shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 16th April till 22nd April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all.

I have tried to practise what I preach these past few days and continue to work out where I can. It has helped me to offload some of the sadness and anger I have been feeling and calm me down a bit afterwards. I am grateful to be able to workout to release some of the negative feelings I have had, amongst other things. My point is, that for the good it can do us physically, it can greatly benefit us mentally too, sometimes when things are hard it is the last thing you want to consider doing is to workout, but if you are feeling angry and upset and full of nervous energy, sometimes a session at the gym can help a little.

Have a great week everyone.

I also just wanted to welcome our newcomers and our ''Seeks too as I call her, truly you don''t have to workout to join this thread, the encouragement and tips are incredibly helpful here, it is a place for anyone who wants to try to live a healthy lifestyle and enjoy a splurge occasionally, so I hope you all stick around.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning all.

Yes, it''s amazing the mental/emotional benefits one can get from exercising. You''re so right Lorelei.

I too welcome all newcomers!

Hope everyone has a good week.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday All!

So glad that everyone seems to be continuing down the path of success. Way to go, Mara, you turned down dessert! That is definitely victory! And Lorelei, your post is so true. When my mother-in-law and grandfather died within weeks of one another earlier this year, exercise was a great source of release for me.

Today is a workout day. And then laundry and packing for Chicago and doing as much as possible for a school project due on Thursday so that we can truly just relax and enjoy our trip. I''ll be bringing workout clothes as there is a gym at the hotel, but I''m not so sure I''ll have the time to use it...typically all downtime when we travel gets dedicated to school and we end up walking miles upon miles (at least 4 a day, but as much as 10) so I don''t feel bad for not doing an actual workout when we visit Chicago.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning
9.gif

Kimberly are you going for a visit or moving already to Chicago? EXCITING!!! Hey Ellen! Lorelei, I am sorry; glad you are taking care of yourself.

I am happy to start a new week. I will be doing Step Aerobics tonight. I am going to try and eat better; I have been so bad. I think it all started when it was my last week of work before I started studying because everyone wanted to take me to lunch and now I sort of got use to eating more. Hopefully I can tone it down now. Plus being home to all day food access is kind of hard. Crossing my fingers and toes I can do it!

I think this place is going to give me great strength in being accountable! Thanks all
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
miss skippy you have to check in with us for us to holy you accountable, you know that right? hehee. whenever i have something really bad for me greg is always like 'you know you have to go online and write that you ate that !!!!' hahaha. most of the time i do.
5.gif

though quite honestly, i find that we all tend to hold ourselves over-accountable. aka we beat ourselves up more than anyone else really could. maybe if we all did less of that it'd be easier to succeed for many people. sure i can tell someone 'hey you know that isn't the best thing to be eating if you want to lose weight' (sometimes i do hehe), but really, we all kinda already know right? most of the time anyway, sometimes things are sneaky and you think you are doing an okay thing and then are surprised...i have had that happen to me for sure. i also find that with myself i need to be better about just accepting my slip ups and realizing that one or two days of bad eating is not going to make me balloon out. after you have lost a fair amount of weight and if it was a hard long process/road, then you do tend to be paranoid about regaining (right rod?! pizza!) and i think it can sometimes color our 'rational' thinking. so i am trying to be better about remembering that too. and trying to have a light day or two after a big splurge. that really balances me out both physically and mentally i think and keeps me from overloading on 'too yummy for me' stuff. hehe.

so happy new week all!! lorelei so glad you could come and start the thread. i hope that you are slowly feeling a bit better...i have no idea what you are really going through but i can somewhat imagine. so hang in there...keep using the workouts to get rid of that stress and pain and hopefully time will heal the wound a bit.

breakfast today was optimum waffles (i love these things!) with butter spray and sf syrup and sliced strawberries. funny but i noticed the ones in this package somehow seemed larger than the last one so now that i have my trusty food scale (which i tend to forget about lol), i weighed one and it was 45g instead of 38g like on the serving for the package. so definitely added a few more cals in there but not too many, it was fun to see for sure though that my eyes were not deceiving me re- larger portion. i don't mind the extra cals as these help keep me full til lunch and so a slightly larger waffle is actually an okay thing in my book hehe. as long as i know it! anyway if anyone wants to know, i get them at whole foods, they are Optimum Power Waffles by the same people who make Optimum cereals. they are blueberry, flax, soy waffles and i think they even have sunflower seeds in them. they are 160 cals for 2 (typical serving) and 5g fiber and 5g protein for 2. since i love flaxy/wheaty/branny kind of tasting things they are right up my alley.

