shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 16th July till 22nd July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

Everyone is doing such a great job - well done everyone and our racers too Mara and Dani WTG!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I was thinking about how self defeating a lot of these strict diet plans can be and unrealistic too, judging from these success story ads. I find it difficult to believe ( call me an old cynic
2.gif
) that many of these slimmers have suddenly seen the light and just adore eating tons of fruit, veg and chicken and not much else, after eating several pieces of buttered toast for breakfast, half a packet of chocolate cookies for elevenses, pie and chips for lunch, and take out for dinner, with various candy bars in between!
6.gif
If they were the sort of person who enjoyed eating all of these things, they wouldn't have had a weight problem to begin with!!! I will admit it, I like junk and have a very sweet tooth, I am not keen on fruit and vegetables, but I fight to find a healthy balance. I have a little chocolate daily, try to eat some tinned fruit and fit in some veg where I can, but it doesn't come easily to this carb loving, junk craving chocoholic!

I think by denying yourself too much and trying to eat like a double distilled saint
17.gif
, means that once the feelings of deprivation set in, it is easy to rebel and eat everything in sight, whereas a bit of balance may help keep you on the right path. I think that is why this thread works, because we believe in enjoying yummy things in moderation, but also keeping active and working out, again it is a balance with being active, trying to eat carefully most of the time and an odd treat to look forward to!

Have a great week all and you may wish to know the weather here is still PANTS!!!
8.gif

PPS - Mara, was the coffee creme brulee very delicious?
emangel.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just popping in to say morning you! and everyone else!
35.gif

Speaking of creme brulee, we went to an excellent steakhouse while on vaca. We were all too stuffed for dessert, except my son. He had creme brulee, and shared. It was to die for!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2007 8:53:39 AM
Author: Ellen
Just popping in to say morning you! and everyone else!
35.gif

Speaking of creme brulee, we went to an excellent steakhouse while on vaca. We were all too stuffed for dessert, except my son. He had creme brulee, and shared. It was to die for!
Missed you!!!!

You wouldn''t catch ME sharing my dessert with ANYONE, but I am selfish and greedy where puddings are concerned!! ESPECIALLY creme brulee...
11.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday.
35.gif
Okay, I am 1/10 of a pound from reaching a loss of 110 pounds. Yeah! That will keep me motivated today. Last night I was hungry with a growling stomach while I tried to fall asleep so I distracted myself by making up stupid diet sayings. Like:
Today is the first day of the rest of your diet.
Eat here today, exercise it off tomorrow.
A calorie saved, is one less you have to burn.
Lorelei, thank you for your truly insightful and helpful opening. I am right there with you. If I didn’t have some type of chocolate every day, I’d be way overeating and blowing my diet the next day. I really stick to as normal, everyday food as possible but use portion control and eat more fruits and veggies. I know my method is working for me. It does seem like we all enjoy our little splurges and that makes us all happy and successful. Sorry to hear the weather is still pants. It’s really hot here but we get an occasional rain to cool things off.
Hi Ellen. I hope your vacation was wonderful.
Well, I must go wake up hubby and pack our lunch.
Have a great day!
36.gif

Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2007 9:09:28 AM
Author: marcyc

Happy Monday.
35.gif
Okay, I am 1/10 of a pound from reaching a loss of 110 pounds. Yeah! That will keep me motivated today. Last night I was hungry with a growling stomach while I tried to fall asleep so I distracted myself by making up stupid diet sayings. Like:
Today is the first day of the rest of your diet.
Eat here today, exercise it off tomorrow.
A calorie saved, is one less you have to burn.
Lorelei, thank you for your truly insightful and helpful opening. I am right there with you. If I didn’t have some type of chocolate every day, I’d be way overeating and blowing my diet the next day. I really stick to as normal, everyday food as possible but use portion control and eat more fruits and veggies. I know my method is working for me. It does seem like we all enjoy our little splurges and that makes us all happy and successful. Sorry to hear the weather is still pants. It’s really hot here but we get an occasional rain to cool things off.
Hi Ellen. I hope your vacation was wonderful.

Well, I must go wake up hubby and pack our lunch.
Have a great day!
36.gif

Marcy
Thanks Marcy!! I really feel that deprivation or feelings of it, is a slippery slope. Tell me I can''t have something and I will crave it all the more and find a way to have it!
11.gif
But by allowing myself some of everything if I want, then I find I am far more inclined to make good choices - but still have my bit of chocolate a day as that is important to me! If I can''t fight the urge for a KK donut, then I simply work out for a bit longer or harder that day or the next, it really keeps a sense of balance and I find that I no longer feel a failure or inadequate now, as I can''t fail, when I look at the bigger picture.

I have had to fight the feelings above for most of my life and now I finally realize that my figure and my weight is only part of who I am, things fell into place. I always felt judged by my weight by many people, including those who should have loved me unconditionally ( but thats another ball of wax) so I always felt thin = good and overweight = unworthy. So I have had a distorted view of things and only recently been able to wake up and smell the coffee. So this thread is great to be able to compare notes!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 8:58:20 AM
Author: Lorelei

Missed you!!!!

