly, you will get to where you want to be very quickly and painlessly!

Good to have you with us!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the welcome, guys!

I know that 130 sounds a little on the low side, but I'm naturally on the slender side (small wrists/ankles, etc.), so 130-135 is normal for me. When I used to run cross country, I was around 125, but that was a little too thin. 133 is where I was at before I had surgery, and I've definitely noticed the extra pounds.
20.gif

I'm excited about running in the mornings--I think going for even a short jog is going to be a great way to wake up. How long do you guys usually run in the mornings? I'm thinking maybe half an hour from 6:30 to 7 or so is good, since that'll still give me time to take a shower and get to work around 8:30.

ETA: Mara, I know what you mean about food. I was so excited that I got my holiday dinner menu planned!!! The diet part of this is definitely going to be the hardest for me.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good evening all! Well, it warmed up a little here and turned out to be a beautiful day. Andrew and I were out on the screened in porch because it was so nice here today, so while I was drinking my coffee, I took some pics of the sunset (and some of my rings which I will post in the SMTR thread). Hope everyone had a great day!

Lorelei, stay warm!

CJ, hope you had a great day off!

Skippy, I am the same on the cookie front...also, I''m making Paula Deen''s mint chocolate brownies tonight
6.gif
. I am so bad! Thanks for the skiing info. It is not going to be until next year, but I love doing research on travel, so I wanted to go ahead and look into places. I would love to visit NM! Maybe if Adam has to go back out on business, I can come with him and we can meet up!

Hi, Ladypirate
35.gif
. Welcome to the group! Sounds like you have a great plan for getting started!

Mara, have a good workout tonight with the trainer!

Here is the picture from our back porch...

sunsetview1.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

Sounds like everyone is in full holiday swing!

Stephanie, I am far from gourmet, my DH is a much better cook than I, but I do try. Thanks for the compliment. CL is my bible.

Lorelei, glad you''re feeling better. I think it would be great to reflect back on last year''s holiday week thread.

Welcome, pirate! Hope you find lots of support, interesting conversation and general good here with the WWTers.

Rod, I''m glad you''re safe.

I worked today, then came home and finished up a lesson plan. John and I just got back from a wonderful walk in the crisp, cool air.

I''m making a chicken and onions thing from CL for dinner, along with salad. It looks good, if it turns out to be so I''ll add it to our recipe thread.

Have a great rest of the day all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week. I weighed at my normal time this morning and the scale said “Silly Marcy, you weigh more today”.
8.gif
Yes, I was back to only minus 138 pounds but I only need to loose 3/10 more pound to go back to minus 139 pounds. I''ll get there soon. I am wrapping gifts tonight.
Lorelei, I am glad you are feeling better. Thank you so much for taking the lead every week and pointing us in so many vast and different directions. It is good to shake things up. I plan to follow the “Lorelei plan” and eat what I want for a few days but make sure it’s something I really want. We are having our family Christmas on Sunday then we are having my parents and my husband’s grandmother over for dinner on Christmas. The important thing is we go right back to our healthier routines.
Monarch, sorry to hear about your migraine and allergic reaction. I am glad you are feeling better. That''s amazing you were able to work.
Steph, I am glad to hear you are feeling better. The Christmas party sounds like it was fun. I can safely say I did get in a lot of exercise on Saturday. We went shopping for quite awhile yesterday as well. I’ll be anxious to hear about the resistance bands. That is nice of you to say I am a weight loss machine. The sunset photo from your back porch is lovely.
CrownJewel, I’d be freezing in a dress and strappy shoes in 34 degree weather. You are certainly more warm blooded than I am. I was sad to see I weighed a little bit more this morning but I know it will come right back off. Thanks for the kind words about my success.
Skippy, I hope you had fun at lunch with your friend and going shopping. Woo hoo for getting some birthday bling – and it’s a beauty. I can’t resist my homemade cookies either and trust me I’ll have some when I make them.
Ladypirate, welcome to the group. It sounds like you have a great plan to loose those extra pounds.
Mara, I’ll have to check out yelp.com. That is great you can go write reviews on restaurants. Homemade cookies are probably my biggest weakness. I will make some for the holidays and certainly enjoy a warm cookie or two.
Kimi, I am glad you went for a nice walk today. I am not going to work on school until after the 1st. I am going to enjoy that!
Well, I must get back to my gift wrapping. Laters.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening All!! I had written my post for the night, then somehow lost it. agggghhhh, this will be a condensed version........