anyhow, hope everyone is having a lovely day so far...!! kimberly good luck packing and if i forget to say it later, have a great time in Chicago!!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
good morning all!!! its a rainy chilly monday here,
15.gif
i keep saying it but, where the heck is spring already? its only supposed to be in the low 40''s until the end of the week.
38.gif
anyways this weekend i had a bridal shower and ate a delicious eggplant rollatini.
3.gif
i passed on the cake, but ate the fruit. yay!! i did pilates and had a great walking workout on saturday. i probably walked 5 miles altogether. then came this morning---i ate 2 mrs. fields cookies for breakfast....while they started out delicious, i began to feel too full from them--a yucky heavy feeling. i''m going to try to eat just 3 bites of desserts and then wait a bit to decide if i really want more or if i would just be shoveling it in. i forgot who uses that rule---3 bites.....anyways i''m going to do pilates when my son goes down for his nap.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday all!

Yesterday I had a random mix of food, but was pretty good over all (mainly becuase I was so busy I didn''t have time to really eat until dinner, LOL). The HH made grilled salmon with rosemary, asparagus with lemon and shaved parmessean, and a wonderful salad with little goat cheese smeared baguette crisps. Yum!

Icekid, thank you for the "diagnosis"! Actually, it sounds the closest to anything that''s wrong with me based on the symptoms. Hopefully it can be confirmed and then I''ll just take some anti-inflamatories (more than just a week of Aleve... ) and wait for it to heal.

I do miss the working out part of my routine right now. Some evenings I get home and I''m like, uh, OK, what now? Yesterday I got up at about 8:30, got ready and then ended up taking a nap on the couch from 10:00-11:00 becuase my open house didn''t start until 1:00 and I was all ready with everything else that I needed for the day. I wasn''t even tired, I was just bored -- truly, it would have been more productive time spend at the gym!

Lately I''ve been having Natural Ovens onion grain bagels for breakfast but I think I need to move on from them. They are about 300 cals with fat free cream cheese and I''m hungry again long before lunch...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 10:25:55 AM
Author: Skippy123
Good Morning
9.gif

Kimberly are you going for a visit or moving already to Chicago? EXCITING!!! Hey Ellen! Lorelei, I am sorry; glad you are taking care of yourself.

I am happy to start a new week. I will be doing Step Aerobics tonight. I am going to try and eat better; I have been so bad. I think it all started when it was my last week of work before I started studying because everyone wanted to take me to lunch and now I sort of got use to eating more. Hopefully I can tone it down now. Plus being home to all day food access is kind of hard. Crossing my fingers and toes I can do it!

I think this place is going to give me great strength in being accountable! Thanks all
35.gif
Mmmhmmm. I didn't say anything about the cheetos for brekkie. THEN I saw you were on your 3rd, or was it 4th piece of pie in the WF thread.... I almost ordered you back in here, but bit my tongue.
9.gif
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 10:38:16 AM
Author: Mara
miss skippy you have to check in with us for us to holy you accountable, you know that right? hehee. whenever i have something really bad for me greg is always like ''you know you have to go online and write that you ate that !!!!'' hahaha. most of the time i do.
5.gif

Mara that had me laughing hard; Greg is too cute!!! You are very precious
9.gif

Gosh Ellen, I didn''t know you were going to rat me out. LOL
2.gif

Thanks guys!!! Okay, for sure I want to do go; I love all the support.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hey Skippy...not moving yet. John had the opportunity to visit Chicago in March for business purposes. He spent some time looking at different neighborhoods and has narrowed it down to a few locations that he thinks we would be happy living, but since I didn''t go he wants me to visit the city with him and view it from the perpsective of a place to live, as opposed to a great vacation spot. We aren''t ready to start house hunting yet, but we have visited the MLS and found some homes that fit our wants and needs so we''re going to take a long walk one day and get a feel for the neighborhoods, etc. and see if we''re in agreement about where we would focus our search. We''ve got some other fun things planned as well. My district is on spring break, so it''s a great time for us to get away. We''re thinking we will move towards the end of the summer, late July/early August. He still can''t bring himself to say "we''re moving" it''s "if" this and "if" that. Too funny.

