shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 11th June till 17th June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all
35.gif

Yes Rod and Kim, you were right - Miss Jasmine is keeping me plenty busy, she has settled into her new home very well so I should be around a bit more now!

I have managed some workouts last week however, I miss them if I can't fit them in, exercise really can become an important part of your life, which I NEVER thought would be the case for me!

As a child, I was never one of the agile kids who could climb ropes, vault over *wooden*horses, run fast etc. I was never picked for team sports as I wasn't very good at anything to do with sports ( in the classroom I could more than hold my own TG) This over time hurt and made me feel that exercise was something to be scared of, something I could never do. This carried on into adulthood and through my years of trying to be perfect weightwise, and making myself miserable trying to keep to my unrealistic goals etc. Until the penny dropped that one thing I could do was walk, and with that and a road or a treadmill, I had everything I needed to exercise and get the benefits like anyone else. I didn't have to run or jump or vault, a good walk was just as effective and probably safer. I quickly began to see that this was indeed true, which motivated me to do even more. Now when my schooldays are a distant memory, I am pleased to think that I have conquered this old demon and that I am in healthy shape now. The clumsy plump kid is now a slim and healthy woman who kicked her old fears in the butt!
16.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you are enjoying your new horse, Lorelei!

I have been very bad this week. I have to go and weigh in -- face the music tonight.

This week I plan to write everything I eat down and drink my water and get on the treadmill every other day! I will, I will, I will.

Hope you have a great day everyone!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning all!

Lorelei, you know I hear you on your post this morning. Thank heavens for treadmills.
9.gif
2.gif

(where''s the pics?
11.gif
)

Well, I managed to come away from my weekend at least where I started, and quite possibly a bit less. It will take a day or so to get rid of the water weight, which bad carbs will put on me. With ALL the walking I did, I would imagine I worked off what I ate and then some. And really, the worst eating happened on the train ride home. So I am happy.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday morning all!

Lorelei, I'm glad to hear that Jasmine is doing well! Looking forward to pics whenever you have time!

This weekend I was really pretty good foodwise until last nights dinner... We went to a French place out in the 'burbs and I ordered what I thought was a good choice (grilled salmon with orzo and spinach) but it came swimming in lemon butter sauce. There was no way around it. And I can only imagine how much cream there must have been holding that lemon and butter together.
6.gif
Oh well, I enjoyed it immensely.

I did 65 minutes on the treamill yesterday using 10 minute intervals of the incline at 15 and at 5 so It was a pretty good workout. The tendon (at least I think it's a tendon) in the back of my left knee is pretty sore though, which was also the case the last time I did a long treadmill workout with high incline, so I'm going to take today off. One thing though is that I often have to hold on for the sake of balance when I have the incline at 15; otherwise I am all hunched over. I either hold on to the heartrate monitor (and my heartrate is in the 170s when I'm doing this so I'm thinking that holding is ins't a *bad* thing because I certainly seem to be getting a workout) or I "hold on" with just one finger on each hand on the top of the monitor screen, simply because it makes me stand up straighter, but I don't think I'm cheating (much) by doing that. Does anyone else have problems like this with the treadmill on a high incline?

Monnie, I saw a cicada last night! We went to The Great Indoors in Lombard to get a light fixture for our bathroom and there was one on the little grassy median in the parking area so I had to check it ou. NASTY looking things--YUCK!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still working on pics - the weather has been cr-p and I want some sun in them to show off her glossy coat! She is such a baby ( although a big one at almost 16 hands!) and she loves to please! She has been as good as gold and we have bonded with her so easily. Jasmine also loves LifeSaver sweeties and my bad Hubby keeps sneaking them to her! At least she has minty fresh breath!

Also when I read these cicada posts, I am glad I live here and we don't have 'em- oh yuck!
32.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
p.s. I forgot to say, I had two people tell me this weekend I didn''t have a butt anymore. Yay!! I DO, but it''s not near as big anymore.
5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you El with people noticing the results of all your hard work!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 9:50:25 AM
Author: Lorelei
Still working on pics - the weather has been cr-p and I want some sun in them to show off her glossy coat! She is such a baby ( although a big one at almost 16 hands!) and she loves to please! She has been as good as gold and we have bonded with her so easily. Jasmine also loves LifeSaver sweeties and my bad Hubby keeps sneaking them to her! At least she has minty fresh breath!