Great opener as always Lorelei. From 6 PM Christmas Eve, through all of Christmas day, Rod will not be denying himself anything. I will have my usual 3 - 4 pound Maine Lobster for Xmas dinner (with butter!!) and I'm planning on a big old piece of Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting for desert (it's my favorite and I so rarely ever get to have chocolate cake). But the day after Xmas, it's back to my normal healthy eating. Still, I think you've got the right attitude. We've all worked so hard that to NOT indulge during the holiday's would just be sad, IMHO.......

LadyPirate......Welcome and I hope you benefit from all the support, knowledge and friendship we share on this great thread. You'll have to change one thing though. I am the thread's lone guy (we had two guys but Jeff has been MIA lately). I get so much from this thread and I try to write every day. So, you can say hey to the "ladie's" for sure, just add and gent too!! I hope you haven't set you sights on weighing too little........

Monnie, so sorry about the Migraine and hope you are feeling better!

Skippy, I saw your Birthday bling, and OH MY, it's absolutely beautiful!!

Marcy, I don't think I'd be even a bit concerned about the few ounces your evil scale took back. It's probably just water gain to begin with.

Great pic from your back porch Steph!! We love living on the water and couldn't imagine not living on the water.

It was downrigh chilly in Tampa today. It was kind of a nice change from last week's 80s for sure. I got to wear a nice sweater and wear a leather jacket to work too! My day wasn't too bad workwise. I've kind of settled into my new responsibilities and it's going OK. Not that I'm becoming complacent as I know I need to continue considering other options as the future still seems kind of dim for our company.

Tonight was Sushi night. We were a bit late as I had many things I needed to get done, so we didn't leave until after 6, but Sushi was great, followed by our Frozen Yogurt with active yogurt cultures treat. Tonight I had green tea with fresh whole blueberriers, yumm!

Charlie is using another PTO day tomorrow, so he's going to the gym in the monring and doing some Xmas shopping in the afternoon. I am working a fulll day then hitting the gym after work like normal, so I won't get home until around 9 PM tommorow night.

I guess this was a little more than a condensed version..........hope you had a great day. Just think......one week from today is Christma Eve........wow, time sure does fly...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DJ does the world''s fastest drive by!

Yesterday (Sunday) I:
- Showed a client a couple of commerical rental spaces
- Picked up a contract in a SCARY neighborhood
- Did a two hour open house that no one came to
- Conducted a showing at my listing
- Took a new client to see four houses

And today was no better.

Yet somehow this doesn''t count a workout. How can that be... ?

Love you all. Be back soon. I promise.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all!!! busy day today at work and i consumed way too many mini snickerdoodles. thankfully they are tiny, about 25 cals each, so when i eat oh...15 or 20 it''s not detrimental to the day. LOL! they are almost gone, i am going to send a bag to work with greg tomorrow.

i had my trainer after work and she worked me out pretty hard, we did a ton of manual abs, some high interval cardio and circuit training and some arms. i think i will be a little sore tomorrow! salad with chicken for lunch from panera with ff poppyseed dressing. dinner was light because i was feeling kinda icked out by all my cookies earlier, so i just had steamed green beans and a quesadilla made with 2% cheese, chicken breast from TJ''s and a high fiber wrap. rounded out the evening with a 0% fage mixed with a bit of splenda and TJ''s better n''peanut butter and it was very tasty..not too sweet thankfully.