You wouldn''t catch ME sharing my dessert with ANYONE, but I am selfish and greedy where puddings are concerned!! ESPECIALLY creme brulee...
11.gif
Missed you too!
2.gif

And obviously I raised a good boy, cuz he WILL share.
25.gif
9.gif
2.gif

Marcy, thanks. Yes it was!

And congrats on the loss woman, you''re achievement is nothing less than spectacular!!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday all!

The HH and I spent a very relaxing weekend in Michigan with my best friend from law school and his partner. They rent a cottage up there every year and we pop up for a few days. Saugatuck is a charming little town and there is absolutely NOTHING to do there, LOL. Half the time my cell phone doesn't get a signal and using a laptop is out of the question (can you say "dial up"?!).

On the way up we stopped at an outlet mall. I tried on some pants at Ann Taylor, and the bad news is I decided at the last minute that the pockets were goofy and I didn't get them, but the good news is the size I *would* have bought was a 4! FOUR. The number between three and five. (Or really the number between six and two if we're talking clothing, ha ha.) A FOUR.
36.gif

(And speaking of "4", that's how many pounds I am up off my low right now, but for me weight that goes on fast comes off fast so I'm not worried.)

Today I am back to watching every cal that goes into my mouth and I've decided to start walking to and from work again, even though my stitches don't come out for another 10 days. I "discovered" the fiber one chocolate bars over the weekend. OMG--fabulous!!

Oh, and BTW, I've decided to quite my job. Yes, sheer insanity coming from me I know, but I'm going to tell my financial firm that I will help them find and train and transition to a new Chief Compliance Officer, but I'm going to go and do the real estate thing full time. I don't know what I will do the first time I wake up and realize I have NO CLIENTS, but I guess that's the way it goes in sales. I have a decent pipeline, but I'm sure there will be moments of utter and absolute panic when I run out of people to sell to. Please be prepared to offer calming words and much alcohol when the panic hits!! (I do imagine leaving the financial firm will be a long period of transition though--I can't fathom that I'll be able to find and transition a new CCO quickly, but as long as I see the light at the end of the tunnel I'll manage through.)

Lorelei, I'm with you on the strict diet thing. I was talking to my friend last night about how I've managed to lose weight and his take away was "OK, so what you're saying is a balanced diet and working out" -- like it was some novel idea! I was like, um, yes, you don't need some crazy fad to drop a few pounds. He seemed amazed by the whole concept, LOL!

Ellen, where you been girlfriend? And NO talking of creme brulee this early in the day!!

Marcy, too funny on the diet sayings! Love the "calorie saved" one--I often tell that to myself when I'm making a choice between two things and I end up going for the lower cal one.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Dee about the '' balanced'' diet and exercise plan, some people think you have to suffer to be successful!

Best of luck on your job decision, we will be here with comfort and anything else you might need!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

DeeJay! First, you''ve been missed. Second, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
emcocktl.gif
Here''s to making a difficult career move! How excited for you. I am starting the alcohol offerings early to numb you.

Welcome back, Ellen! Did you have a terrific vacation?

Lorelei, your opening is so true, thank you for yet another perfect beginning to our week! Just like everyone else, when I deprive myself I wind up going a little bit nuts. So I have managed to consistently eat and drink the things I love (ice cream and wine) without going overboard.

Marcy, we''re a ways off from finding a house. We need to finish our yard, put it on the market and sell it first! We''ve built a great list of homes that we both love from our open house wanderings though (and it''s a pleasant way to spend a Sunday afternoon, especially for DH who works in real estate and likes to keep his finger on the pulse). We actually have the same top 4 list, which is awesome. I have an absolute favorite that has been on the market since December so I''ve got my fingers crossed that it will stick around a bit longer.

I''d better get ready for work!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

I'm finally back home and ready to get back into my summer routine and school starts one month from today so I'll be able to get back into my gym routine soon too.

Dee, hubby and I love Saugatuck. We drove there on a whim when it was featured on the cover of Mid-West living. stayed in a B&B. I've always wanted to go back at Christmas when they decorate the town and do carriage rides. Congrats on the size 4 and quitting your job
36.gif
the 10 days will go by fast and you'll be back to working out before you know it..

thanks lorelei for the wonderful words of wisdom as always to begin our week!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 9:59:03 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Happy Monday all!

Oh, and BTW, I''ve decided to quite my job. Yes, sheer insanity coming from me I know, but I''m going to tell my financial firm that I will help them find and train and transition to a new Chief Compliance Officer, but I''m going to go and do the real estate thing full time. I don''t know what I will do the first time I wake up and realize I have NO CLIENTS, but I guess that''s the way it goes in sales. I have a decent pipeline, but I''m sure there will be moments of utter and absolute panic when I run out of people to sell to. Please be prepared to offer calming words and much alcohol when the panic hits!! (I do imagine leaving the financial firm will be a long period of transition though--I can''t fathom that I''ll be able to find and transition a new CCO quickly, but as long as I see the light at the end of the tunnel I''ll manage through.)