Thanks, Mara, it should be a great trip. We have lots of fun things planned, and lots of free time to just hang out. John came into my office yesterday with the mail and presented me with my new Macy''s card (the old one expired) and proclaimed "It arrived just in time!" He''s so sweet, he cut out the coupons that came along with it and put them in his wallet to bring along so I can go shopping.

I will not be feeling guilt about what I eat while we''re there. I''m giving myself a free pass to eat what I please, we have dinner reservations for 3 of the 4 nights we''re there and I''m really looking forward to them all for different reasons! We only eat 2 meals a day when we vacation, a later lunch and then dinner and a bit of a snack in between, so that helps the calorie intake. And I typically eat oatmeal and some wheat toast for breakfast and then I splurge at dinner. I''ve been so disciplined since January, and I think it''s time for a bit of a splurge.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday everyone!

Well, I thought I struck gold this weekend when my new Safeway store had an organic frozen aisle that I just KNEW would have Vitalicious brownies in them. And lo and behold, they did. So I bought 3 boxes. Then I got home and had one. Nuked it for 25 seconds and took a bite.
40.gif
The texture on the Vitalicious brownies is superior to the No Pudge in my opinion, but the taste of the No Pudge far surpasses the Vitalicious. Maybe I needed to dress it up or something but all I could taste was wheat grain! Hardly any chocolate flavor. I was disappointed because I really wanted to like them. Oh well - I'm sticking with No Pudge. I returned the 2 unopened boxes of Vitalicious and got 2 boxes of No Pudge Raspberry mix instead.
5.gif
(But if anyone has tips on Vitalicious 'dress ups' let me know, cuz I've still got 3 brownies in the freezer!!)

I have been really good with the eating but not the exercising since we moved. The treadmill is in the garage while we're trying to unpack the house. I need to try and take some walks during the day or when I get home. I really hope it's true - what you guys were saying about weight loss being 90% what you eat and 10% how much you move - because I have never found that to be the case for me unfortunately. I seriously have to work out a really decent amount to see results. So even though I've not been putting junk in my mouth I feel like I'm desperately clinging to the wagon instead of having fallen off it.

I agree with Mara that sometimes we are harder on ourselves than other people would be. One thing to remember is that one bad meal won't derail you just like one good workout won't fix everything. So try to remember that a mistake here or there does not condemn you to failure! Just tell yourself that tomorrow is another day to get it right.
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone, I''ve decided it would be a good idea for me to join this thread!! Fi and I had houseguests over for a week and we ended up going out to eat a lot and drinking quite a bit. Then, I was sick for a few days and didn''t eat well or exercise. So, it''s time to get back into shape and start eating better so I''ll be back on track and looking good for the wedding.

I''ll let you know how it goes later today. I hope to go for a 20 minute run or so.

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 10:56:53 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Hey Skippy...not moving yet. John had the opportunity to visit Chicago in March for business purposes. He spent some time looking at different neighborhoods and has narrowed it down to a few locations that he thinks we would be happy living, but since I didn''t go he wants me to visit the city with him and view it from the perpsective of a place to live, as opposed to a great vacation spot. We aren''t ready to start house hunting yet, but we have visited the MLS and found some homes that fit our wants and needs so we''re going to take a long walk one day and get a feel for the neighborhoods, etc. and see if we''re in agreement about where we would focus our search. We''ve got some other fun things planned as well. My district is on spring break, so it''s a great time for us to get away. We''re thinking we will move towards the end of the summer, late July/early August. He still can''t bring himself to say ''we''re moving'' it''s ''if'' this and ''if'' that. Too funny.
Kimberly, if you like to visit Chicago, then you''ll most certainly love living there! I lived in Chicago for several years and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it! In most neighborhoods, you''re walking distance to so many things! The grocery store, pharmacy, restaurants, shops, etc. Only downside is the crazy wind in the winter! It gets really, super cold! If you guys do decide to move there, check out www.chireader.com. It''s the website for the local city paper (which you can get for free on almost every corner in the city). It''s the best place to look for a place to live - whether you go with a rental or if you decide to buy. Also, if you did decide to rent, go to Apartment People (I think they have a website?? apartmentpeople.com??) but they''re on Halstead near Belmont (I think), and they have the largest selections in the city - I have never been disappointed. Also, if you have questions about neighborhoods, safety, etc, let me know. Have a super fun trip!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 4:30:00 PM
Author: Becky P