kim, hope your dinner was tasty!
steph great picture of your view!
ladypirate, sounds like you''ve got a good idea of your goal..i def think making small changes in your eating and running will help get you where you want to be. think of it like a long-term lifestyle change and it''s easier that way IMO.
marcy, no worries on the scale, you''ll be at 139 in no time. def check out yelp.com, it''s fun for sure. i love reviewing food as you guys well know!!
DJ good to see ya, hang in there!! we miss you.
rod i agree a little indulgence is necessary, that''s why i am indulging every few days but keeping the rest of the time pretty much business as usual hehee. the once a month or *gulp* once a year doesn''t work for me!! i definitely work too hard not to splurge on a regular basis hehee. i love food way too much.
2.gif

tomorrow i''ll hit up the gym after work. i also got some yummy tilapia thing from TJ''s for dinner tomorrow night so that''ll be tasty. we might have artichokes as well with it. anyhow, hope everyone had a good day...nite all!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning all!

The sauce from last night''s dinner was delicious. I think I would pair it with pork, or bake the chicken though, instead of cooking it in a skillet, because I don''t like dry chicken.

I''m working today, at a school I''ve never been to. Should be fun. 1st grade.

Have a good one, all.

Mara, I love snickerdoodles. I''m holding off on baking until the end of the week so I don''t end up with a bunch of junk in my house that I want to eat!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still feel a bit pants....Maybe I will workout later if this sinus headache stops bothering me.
40.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!

having my breakkie of egg whites, cheese, high fiber wrap, coffee. uploading my new ipod shuffle that a fabulous friend got for me for my bday (i know i''m a slack) for the gym...the one my dad got me which i love (nano) i am going to hopefully use more for trip and traveling in the car and stuff. for the gym i just need the shuffle, the other one is too big and the armband bugs!

lorelei glad to hear you are feeling slightly less pants. keep resting!!! kim have a good day and yes it''s smarter to bake later in the week for sure, i got all baking crazy over the wkd! haha.

happy tues all.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen (sorry about that, Rod!)

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes! I''m really excited about getting back in shape.

Went Ceili dancing last night, but only for half an hour or so. Still, got my heart rate up which is always good.

My first resolution: Cut down on caffeine and get in the habit of eating cereal every morning early so I''m not tempted to snack throughout the day. Tough with all the holiday cookies that keep showing up at the office.

Had occupational therapy this morning before work, so I couldn''t go running, but I just found out that Thursday will be my last day! After 6 months, I''m so excited to be done.
36.gif

Steph, that picture is just lovely. Where do you live?

Marcy, good luck! It sounds like you''ve come a long way so far.

Rod, Sushi is so tasty! I''m sorry things are a bit rough at work--I hope it picks up quickly.

Mara, I''m so impressed--it sounds like you''re really on top of the diet and exercise!

Kimberly, have fun with the kids--that''s such an awesome age.
1.gif

Lorelei, I''m sorry you''re not feeling well! *sends get well vibes*

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, WWT friends
35.gif

Hope everyone is having a good day. I have been busy, busy today. This morning I woke up early and used my new resistance bands. I LOVE those things. I followed a workout in the Shape magazine for this month and I''m telling you, I am already sore. I hope to do these at least 2 times a week and still add in my free weights once or twice a week. It is always good to change things up a bit and keep your body challenged. I haven''t been sore from a workout in a while, and as soon as I stopped getting sore, my weight loss also came to a hault, so I think they go hand-in-hand. I am about to do 20 or 30 mins of jump rope. Our house has really high ceilings and a very open floor plan and also tile floors all over, so it is very good for jump roping indoors. It is so beautiful outside today so I took Andrew for a picnic lunch (turkey bologna from whole foods on whole wheat with lf cheese and sunchips) and then let him play on the playground for a while. Then we went up to Barnes and Noble to get him some new Christmas books and I browsed at magazines. I avoided the temptation to order a starbucks latte like I usually do, but I really didn''t crave one, so I saved the calories. Tonight for dinner will be whole wheat lasanga that I make with lf cheese, mushrooms and ground turkey....everybody loves it and it is quite healthy compared to reg. lasagna. Last night I made Paula Deens chocolate mint brownies
11.gif
. They were so good, but I only had 2 bites of Andrew''s and not a whole one. They are very rich, so you don''t really need a lot to get a chocolate fix.