Ellen, where you been girlfriend? And NO talking of creme brulee this early in the day!!
36.gif
You''re gonna do great!! But I''ll say Good Luck anyway!
2.gif

I went out of town to visit family. I posted in here (the other thread) right before I left, but you must have missed it.

And congrats on a 4!! (I hate you)
25.gif

Kim, thank you!! Yes, it was a great time, as always. These are my absolute favorite people to be with.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay, congrats on the new size that's great! Chicago is on our list of places to live post graduate school, so maybe you can help us find a house in a few years.
2.gif
I think this job change is just what you need based on the excitement you exude for the profession. Congrats!

I broke the scale ban today and THANK GOD it gave me 1.5 lbs. Now, considering I've been doing the exercising everyday and watching calories thing for a month now, it's only a teeny change, but a welcome one. The BETTER news is that in just a week I have dropped a LOT of inches. 1/2 on my arms, 1.25 on my waist, 1.5 on my stomach, .5 on my thighs...it's crazy! I am very happy that I finally remembered to measure myself instead of going by the scale. It's a much better gauge for me.

Lorelei, I completely agree with you about the deprivation thing. It's amazing to me how many of my friends try to lose weight by cutting everything fun out of their diet, then binging, then wondering why they don't lose. Moderation is key, for me I need my bread and pasta or else I think I would die.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2007 10:47:40 AM
Author: neatfreak
Dee Jay, congrats on the new size that''s great! Chicago is on our list of places to live post graduate school, so maybe you can help us find a house in a few years.
2.gif
I think this job change is just what you need based on the excitement you exude for the profession. Congrats!

I broke the scale ban today and THANK GOD it gave me 1.5 lbs. Now, considering I''ve been doing the exercising everyday and watching calories thing for a month now, it''s only a teeny change, but a welcome one. The BETTER news is that in just a week I have dropped a LOT of inches. 1/2 on my arms, 1.25 on my waist, 1.5 on my stomach, .5 on my thighs...it''s crazy! I am very happy that I finally remembered to measure myself instead of going by the scale. It''s a much better gauge for me.

Lorelei, I completely agree with you about the deprivation thing. It''s amazing to me how many of my friends try to lose weight by cutting everything fun out of their diet, then binging, then wondering why they don''t lose. Moderation is key, for me I need my bread and pasta or else I think I would die.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Oh gosh - me too!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday Team WWT!

Great opener as usual Lorelei and I certainly agree with you. If we deprive ourselves too much, it's just not worth is and we'll surely fail ultimately. Thanks as always for coming up with the perfect weekly inspiration!

Ellen, welcome back and I hope you had a fabulous vacation!!

DeeJay, WOO HOO to you my dear. Sounds like you've made a great decision for you and I'm sure you'll be SUPER SUCCESSFUL as a realtor full-time. For me, quitting the job under Satan in Raleigh was one of the most liberating experiences of my life. And I knew I was heading into total uncertainty, but things have worked out just fine as you know. Again, congratulations!!

I receieved a note this morning from my company's health plan administrator that they agree the insurance company can not treat my situation as pre-exisitng and they will work to get this removed from the insurance company's side. At least some progress is being made and I should be able to get the biopsy scheduled sometime this week, but will likely be looking at mid-august before they can do it. Still, just getting it scheduled will be somewhat of a relief. I wake up in the middle of the night every night and sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with fear that I can't fall back asleep, so getting this over with sooner rather than later will be a good thing.

Welcome home Mrssalvo and glad you can get back to your regularly scheduled summer activities. Hard to believe schools will be opening in a month. They do in Florida as well, but personally, I don't understand why? When I was a kid (and bread cost a nickle a loaf - JUST KIDDING), schools didn't open until after Labor Day, which allowed families to get in that last holiday weekend before schools opened. But I guess getting kids in school sooner get's them more prepared for the real world one day!!

Wow Marcy, 1/10 of a pound is nothing. I'd say you've earned the right to claim the full 110 pounds. YOU GO GIRL!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!

wow Dee, quitting the job, well it sounds like the RE portion of your life is hugely taking off so i guess now is the time to do it right? congrats on making a huge life decision. and congrats on size 4!

speaking of clothes, for those of who who have shunk significantly, isn''t it funny how sometimes you try things on and you think oh my god this really makes me look much larger than i am . and then i stop and think well i am trying on a 2 or a 4 or something, how large can i REALLY look? but it seems like so many times even when our size shrinks, as i have said before, our minds don''t really catch up. at the stores sometimes i think ''oh i still can''t wear these, jeez, they make my butt look huge'' or something. so the funny thing is that sometimes no matter how small you are, there are certain styles or similar that you STILL can''t wear. how fair is that? hehe.