Date: 4/16/2007 10:56:53 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Hey Skippy...not moving yet. John had the opportunity to visit Chicago in March for business purposes. He spent some time looking at different neighborhoods and has narrowed it down to a few locations that he thinks we would be happy living, but since I didn''t go he wants me to visit the city with him and view it from the perpsective of a place to live, as opposed to a great vacation spot. We aren''t ready to start house hunting yet, but we have visited the MLS and found some homes that fit our wants and needs so we''re going to take a long walk one day and get a feel for the neighborhoods, etc. and see if we''re in agreement about where we would focus our search. We''ve got some other fun things planned as well. My district is on spring break, so it''s a great time for us to get away. We''re thinking we will move towards the end of the summer, late July/early August. He still can''t bring himself to say ''we''re moving'' it''s ''if'' this and ''if'' that. Too funny.
Kimberly, if you like to visit Chicago, then you''ll most certainly love living there! I lived in Chicago for several years and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it! In most neighborhoods, you''re walking distance to so many things! The grocery store, pharmacy, restaurants, shops, etc. Only downside is the crazy wind in the winter! It gets really, super cold! If you guys do decide to move there, check out www.chireader.com. It''s the website for the local city paper (which you can get for free on almost every corner in the city). It''s the best place to look for a place to live - whether you go with a rental or if you decide to buy. Also, if you did decide to rent, go to Apartment People (I think they have a website?? apartmentpeople.com??) but they''re on Halstead near Belmont (I think), and they have the largest selections in the city - I have never been disappointed. Also, if you have questions about neighborhoods, safety, etc, let me know. Have a super fun trip!
Hey Becky,

Thanks for the tips and advice. We''ll definitely be buying and have narrowed it down to the community of Lakeview, I just have to see it again, with the perspective that it will be home. I started a thread in FH&H about moving, we''re 99.9% sure it''s gonig to happen. We visit at least 3 times a year and are really excited about the prospect. I''ll return with a full report on Sunday!

~K

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh - forgot to mention! I went to BBB this weekend and got a good kitchen scale. I almost got the 29.99 one I am assuming you picked up Mara. But I had a 20% off coupon so I went for the 39.99 model with the glass tray, which worked out to $32 + tax. I love it! It was so nice this morning to weigh out the 1 oz of turkey breast for my sammie instead of guessing how many slices it was or what portion of the package 1 oz was. Love it!!!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a kitchen scale too that does kg and grams. It helps me not cheat. Okay, I thought I would write that I am going to the step aerobics since I don''t want to chicken out.
14.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ooooooh I want a kitchen scale too! I think meats and stuff are the worst- I can never be quite sure exactly how much the serving size is. I should have asked for one for my birthday, which is today incidentally
9.gif
the big 26 hehe. time flies. But! I did get a reeeeally gorgeous strand of pearls that I am planning to wear to our wedding this summer. I just HAPPENED to leave the webpage open to exactly what I wanted at least 10 times. My boy needs lot of hints.

anyway, on that note- I decided to take today off from working out for my birthday after three one hour cardio days in a row. so I am getting some serious relaxation in tonight, watching the hockey game with Scott. I''ve had a pretty light cal day, following a bday splurge yesterday but am planning a little bit of the slow churned ice cream for tonight. it is my birthday afterall!

DJ- any improvement on the chest pain?