Marcy, did you get your wrapping finished? I loved the resistance band workout, I just got a cheap one at Target for $10....Rebok brand if you wanted to try it.

Rod, your lobster dinner sounds divine! Do you guys cook it yourselves or go out? I love living on the water too, especially this time of year. It is so nice to go out and drink coffee out there and look at the water.

DeeJay, sorry no one came to your open house
8.gif
. Probably just a busy time of year for everybody.

Kimi, hope you had fun at the new school!

Lorelei, sorry you still feel pants
8.gif
. Hope you feel better quickly!

Mara, I''m hoping Adam gets me an ipod shuffle for one of my Christmas presents. I asked him for workout gear and kind of hinted about one. I have a regular one, but it really bothers me when I''m running since it''s so bulky and feels so heavy with that and the armband on my arm. Besides, I only listen to a handful of songs on my playlist anyway, so i''m hoping I''ll have one after Christmas.

LP, Great job on dancing last night...that really burns the cals. I live right outside of Ft. Lauderdale, FL....where are you from? Good plan with less caffine. I gave up Diet Coke a few months ago and haven''t missed it, although I still have to have my coffee in the mornings
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I got back from my muscle hour class
1.gif
I feel like I haven't ate so well lately. Someone just gave me a box of chocolates from a local chocolatier,eek. Can't wait till all the goodies are out of the house. Have a good evening all
35.gif

Welcome Ladypirate!! Yay for dancing!

Steph, I love resistance bands! I never had whole wheat lasagna; you should post a recipe for us.
1.gif

Mara, your high fiber wrap sounds good. Where do you you get the wrap itself??

Lorelei, glad you are less pants. Have you tried the sinus rinse nedi pot? That helps me.

Kimi, glad you had a good dinner last night! How was your new school?

DeeJay, wow you sound busy. Is it the time of year? It seems to me that people buy more in the spring/summer. hmmmm

Rod, I am glad you liked my birthday bling. heheee I am glad you allow yourself some indulgences. Hope you had an awesome workout!

Marcy, You will lose that pesky lb soon. I think I might have gained but I have been eating cookies. I did have fun w/my friend shopping thanks; I did a little impulse shopping so now I have to take something back that hubby doesn't like. Heheee

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone. I am wrapping presents for Christmas tonight. What a chore. I am thinking “why did I buy so many things?” I am at least over ½ done. Woo hoo.

Rod, it sounds like you have some great plans for Christmas. My evil scale said the same thing again today but I know it’ll move again. I am glad your job isn’t as bad this week. Sorry to hear Tampa was cool but I like to wear sweaters so I enjoy that part of living in a cool / cold climate.

DeeJay, it sounds like you are keeping busy.

Mara, small Snickerdoodles sound great. You are great at reviewing food; everything you describe always makes me hungry.

Kimi, I hope the new school was fun. I am sure 1st graders are getting excited for Christmas.

Lorelei, I glad you are better and hope you get completely well soon.

Ladypirate, I eat cheerios for breakfast during the week. I even find I miss it on weekends now. Yay for being done with therapy. I gave up caffeine (mostly by quitting drinking coke) and I sure notice it bothers me more now that I ever imagined. Thanks for wishing me luck, I have come a long way and have a ways to go.

Steph, I am glad you hear you like the resistance bands. I will have to pick up this month’s Shape and get some resistance bands next week. I am down to about 12 more packages to wrap. I buy everyone cheap little things like pens, note pads, etc then I hate having to wrap them all. I also stick a few jingle bells in each package so all my packages jingle. I do enjoy gift wrapping but will be glad to get it finished.

Skippy, yay for doing your muscle hour class today. The chocolates are probably wonderful being made locally. I haven’t made cookies yet but will do so this week. I go last minute impulse shopping too. I always worry I don’t have enough gifts for my husband. Good luck tomorrow with your MRI (I think it’s tomorrow anyway).

Take care everyone. I am going to a pizza buffet for lunch tomorrow with my office that includes on hot cc cookie. I will eat little pizza, my salad and of course my cookie. Lean cuisine is on the menu for supper tomorrow after that feast!