anyway, had a great night''s sleep last nite...thank goodness most of my big sunday meals seems to be gone from the belly hehee. breakfast today was kashi go lean with blueberries on top and almond milk and coffee. i was looking fwd to having a really low key day with eating but i noticed on my calendar this AM we have a team lunch argh. so hopefully that means somewhere HEALTHY. who knows. but i plan to get something light with lots of protein.

welcome home mrs salvo and ellen, sounds like you gals had a great time on your trips. marcy i like your says but i try not to think of the whole thing as a diet, it''s a lifestyle change!!

and yes lorelei and DJ, i think that you are spot on. it is very hard i think for people to sustain FOREVER (because that is what needs to happen really) the whole ''i''m going to eat lots of fruits and vegetables and lean proteins'' mentality....it is easier for me to do that and get the weight off, and sure i have what i like to call ''coping mechanisms'' while doing it, aka a bit of chocolate here or one piece of bread there, but in reality my mind is thinking about the next time that i can have a big piece of cake (or two) or more bread with butter or something. as someone who just plain loves how food tastes, i am always kind of struggling with what i want to have vs what i should be having. and that is just flat out the way it is going to be FOREVER. and i am getting used to that mentality, and sometimes it''s so easy and other times it''s very hard. but oh well! i just try to stay super active...and then figure as long as i don''t balloon out that it''s all good.
3.gif
and boycott the scale. hehee. a few lbs here or there is no big deal as i am going off clothes fitting now. i will be interested to weigh myself and check body fat in a few weeks though (but maybe not til after my mega vacations and work trips coming up, yikes!!).

people love to think about how to get the weight off but no one really thinks about how to keep it off. and that is why so many people turn to yoyo dieting or those diets that take weight off fast or with funny eating habits, but then go oops well now how do i keep off those 10 lbs? unless you get to that point with the RIGHT tools and skills, it will be harder than ever. so i think those that are more comfortable doing it the slow yet steady way are the ones who will have more chance of success later. anyhow, kudos to all wwt''ers for staying so active and eating well 90% of the time, the other 10% is just called living life!!
3.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all--good afternoon. i''m back on track after having a stressful week last week. my dh got injured at work, but thankfully he is 100% better. gotta love the honey calm down, but i''m in the hospital phone call
40.gif
. thank goodness he fully recovered from being hit in the face with hydrolic oil. thankfully theres no permanant eye damage or burns.

i ate pretty healthy, except for the splurging at the movies last night
9.gif
. but i didn''t get to really work out too much so today its back to pilates and light stregnth tqaining. its way too humid to go walking. the air is just stagnent and "soupy".

tonight i''m making tacos for dinner.
3.gif
i love tacos, but not from chain restaurants. so its going to be hard and soft with a choice of chicken or beef. i love using fresh cilantro in the homemade tomato topping---anyone know how to make it last longer or how to store it?

lorelei i think people trick themselves for short times into believing they really love those things, but then the chocolates creep back and before you know it you are right back to gorging like before you started. moderation seems to be the key--at least in my case. i eat healthy, but i don''t deny my sweet tooth--just tone it down to a little bit of ch ch chip, instead of the whole pint of ch ch chip ice cream
9.gif
. i totally agree that if you cut it out totally you WILL rebel and overgorge yourself. its like a little kid--parent says no, but the kid does it anyway.

yay marcy--keep at it! i''m inspired to work out and keep at it when i hear about your weight loss journey.

woohooo deejay---size 4!!! congrats.
36.gif
those ch fiber one bars are delish, but try not to overeat them....i did
20.gif
. good for you for having the guts to quit your job and do real estate full time. trust your judgement and when you panic--have a glass of wine
emcocktl.gif
. and tell us about your panic so we can have one for you
9.gif

neatfreak--awesome progress---inches are better to lose than pounds. pounds aren''t an accurate representation of how healthy you are or how good you look, but inches are. the scale IS NOT your friend...or mine...lol

have a great week everyone! today is the day you CAN make a change.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 1:01:50 PM
Author: NYCsparkle
Hi all--good afternoon. i''m back on track after having a stressful week last week. my dh got injured at work, but thankfully he is 100% better. gotta love the honey calm down, but i''m in the hospital phone call
40.gif
. thank goodness he fully recovered from being hit in the face with hydrolic oil. thankfully theres no permanant eye damage or burns.

tonight i''m making tacos for dinner.
3.gif
i love tacos, but not from chain restaurants. so its going to be hard and soft with a choice of chicken or beef. i love using fresh cilantro in the homemade tomato topping---anyone know how to make it last longer or how to store it?
NYC - your poor HUBBY!!!!! Thank goodness he is ok - that is the worst kind of phone call to receive!!!!