Kimberley- so excited for you w/ your Chi-town trip! I loooove Chicago too- I bet you guys are going to be thrilled with the move there. so much to see and do. ohhhhhhh and the shopping. How adorable that your hubby got your new cc ready to go.

everyone else in the NE having a terribly cold and windy Monday? yuck.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay for new kitchen scales! hehe. i do like playing around with mine and having it measure things for me sometimes. ala this morning with the jumbo waffles! lol skippy re: the accountability...! welcome to the group kcourselle! happy birthday icekid!!

so today i have been in meetings in and out all day...we have so many meetings but it is all really interesting and i love even just listening in and continuing to absorb what i can. today for a lunch meeting, the organizer brought pizza and i brought my spaghetti and meatball LC. i was so proud of myself for not giving in though they did get Round Table thin crust artisan which is pretty healthy for pizza (i think 200 cals each slice) but i figured i would just stick with the original plan. she also brought these chocolates and i had 1/2 of one but that was it, hehee. and there was a whole box there yikes. after the meetings let out for the morning i went for a 1m brisk walk outside in the sun, it was great to take a break and get a few minutes of sun!

for snacks i had south beach PB cookies (100 cals for 2 and 4g fiber! and they were yummy!!) and now am having a PB fiber one bar.

after work i am walking over to my mom's to pick up P and then walking back..so it's about 3m total. so that coupled with my 1m earlier walk will be 4m for today, yay. for dinner tonite we are having my leftover mushroom fusilli along with baked tortilla crusted tilapia and a salad with strawberries, lf bleu cheese and raspberry balsamic, mmm!

FG...i don't eat the brownies or vitalicious stuff plain, i always make a brownie sundae or parfait kinda thing and either put ice cream or gelato on top with whipped cream or something like ff sf pudding and whipped cream or something. i don't even know what they taste like plain?! in terms of the no pudge, yeah i really like those too except that i like that the vitalicious have so much fiber and the no pudge bsaically have no nutritional value, so i'm more into the vitalicous items because...chocolatey dessert that packs fiber? count me in!
3.gif
plus i like the brownie sundae vibe since i am basically never having one at a restaurant EVER AGAIN after noticing they pack like 900 cals into them. hehe.

anyway hope everyone is having a great monday!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ICEKID!!!!
emotion-19.gif
I love pearls! We''re looking forward to moving, but we''re leaving a wonderful city (a suburb of beautiful San Diego) so it will be an interesting adjustment (a coat? what''s that??)

So I burned 500 calories today and have been eating really good, as usual. Tonight John is making pesto pasta for dinner. I''m not packed yet, grrr! But I''m trying to get through as much school work as possible so I have more time to play while we''re in Chicago.

Hope everyone is surviving Monday.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday Icekid! I bet your pearls are just beautiful!!! Maybe you can leave this linky open on the computer for an extra scale birthday present! Hahahah. I do love the new scale though.

Mara I will have to try dressing up the vitabrownies now that I know people don''t eat them plain. I was sort of shell shocked because the no pudge taste like chocolate and can be eaten plain. The fiber in the vitalicious is definitely a plus. We''ll see how it goes once I douse them in ff whipped cream and some choc sauce.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG i have yet to try the other ones, like i have PB vitatops at home which are chocolate with PB chips in them. I would imagine those would be yummy? But I am a weirdo also in that i LOVE the taste of bran in my stuff. so I might even like them plain lol. I think someone else here said that they didn''t like the brownies plain either...now I want to try them plain!! But yeah a little ice cream and some SF choco syrup and FF whip does go a long way in livening things up i think!! and you have to micro the brownie to get it all nice and hot then put the ice cream on!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimberly, I''m not sure when you''re leaving for Chicago, but I hope you and John have a wonderful time there and find the spot that will ultimately house your hearts!!

Nothing significant to report today. I met Charlie for lunch at the mall we ate at for like 12 years, which was kind of weird to be back there as if nothing ever changed. Only I don''t have a job to return to after lunch like Charlie does. I heard my old company and they said they would love to bring me back, but just can''t at this time due to budget issues. They said they would likely be contacting me in December, but I have to find something way before then. So, the job hunt begins in earnest. I had hoped to avoid it, but I''ll take my time and won''t consider relocation at all.