I will go tackle around round of gift wrapping now. Laters.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I''ve been baking like a crazy person making stuff for my GF who had twins in July. She was so appreciative to get the Tortiere and 6 different kinds of cookies, she just hugged for me a long time today when I dropped the stuff off.....gave some to my other neighbour too. I just eat one or two cookie, and I am good for another year....

I have been exercising as much as my knee allows--it has been pretty good. Today I watched half of Polar Express during my routine and that seemed long enough. I too like exercise bands--I have been strengthening my arms/pecs after my three surgeries this year--I don''t get as much discomfort using those as I would with free weights.

Lorelei--hope you are feeling better soon. Sinus headaches suck!
Skippy--hope your knee is AOk!

HI to everyone else and keep well! Soon we are off to see our family out of town, for the Christmas holiday.

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone!!

Another tough day at the office, but I had had enough ''fun'' by 5:30 and just shut my system down, got in my car and headed to the gym. So, I actually got started on my workout by about 6:00 PM (WOO HOO) and I had a really really good and productive workout. I''ve been working really hard on my arms and chest lately and tonight I made them sore, which means I did some good things! I also worked out even harder tonight because I think we''ve decided to go shopping tomorrow night, so we may not have our usual 3 gym days in a row.

Glad you''re less pants Lorelei and hope you feel a whole lot better for the Holidays!

Sorry your open house was a bust DeeJay. I''d chalk it up to the season. I remember when we were trying to sell a home during the holidays (and the market was good then) and traffic just stopped until after the New Year.

Glad your trainer pushed you pretty hard Mara!! Glad you enjoyed your Snickerdoodle''s. I''m not sure I''ve ever had them though.......and I know I should indulge more than I do. But, I have gotten a little better about indulging once in a while. I''m just afraid of opening the floodgates too far.........LOL

I hope the new school was a great experience Kimberly. BTW., I was in the sauna after my workout tonight and there was a nice guy who moved to Tampa from San Diego, so we talked about your side of the world for a while. He was actually out visiting friends when the fires were going on.

Thanks for the "and gentleman" ladypirate (can I shorten that to LP?). I don''t know what Ceili dancing is, but I''m glad you enjoyed it!!

Steph, your lasagna sounds good and healthy! We have our own lobster pot, so we steam the lobsters ourselves! It''s actually my favorite gift on Christmas day!! I hope you get your iPod Shuffle for Christmas too!

Skippy, I''m glad you got to go to Muscle Hour this week and had a good workout. I hope you enjoy your chocolates, in moderation of course.......LOL I used to love fancy milk chocolates, like Godiva, but for some reason, I''ve lost my taste for anything with milk chocolate and only seem to enjoy dark chocolate these days. I suspect it''s a mind thing as dark chocolate (of course in moderation) is a heart healthy treat.

Good for you wrapping presents Marcy. I haven''t wrapped the first gift, but we''re not going all out this year, with our jobs being a bit uncertain in the coming year. In year''s past, we used to go a bit overboard to begin with and at our age, we''ve got more than we need, so more stuff is just not needed this year. It''s a treat in itself to know we are waking up on Christmas morning in our beautiful condo overlooking Tampa bay, and not waking up in the crappy rented apartment we were stuck in Raleigh last Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
10.gif

That''s about all he wrote, so to all a good night!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, what a sweet friend you are; I love that, how sweet!!! Thanks for the good wish and I wish you and your wonderful family a safe trip for the holidays!!!

Marcy, you made me laugh about the present wrapping and why did you buy so many gifts!?!? heheee I mailed out my in laws gifts yesterday but the nutty thing I did was I felt bad because I didn't give my fil as many stocking stuffers as the rest of the family so I went a found these awesome eye drop for allergies and wrapped them as a stocking stuffer. hehee He suffers from allergies so I thought that might be okay. Stucking stuffers are a pain to wrap!

Rod, yay for the workout!!! Sounds like you are doing awesome! Yay for being in Tampa and loving it; thank makes me overjoyed for you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Woo hoo! I am down to 3 packages to wrap. I would like to go skipping down the street (of course it’s much too cold to do that so I won’t embarrass myself.)