About cilantro - you can pull the leaves off, put them in an ice cube tray, fill with water and make cilantro cubes out of them. Then when you are ready to use, just defrost! Fresh herbs are so frustrating some times! I love fresh basil, but unless I''m making pesto, it always goes bad before I use it all. I have also heard that you should treat your herbs like flowers - in a vase out of the fridge.

Neatfreak - great job on the inches!!!!! Throw that scale out
1.gif

Lorelei - great opener as always! I actually just read an article that said something to the effect that if you try to deprive yourself in too many areas of your life, you are more likely to binge/break the promises on at least one of the things you''ve tried to restrict. Interesting thought, but I can see some truth in that when I try to exercise like 6 times a week and eat ONLY really good foods! It''s too much!!!

Ellen - welcome back!! Yum - creme brulee!!

Marcy - great job being so close to 110. Does this mark the first ten pounds you''ve lost after joining the thread? I thought I remember you were just at 100 when you joined?!?! Congrats on the continuing success!!!!

Dee - how exciting about the career change & the size 4 pants!! I''m not sure which is more exciting!
2.gif
Sounds like you had a great relaxing weekend, and I hope you take it easy on those legs - be careful walking with your stitches!!!

Kim - I am crossing my fingers for your favorite house to stay on the market - I''m sure your current home will be ready in no time!

MrsSalvo - welcome back!! I can''t believe school starts so soon for your kiddos, but it''ll be good to get back into the routine!

Rod - yay for the Health Plan admin. giving good news!!! I''m sure it''ll work out and hopefully you''ll be able to sleep more soundly soon! Yay for sushi tonight!

Mara - re: not being able to wear certain styles of clothes...I think there are clothes out there that just are not meant for ANYONE! But I do also believe there are clothes that flatter our body types best and yes unfortunately there will be some clothes we''ll never be able to wear. Like on What Not To Wear - they tell pretty much everyone they should wear straight legged pants as to not emphasize the hips (the largest part of most people''s bodies). This weekend they showed an episode where they recommended skinny jeans to a girl (tall,very thin, stick type) and they basically said she would be the only person they would ever recommend this type of jean to! I am babbling, but I guess my point is you are right! There are some clothes you''ll never be able to wear! But that doesn''t mean that your butt is actually bigger or the size it was before - it''s just not a good style for YOUR butt!

Anyway - I wanted to head to the gym tonight, but we have a friend visiting from California (San Jose actually - Mara, you could be neighbors & I wouldn''t even know it!). I am going to make a yummy pork tenderloin with pineapple salsa and see what kind of yummy sides I can come up with. I think we''ll do fresh fruit for dessert (or maybe try the grilled peaches!) I am goign to see if I can fit in a quick workout maybe just at home for 20 minutes or so. Otherwise, it''s back to the gym tomorrow. Have a great day everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee, good news!!! Sounds like you do well in Real Estate! Plus doing 2 jobs is tough; you deserve less stress
9.gif
Real Estate sounds fun!

Lorelei, I lke that you say it is a lifestyle thing and not a quick fix! Thanks!

Yay, Miss Ellen's back!!! You were missed!

Marcy, yay for 1/10th

Kimberly have a great day at work!

Yay, Mrs. S on a wonderful vacation!!!

Neatfreak, whooo hooo on the 1.5lbs
36.gif

Danielle, I heard about freezing herbs. Trader Joes' also sells them frozen. Have fun w/your friend!

Good news Rod, in making some progress. I am crossing my fingers.

Mara, great job on the race and glad you slept well.

Hey, NYC!

I will probably do some house cleaning and lift weights. I will find out what the doc says today; I am pushing for PT. With my old insurance I didn't need the doctor to give me a referral but I talked to the insurance co and I need a referral. Oh well.

Happy Monday all
35.gif

Sevenwires

Rough_Rock

Hi all. I’m been MIA from posting… but I’ve still been following everyone else’s on the WWT. I recently decided to go back to school full time and work a little less than full time, but given that it’s summer, the classes are going pretty quick with lots of tests and homework.

I’m really struggling to find time to hit the gym. So far right now, I’m able to find 2 days out of the week to meet with my trainer for a good 1 hour workout. But I’m still trying to squeeze out another 3, one hour workout days. It’s a little hard since I need to be in class from 7:30a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and then work around 2 p.m to around 9 or 10 p.m. After that it’s study and homework time. BAH! But I’m half way through the summer program. So from what I remember, the regular semesters are a lot less crazy.

Oh, and it’s so hard to eat good food that’s healthy these days. I’m eating a lot of fruits (cause it’s easy), protein bars (convenient), and protein shakes. Oh, and Mara, I’m not sure what your shake has in terms of cals and protein grams, but I drink isopure. I think every 2 scoops is 210 calories with 50 grams of protein. It’s just easier for me to drink less times and get just as much protein..

SO .. I have to rush to the next class now.. catch up later..