Also when I read these cicada posts, I am glad I live here and we don''t have ''em- oh yuck!
32.gif
OK, will wait for pics. And I''m so glad she''s a good girl, and happy in her new home!
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 9:52:00 AM
Author: Lorelei
Good for you El with people noticing the results of all your hard work!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Tanks.
5.gif

It WAS nice to have people notice.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am grateful she is a good girl as being a Thoroughbred and rather large, I wouldn''t fancy being too close if she started acting up!!!

* welcome* for compliments - you deserve them!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loved your opening Lorelei. You described my childhood to a "T!" I was a fat kid. I couldn''t run. I couldn''t climb a rope. I couldn''t catch a ball, nor hit one. In Phys Ed, I was NEVER chosen for a team until every other kid had been chosen and they had no other choice but to pick me. If we played baseball, I was relegated to the furthest one could be and still be considered ''in'' the game. I took this karma with me through my teen and adult years believing that physically, there was no hope for me whatsover. Well, how wrong could I have been. I know now I am capable of anything physically and in many ways it saddens to recognize how much of my life I wasted. Of course it''s never too late to be healthy and I am making up for as much lost time as possible.

Thanks again for the inspirational week opener. So glad Jasmine is adjusting so well!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2007 10:20:12 AM
Author: Rod
Loved your opening Lorelei. You described my childhood to a ''T!'' I was a fat kid. I couldn''t run. I couldn''t climb a rope. I couldn''t catch a ball, nor hit one. In Phys Ed, I was NEVER chosen for a team until every other kid had been chosen and they had no other choice but to pick me. If we played baseball, I was relegated to the furthest one could be and still be considered ''in'' the game. I took this karma with me through my teen and adult years believing that physically, there was no hope for me whatsover. Well, how wrong could I have been. I know now I am capable of anything physically and in many ways it saddens to recognize how much of my life I wasted. Of course it''s never too late to be healthy and I am making up for as much lost time as possible.

Thanks again for the inspirational week opener. So glad Jasmine is adjusting so well!!
Thanks Rod and it is eerie how you described your experiences, exactly the same as mine...You do carry that stuff with you and the irony is, that we have used this stuff in a positive way and are now possibly in better shape now than the fit kids are in adulthood.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee, I wasn''t the last kid picked for teams in school, but definitely not the first! And people used to really question me on why I didn''t play basketball or wasn''t very good at it, because where I came from if you were tall and female, you had better be playing basketball or height was wasted on you.
20.gif
Anyway, I''ve always been pretty middle-of-the-road when it comes to fitness and athletics, I really prefer low-impact exercise and that''s served me well so far in life as I''m pretty healthy and in average shape.

DeeJay, see what I mean, those things are dreadful--every other time I went outside this weekend I was dodging them, they are still abundant where we live. It makes me almost wish we lived in one of those brand new subdivisions where they''ve bulldozed cornfields and there are no trees, LOL!

My boss is on vacation for the next two weeks, which makes me rather happy because she''s a bit of a hard a$$ and sometimes I feel like she''s breathing down my neck when she''s feeling the heat from above, so to speak. So I''m looking forward to a more relaxed atmosphere at work and hopefully that will carry over into the rest of my life.

I''m thinking about joining a new gym that''s pretty close to our house but far enough to have to drive. It''s only $19.99 a month and you don''t have to sign any contracts, you''re just on a month-to-month membership. It''s not the grandest of facilities, but they have ellipticals, treadmills, etc. and free weights, so I am interested enough to at least go take a tour and make sure it at least looks clean, lol. So checking that out and getting our bikes out and serviced are my goals for the week besides keeping my calorie intake at 1200-1300 a day.

Lorelei...can''t wait to see pics of Jasmine...you''re really keeping us in suspense here!
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Gail, good luck making the right career decision for you, I can imagine it will be quite difficult to choose!

Rod, you can be sure of that. I ended up waking up at 12:30 last night and was wide awake, spent about an hour staring at the ceiling and not going back to sleep, so I went into the spare bedroom and red until 4am and then slept there. I''m sure he was thrilled to have the bed all to himself, although he''d never say it to my face. And I won''t be home tonight so that''s 2 nights in a row. YAY for him!

Lorelei, from one "last picked" to another, great opening. I''m a hopeless klutz, so team sports has never been for me, although I always wished it was. Can''t wait to see pictures of the girl! So glad she''s doing so well.

So I''ll get a workout in this morning, pack up and then I''m off to my parents for a 1 night. Can''t wait to suprise my dad and see my sweet nephew. I haven''t since March and I can only imagine how he''s grown. He''s swimming at 18 months, pretty fantastic!