It was just a beautiful day in Tampa. The temps around 70, not a cloud in the sky and absolutely no humidity. It was breezy and just perfect for a run, so I had a nice run this afternoon. I was super happy to be running on Bayshore again after all these months. And I was really pleased at how easy I found the run after all this time too. Aerobically, I''ve made good progress, but like all muscles, my legs got tired after 3 miles, so I decided to not push it further. Friday, I plan to run again and should be able to run no less than 4 miles and then work my way up to between 6 and 8 miles after that. Of course, tomorrow being Tuesday means it''s a gym day for the next three days. That''s why I won''t run again until Friday, and it will also give my legs a little break to become accustomed to running again. Still, it was mighty nice to found it such an easy thing to run 3 miles and I wasn''t breathing hard at all.

Then, I met Charlie at our second favorite Sushi place in Tampa (Sushi SoHo), which is just terrific. It should be as the owner of this place is the son of the owner of our favorite Sushi place (Yoko''s), so she taught her son quite well and the sushi in both places quite similar.

Lorelei, I''m glad working out has provided some comfort to you at this time. Like you said, it''s just amazing what fitness can do for one not just physically, but emotionally as well. Thank as alwasy for getting this wee''s thread off to a good start!!

Skippy, on the accountable issue, like Mara said, if you eat badly, you have to report it here. We''re all about accountability on this thread. And when we over indulge, which happens to the best of us, we usually tell each other what our bad selves ate or drank. So, don''t beat yourself up, but know we''ll be here to listen and offer support if you do bad things!!! LOL

Take care everyone and have a great evening!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, thanks for the support. I will write all the bad things I eat. eeek. I am glad you are loving Tampa. A friend of mine has a house on Ana Maria Island and goes back and forth between her house here and there. It sounds beautiful out there.

I did pretty good today. I like black bean soup and it is very filling so I ate that for lunch. Mara, had me wanting the waffles so I went to my WF and bought them. Mara are the Kashi Blueberry waffles good? I bought the ones you like. Way to go Mara on watching what you eat while pizza is around! That is awesome (I probably would of caved) so that is quite the accomplishment. Glad you are liking work.

Happy birthday Icekid!!! Pearls; yummy
9.gif

Hey FG, NY Sparkle and KimberlyH! I love Pesto, yum; what a sweet man cooking for you.

I did 1 hr high intensity step aerobics. I love it when I go back to the gym; I have gym friends and when I see them it feels good to be there because they are so welcoming
9.gif

We are eating grilled leftover chicken breast and lean burgers! Happy Monday. See you tomrrow
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the kind wishes, Rod. The more real this becomes the more excited I am!

DeeJay...are you okay??? You''ve been MIA and I''m a bit concerned!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday Icekid! And I certainly hope there are pics of those pearls to be found on here somewhere!
2.gif

Sorry for causing any conern Kimberly by being MIA. I've actually been pretty good foodwise these past few days but I feel like an "imposter" posting on the WORKOUT thread since I can't exactly work out... Hopefully within a few days this will all be resolved because I'm very motivated right now. And I'm back to the "no pants that fit me problem" because the few pairs that I bought a few weeks are are now having baggy-butt so I've go to get down a few more pounds so I can wear some clothes other than my two work skirts and the pants from J Jill in the flowy stretchy fabric. BTW, I can't wait 'till you're in Chicago for real and we can have a GTG!

Rod, glad to hear you're enjoying being home!

Skippy, look at it like this, if I can confess my peanut butter egg debacle you can own up to whatever bad things you might do. Trust me, you'll feel better afterwards.

Welcome Kcoursolle!

Mara, are you still loving your new job?

So tonight I went to dinner with one of my girlfriends. The grilled swordfish and asparagus were very good, but then that oreo ice cream sandwich came along...
6.gif

And here is a truly stupid question but have any of you gals ever had a stress test, and if so could you wear a sports bra? I can't imagine running on a treadmill without a sports bra but the two people in my office who have had one said they make you lie down on a table and do an ultrasound right away after stopping and they couldn't couldn't do that with a sports bra on. Seriously, I can't go running with the girls flopping all over the place--I might do myself some serious c-cup harm. Any insight here will be much appreciated.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - I am so sorry about your loss. I can''t even imagine the pain of losing such a special member of your family. I am so moved by your inspiration in trying to get through this and keep a healthy lifestyle for yourself.