Have a great week, all!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello all! not too much new to report today - kashi go lean for breakfast and a lean cuisine for lunch...i desperately need to hit the grocery store! i have an appointment to take my car in for service after work today, so i won't be able to make it to the gym, but i am going to try for 45 minutes on the stationary bike at home. dinner is also TBD based on what time i get done with my car, but i feel like i need a "real" dinner - i've had smoothies for dinner the last 2 nights and i am really craving something more substantial and savory. maybe i will splurge on a burrito at qdoba - there is one near the dealership and i love those things!

lorelei, loved your post about everything in moderation.

hi ellen and marcy!

dj, good to have you back, and congrats on the size 4 and your new career.

kimberly, hope your house is still waiting for you when you are ready.

welcome back mrs salvo.

neatfreak, yay for 1.5 pounds lost. my body is the same way - doesn't give up pounds very often but seems to be shifting things around.

rod, hope you can get the insurance all worked out.

mara, there will always be some clothes i can't wear no matter how small i get! i will always be short and carry most of my weight in my lower half, so i look huge when i wear anything that isn't fitted at the waist (babydoll tops are not my friend...).

nyc, hope your hubby is ok.

danielle, have fun with your friend.

skippy, hope you can get the approval for the pt.

seven, just do the best you can fitting healthy stuff into your busy schedule. even little changes can make a big difference over time (and are more sustainable, as has already been mentioned earlier today!)

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry you had such a stressful episode with your hubby''s saftey NYC, but glad all worked out well!

Congrats on 1.5 lbs Neat!! That''s always a nice thing to see!!

Enjoy your dinner with your could be neighbor of Mara''s from SJ Danielle! And I agree with you, there are just some clothes styles that no matter how hard we work on our bodies, may not look good on us. And Mara, I agree that we put some clothes on and look at our reflections in the mirror and think OH NO, when it''s possible it could be, OH WOW. But, I''m not sure I''m in the OH WOW stage yet, as I seem to find OH NO more often than not. LOL

I''d say enjoy the housecleaning there SKippy, but let''s get real, who really enjoys cleaning house? No offense if you do though, but I can honestly say that while I love a clean house and my house is most definitely clean, I do not like the actual house cleaning activities one bit. Be careful if you go lifing weights that you don''t hurt that knee further, OK?

Just about 1.5 hours to Monday night Sushi. YAY!!!! Today''s been a long day for a Monday. The interns have about 14 billion questions. They''re now actually being assigned real jobs to work on so now they actually have to recall things I taught them last week. It''s amazing to see what was retained and what produces deer caught in headlights faces.........LOL
23.gif
33.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 3:52:02 PM
Author: Rod
Sorry you had such a stressful episode with your hubby''s saftey NYC, but glad all worked out well!

Enjoy your dinner with your could be neighbor of Mara''s from SJ Danielle! And I agree with you, there are just some clothes styles that no matter how hard we work on our bodies, may not look good on us. And Mara, I agree that we put some clothes on and look at our reflections in the mirror and think OH NO, when it''s possible it could be, OH WOW. But, I''m not sure I''m in the OH WOW stage yet, as I seem to find OH NO more often than not. LOL

I''d say enjoy the housecleaning there SKippy, but let''s get real, who really enjoys cleaning house? No offense if you do though, but I can honestly say that while I love a clean house and my house is most definitely clean, I do not like the actual house cleaning activities one bit. Be careful if you go lifing weights that you don''t hurt that knee further, OK?

Just about 1.5 hours to Monday night Sushi. YAY!!!! Today''s been a long day for a Monday. The interns have about 14 billion questions. They''re now actually being assigned real jobs to work on so now they actually have to recall things I taught them last week. It''s amazing to see what was retained and what produces deer caught in headlights faces.........LOL
23.gif
33.gif

Rod I think I am one of the few people who enjoy housecleaning. Would you believe that it''s actually a stress reliever for me? Often if I am really stressed and can''t sleep I will get up and powerclean for a few hours, then I''m usually calm enough to go to bed.

What can I say, I''m weird!
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NF, I forgot to congratulate you on your success on the scales and with the tape measure - great job!!!!!

As far as housecleaning, sometimes I don't mind if I am in the mood, but I do find it helpful mentally at times, if I feel upset or anxious and my world is feeling ' off', then a good cleaning session helps to restore me to tranquility. It definitely makes me feel better when my surroundings are super clean and neat...It is almost as if I am cleaning away negative energy and making things better! I particularly like ' wet' jobs at this time like washing floors and bath tubs and bleaching everything in sight!