My niece is going to save me from my pizza luncheon tomorrow; I am meeting her for lunch so I can finally give her the earrings I bought her for graduation. I can’t wait to see her reaction to them.

Sharon, you are a real sweetheart baking for your friend. I am glad to hear you like the resistance bands too. I will definitely pick some of them up. I am glad to hear your knee is doing okay today. Have a safe trip and fun visiting your family.

Rod, I am sure you enjoyed your hard workout tonight. Have fun shopping tomorrow. I agree waking up in a place where you love and want to be; is the best present ever.

Skippy, when I started wrapping Sunday night; I was wrapping everything individually. By tonight I was putting everything in one box for each person. I plan on finishing before I go to bed tonight and then I’ll pick up my mess tomorrow.

So back to those pesky last 3 gifts. If I pick up anything else for my DH it’s going in his stocking if I have to force it in there!
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey WWTr''s! Thanks for all the well-wishes re. my migraine issues, I''m feeling normal now and fingers and toes are crossed that I don''t have any more through the holidays. Steph, I don''t think mine are brought on by stress, I wasn''t feeling too stressed out when this last one occurred, and I''ve been keeping a "headache journal" for years now trying to figure out my triggers. They typically begin in the early morning hours and happen maybe every 2-3 months, although I once made it a whole year without having one. Sigh, who knows...some people are able to rule out certain things or figure out their triggers but i''ve never been able to, even when I keep track of my diet pretty religiously. I have the type that are always preceded by visual aura, and they consistently happen around 9 a.m.

Well, enough of that stuff! I made peanut butter fudge last night and only had about 3 one-inch pieces, left two more in the fridge for DH, and I''m bringing the rest to work tomorrow. I was rushing this morning and forgot to grab it altogether, but that was fine because it''s all neatly sliced into squares and I dug up a really pretty ceramic platter tonight when I got home to arrange it on when I DO take it to work tomorrow!

This is my first Christmas back in retail after 3 years...I really expected it to be crazy but it''s just been steady without too much chaos. It could be busier, I''ll admit...but I''m not coming home completely exhausted and we are well-staffed so I''m not complaining.

I splurged on calories tonight and brought home takeout from this lovely little Italian kitchen type place by where I work for DH and I. Baked cavatili in vodka sauce with green beans and other veggies and fresh baked bread, oh, it was divine. Salad and a nice bottle of pinot completed the meal and now I''m contentedly sitting by the tree all cozy and warm, with my tootsies propped up and the doggies snuggled by my side. I think I hear DH snoring already, LOL!

Marcy, yay for getting all those gifts wrapped! Lorelei, hope you''re feeling better. CJ, your holiday dress/shoes sound beautiful, but no fun walking around in slushy stuff... Skippy, ''tis the season of cookie eating...good for you to have a game plan before dining out so you can''t get too distracted. Hi Ladypirate and welcome, those 15 extra lbs will come off in no time since you''re motivated and are getting back into a more active lifestyle and eating better. I''m guessing you have a small frame to have a goal of 130? I''m 5''10, medium frame and my ideal goal is ~145... Mara, hope you had a great session with your trainer and that she doesn''t have you in too much pain! Rod, good for you for not depriving yourself through Christmas, that is a great attitude. We have to have SOME fun in life, right! Hi DeeJay, glad to "see" you briefly, I totally think your typical days count as workouts! Kimi, your dinners always sound wonderful, hope your day at a new school with the first graders went well! Sharon, wow, six different cookies, no wonder your GF was hugging you forever! How sweet you are to do that for her. Glad to hear your knee is holding up well.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks LP, Rod, Mara, Stephy, Kimmers, Marcy, Skippers, Monnie and Miss Sharon for the good wishes!

I finally feel much better today - yippee!!!

I won''t be able to fit in a workout tonight as we have to go out, but as my jeans are incredibly loose, I won''t worry too much. I bet that won''t last though, I will be back on the treddy soon.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results