Kim - that trip/move sounds so exciting!! I can''t wait to hear how it goes for you guys.

Icekid - happy B-day, and I LOVE pearls - you should post pics!! I have a lovely strand that were given to my mother when she was in high school (by my grandparents who I never met), and I''m always surprised by how versatile and classic they are.

Rod - I''ve so enjoyed reading about your move back to Tampa. It sounds like you guys are in such a wonderful place and you are really savoring every moment of it. I know my DH and I have been having lots of conversations recently about trying to enjoy where we are in life now and live in the moment more, and your posts are definitely inspirational in helping me stay in that mindset! I''ll keep my fingers crossed for your job search!

So, I''ve been a little spotty about posting and I apologize. My hip is a little better but still pretty sore - I did get in two slightly lighter (still an hour+ of cardio but a lower level) workouts last week and I did one today and will do one tomorrow. I did my weigh-in early this week and I''m happy to report I''m down another 2 lbs for a total of 29 lbs since January
36.gif
9.gif

I also need to ask for some PS good thoughts for tomorrow - I''m getting my wisdom teeth out in the afternoon, and I''m completely terrified. Its so silly, because I''m not at all wimpy about pain, but something about someone doing that in my mouth just really makes me freaked out. Plus I''m afraid I won''t be able to keep my willpower and resolve since I''m sure I''ll be feeling sorry for myself afterwards, and my options are a bit limited for food choices. But I''ll keep trying to remember that a day or two off won''t kill me, I just have to get right back on the wagon as soon as possible, and maybe I''ll be feeling so unwell that I won''t have an appetite...Anyway, I know this isn''t really a big deal in the scheme of things, but if you all could send your good thoughts my way for a straightforward procedure and a quick recovery, I''d really appreciate it.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi! Sorry I have been MIA a while, things have been crazy busy. I''ve been good with eating, and had some great workouts last weekend too. I did enjoy some fabulous cake at the shower on saturday but ate really well otherwise. I realized that when I eat a more substantial lunch, like today, I can eat a really light dinner. I should try an do that more. Today I was so exhausted that I just did not want to get out of my car to go into the gym so I took a little nap there in the parking lot. Then I went in and ran 4 mi on the treadmill. It was great! I also treated myself to a pedi today in my new favorite color, I''m not really a waitress red (OPI). I needed a little pick me up!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 9:54:05 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Happy birthday Icekid! And I certainly hope there are pics of those pearls to be found on here somewhere!
2.gif

Sorry for causing any conern Kimberly by being MIA. I''ve actually been pretty good foodwise these past few days but I feel like an ''imposter'' posting on the WORKOUT thread since I can''t exactly work out... Hopefully within a few days this will all be resolved because I''m very motivated right now. And I''m back to the ''no pants that fit me problem'' because the few pairs that I bought a few weeks are are now having baggy-butt so I''ve go to get down a few more pounds so I can wear some clothes other than my two work skirts and the pants from J Jill in the flowy stretchy fabric. BTW, I can''t wait ''till you''re in Chicago for real and we can have a GTG!

Rod, glad to hear you''re enjoying being home!

Skippy, look at it like this, if I can confess my peanut butter egg debacle you can own up to whatever bad things you might do. Trust me, you''ll feel better afterwards.

Welcome Kcoursolle!

Mara, are you still loving your new job?

So tonight I went to dinner with one of my girlfriends. The grilled swordfish and asparagus were very good, but then that oreo ice cream sandwich came along...
6.gif

And here is a truly stupid question but have any of you gals ever had a stress test, and if so could you wear a sports bra? I can''t imagine running on a treadmill without a sports bra but the two people in my office who have had one said they make you lie down on a table and do an ultrasound right away after stopping and they couldn''t couldn''t do that with a sports bra on. Seriously, I can''t go running with the girls flopping all over the place--I might do myself some serious c-cup harm. Any insight here will be much appreciated.
Don''t apologize to me, friend! Glad you''re doing fine and here''s to baggy butt!!
emcocktl.gif

I don''t know enough about stress tests to answer your ??? Could you call you MD office in the morning and find out?

We''ll definitely be having a GTG shortly after we move!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just checking in. Hi everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results