Good to see you back 7 wires
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
afternoon all!! it's awesome we got so many check-ins today...sevenwires good to see you again, just do what you can! sometimes life intrudes on our best intentions.

so for lunch we ended up going to this closeby restaurant that has amazing italian food and even better hot bread...hahaa. i almost caved and got the crab and shrimp melt with avocado on toasted sourdough with garlic fries BUT somehow common sense prevaled with not much mental coercion and i ended up getting a gorgonzola walnut primavera salad with grilled chicken on top and the dressing on the side. whee. and had no bread. i swear it's just so much easier for me to have none than some of those types of things. i'm in my smallest jeans today but they are kinda tight, definitely isn't conducive to lots more eating lol.
3.gif

for snack i am going to have fage with my fruit salad and some honey drizzled over...that is my new tasty thing all mixed together, so awesome for hot summer days. tonite i am going to do a 'home workout' as my sore body allows hahaa. for dinner we may either do TJ's pizzas or bbq chicken quesadillas, depending on how i feel !

i totally agree gals on some clothes just not working for body shapes or structures, isn't that the biggest drag? it's funny because people are always like oh you are tall you can wear anything. but i envy smaller girls who look more petite in certain types of clothes as well.

have a great afternoon all!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2007 4:16:42 PM

23.gif
33.gif

Rod I think I am one of the few people who enjoy housecleaning. Would you believe that it''s actually a stress reliever for me? Often if I am really stressed and can''t sleep I will get up and powerclean for a few hours, then I''m usually calm enough to go to bed.

3.gif
LOL.......I knew when I wrote that I had a 50/50 chance or greater there is someone who enjoy''s the art of housecleaning? Perhaps I might have guessed by your Avatar Name!! LOL. I do enjoy home projects. I get a kick out of working on drywall and caulking and painting, but give me a vacuum, a mop, or a dust rag and I''m not really a happy camper. Say, if you''re anywhere near Tampa, you''re more than welcom to apply your POWERCLEANING skills to our place.......LOL
31.gif
11.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I had a pure panic attack after actually telling the management of my firm that I was leaving, but I think I'm better now. Went to lunch with a girlfriend and had rotisserie chicken with sides of green beans and spinach but I dropped my fork on the ground and just didn't have it in me to go get another one so I ended up throwing out most of my lunch (the veggies were way over-done anyway).

Lorelei, LOL, yes, the concept of "balance" totally snipered my friend!

Kimberly, when the time comes the right house will be there waiting for you. And it's great that you and your DH have the same top list--that would never happen with me and the HH!

Mrs. S., Saugatuck is SO charming. We go up there for a weekend every summer.

Ellen, I did miss that you were going out of town (last week was just hell for me!) but I'm glad you had a good trip.

Neatfreak, good for you on the 1.5 lbs! And absolutely--I would love to help you find a house in a few years!

Rod, thanks for the kind words! And I'm so glad your insurance company seems to be coming around.

Mara, the 4s were a nice ego boost (even if the pockets were too funky, LOL).

NYC, thanks for offering to join me in that glass of wine. I really could have used one about 10:00 this morning, ha ha!

Danielle, you're right about the stitches. Even though my leg *feels* OK for the most part right now it really is not healed and I have to be careful. And I do look forward to the day when I can take a shower without my thigh wrapped in Glad Press 'n' Seal!!

Skippy, I hope that a little PT solves your problem. I've had it over the years for various things and it has always worked very successfully.

Sevenswires, don't stress too much about only being able to work out a few times a week. It sounds like your schedule is pretty full and getting in two good workouts is not shabby!

Short, have the buritto! After two nights of smoothies for dinner you deserve it.

And thanks all for the encouragement about the career decision. Who needs a regular paycheck?!?
3.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2007 5:30:12 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Well I had a pure panic attack after actually telling the management of my firm that I was leaving, but I think I''m better now. Went to lunch with a girlfriend and had rotisserie chicken with sides of green beans and spinach but I dropped my fork on the ground and just didn''t have it in me to go get another one so I ended up throwing out most of my lunch (the veggies were way over-done anyway).

Lorelei, LOL, yes, the concept of ''balance'' totally snipered my friend!

Kimberly, when the time comes the right house will be there waiting for you. And it''s great that you and your DH have the same top list--that would never happen with me and the HH!

Mrs. S., Saugatuck is SO charming. We go up there for a weekend every summer.

Ellen, I did miss that you were going out of town (last week was just hell for me!) but I''m glad you had a good trip.

Neatfreak, good for you on the 1.5 lbs! And absolutely--I would love to help you find a house in a few years!

Rod, thanks for the kind words! And I''m so glad your insurance company seems to be coming around.

Mara, the 4s were a nice ego boost (even if the pockets were too funky, LOL).

NYC, thanks for offering to join me in that glass of wine. I really could have used one about 10:00 this morning, ha ha!

Danielle, you''re right about the stitches. Even though my leg *feels* OK for the most part right now it really is not healed and I have to be careful. And I do look forward to the day when I can take a shower without my thigh wrapped in Glad Press ''n'' Seal!!

Skippy, I hope that a little PT solves your problem. I''ve had it over the years for various things and it has always worked very successfully.

Sevenswires, don''t stress too much about only being able to work out a few times a week. It sounds like your schedule is pretty full and getting in two good workouts is not shabby!

Short, have the buritto! After two nights of smoothies for dinner you deserve it.

And thanks all for the encouragement about the career decision. Who needs a regular paycheck?!?
3.gif
LOL DeeJay.......Actually, I''m jealous as hell of you. My family has for the most part always been in real estate. My brother has become a millionaire from being in real estate and now he has ''people'' who ''do things'' for him. I''m the one who has always believed that one needed the stability of the corporate life, including the benefits, auto deposit paycheck, paid time off etc., but there''s gold in them houses and you''re headed towards total freedom and the possibility of making a fortune for your future and one day retirement. So, YOU GO GIRL!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 4:46:49 PM

Date: 7/16/2007 4:16:42 PM

3.gif
LOL.......I knew when I wrote that I had a 50/50 chance or greater there is someone who enjoy''s the art of housecleaning? Perhaps I might have guessed by your Avatar Name!! LOL. I do enjoy home projects. I get a kick out of working on drywall and caulking and painting, but give me a vacuum, a mop, or a dust rag and I''m not really a happy camper. Say, if you''re anywhere near Tampa, you''re more than welcom to apply your POWERCLEANING skills to our place.......LOL
31.gif
11.gif

ohhh no, not me; it is no fun! You guys crack me up. hehehe
9.gif

We had 2 people who use to clean my house for a year and I hated it. I felt weird about the whole thing; I would read or work on my laptop while they cleaned but I felt lazy for some reason so now I clean. I don''t like it but I do it and I like it better than having someone else do it for me because I hate supervising.
14.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Hi, All!

First off, let me say a big THANK YOU to SO many of you for the lovely anniversary wishes last week! We went to the Melting Pot for dinner and lounged for THREE HOURS! INDULGED like mad in splitting cheese fondue, their fusion plate (bits of lobster/shrimp/tuna/chicken/beef tenderloin), veggies, and a scrumptious flaming turtle fondue (milk choc, caramel & pecans).......it was SINFUL, but really relaxed, intimate and just flat out NICE.

I left early on Thursday to head for Maine - hijacked my old roommate and we took off to Bar Harbor together. Roamed the town, and then stayed at a relatively swanky (for Bar harbor) regency suite with full ocean-view room. We played an hour of tennis and followed with a Maine Blueberry Martini (to DIE for) and a Lobster Cobb Salad. MMMMMM

Watched the sun rise the next morning - (glorious pics I''ll post in a bit), and then wound through several cute coastal towns on the way back down.

Today is my first day back at work....bah! However, nice to be a bit more structured again with meals and hoping to get a good walk in tonight.

Dee, CONGRATS on the lifechange and the SIZE FOUR - YAY, GAL! You can DO IT!
Rod, glad to hear the insurance BS is settling down and you''re on the road to getting your tests
Skip - take it easy on that knee!
Marcy, congrats - don''t knock progress, no matter how small. It''s far better than the alternative.
Lorelei - SO SO true on the ''have a little so you don''t go wild'' sentiment. I find that helps, too.
Ellen - welcome back - glad the trip was enjoyable.
Kimberly - already shooting out the fairy dust that your top pics stays available for you!
Mrs. S. - welcome back - I''ll bet you''re toned and fit to KILL after all that time in the pool.
Mara - YAY on relying more on the clothes than the scale. A fabulous approach!
NF - glad the scale is moving for you - YAY
NYC - glad to hear the hubby is OK...whew!

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Hello and Happy Monday all! Time is just flying this summer, isn''t it?

This weekend, I lived more than I ate healthy :) The tasting menu at the Thai restaurant was absolutely unbelievable. The twelve (yes, TWELVE) courses were each more glorious than the last. Fortunately, each "course" was literally a bite. So I didn''t feel terribly guilty about cleaning my plate!

And since none of you witnessed me eating the frosting off of one of those mini-cupcakes yesterday, I refuse to acknowledge it here. But had one of you witnessed it, not a one of you would begrudge me that. And no, I didn''t put the cupcake back after licking off the frosting. Allegedly.

Lots of activity yesterday as we took the puppy to my folks'' house. We walked about 1.5 miles to Lake Michigan, went swimming with the pup, and walked back.

This week is a new Yoga Booty Tape. It''s Yoga Booty Ballet Go-Go...so lots and lots of silly dance moves. I am so glad that no one watches me do these tapes. It''s bad enough that I get quizzical glances from the dog; DH has to fight back the giggles when he passes by, but then again, I''m laughing pretty hard myself! Which is an ab workout on its own.

Today, eating-wise, was pretty good. There''s a new Total Cereal in town, and it has cranberries! Yum! For lunch, a turkey-mushroom wrap. Tonight, Cosco Chicken Ravioli with a lot of veggies on the side and some more home-made Fro-Yo.

Congrats to all on an outstandingly healthy and happy weekend.

Whoo hoo DeeJay on the career move. That takes a lot of courage! Go you!
Skippy -- hope you are feeling better...

Everyone else, I''m not ignoring you, I''m just running off to clean my house. Oh wait, no I''m not.

25.gif

Peace and love.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results