Food will be off for the next few days, but I seem to have maintained really well vacations and all. The scale continues to stick between 124-125.4 on a regular basis, yippee!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - what a wonderful opener. I, like you and Rod (and Kim), had the exact same experience of always being the last picked (meaning the gym teacher had to force me onto someone''s team) in school sports. I was wildly unpopular - being both the fat kid and the smart kid at a school full of privileged athletic blonds (where you''re with the same people from kindergarten through 8th grade) is not a good place to be.

Thank you Lorelei for an inspirational start to the week, as always. I can''t wait to see pictures of the lovely Jasmine - she sounds just wonderful!
30.gif

Mara - your description at the end of the week last week of going up to Napa made me so excited for our upcoming anniversary trip. We are going up to Northern wine country (Anderson valley) for 3 days and then to Sonoma for 2. We leave July 8, and I am SO EXCITED - your description just made me even more antsy for it to be time for that trip!! I can''t wait to see pictures from the wedding.

I had a reasonable weekend, although the DH and I did indulge a little bit on Saturday night. We went out and got some really good local cheese and fresh bread and cracked open a bottle of nice champagne and had some lovely fresh fruit and salad from the Farmer''s Market. We also indulged in a special dessert - some vanilla butter cake
23.gif
with fresh berries and whipped cream. Fortunately the cake was in pre-made slices that were only 190 cals a piece, so between that and having a light day otherwise I still only ended my "indulgence" day at 1470 cals, which isn''t too horrible. But now I''m off to the gym to try to atone for it
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!!

glad my napa description whetted some appetites and got some people interested in visiting, it's particularly pretty right now up here. it could be warmer where we are but up in napa the temperatures were amazing this weekend!

AG we have never stayed in sonoma which is so funny considering we have been up to mendo 3x and napa about 3-4x in the last 5 years or so...we drove through dt sonoma and said oh we have to come here next! my parents love sonoma but somehow we just never really thought about going up there. so we were saying maybe in fall we'd come up for a wkd and do a spa/shopping/dining weekend in dt sonoma and surrounding areas. maybe i should make a french laundry ressie NOW for september? lol. we never really planned this far ahead before for a wine country trip...so maybe i should take advantage of it!

so last nite we ended up walking over to the creole bistro near us. i had a big salad with blue cheese, pecans, apples and mixed greens with balsamic and we shared a piece of cornbread with butter, cornmeal flash fried shrimp with remoulade, and a small cup of red beans and rice. greg had his typical catfish po boy sandwich. then we came home and had a little more of the cookies we got in napa and watched the series finale of the sopranos. there are about 1/3 of each cookie left at this point and i was tempted to just toss them because as of last nite i was pretty much 'over' them after indulging all day...but greg said he'd eat them tonite, so hopefully i can just have a little taste and then he can have the rest and then they'll be GONE.

it's funny because sometimes i think my 'perception' of things that i eat in terms of volume is more than it really is. like for the wedding i thought gosh i ate a ton of dinner but i really didn't. and then yesterday i was thinking gosh i was so bad today, but in reality i wasn't THAT bad. sure i had a lot of sweets yesterday but volume wise it was not like i packed in 20 cookies. i think this misperception helps me though because i might eat more if i thought i was eating less, if that makes sense!! it's kind of like when you have a massive salad, it's mostly lettuce and greens but it seems so huge because of the volume and how long it takes you to eat it. mentally i think it seems like 'more'.

anyhow, today i am back on my game...fage, fiber one, and berries for breakkie, will have light n'fit for snack and TJ burrito for lunch. i might walk over to whole foods to get some fresh fruit, i didn't get to TJ's this wkd but we do have some frozen goodies at home, aka TJ's chicken fajitas and we have la tortilla factory whole wheat tortillas in the fridge so i will probably make us fajitas tonite for a quick and easy dinner. then visit TJ's at some point tonite or tomorrow to stock up for the week. our freezer is PACKED and greg has commanded that i start cleaning it out aka having us eat more of what i have stashed in there. i am a freezer hoarder and half the time i forget most of the stuff in there. it's like shopping all over again. i know we also have some bay shrimp stuffed salmon from TJ's and gnocchi from TJ's and some frozen veggies and crab cakes, a few various sorbets and ice creams, vitalicious, some frozen meals, and who knows what else!?

tonight is a gym workout...funny but i didn't work out yesterday but my legs were really sore. greg says from all the dancing. but it will feel good to get back into the gym today and burn some cals and sweat a little.

also yesterday we went to the MINI dealership to check out what they have and talk with them about getting a new car. we spent an hour+ with the representative and test drove one...i am trying to figure out exactly what i want to do. i have wanted one for a while, my friend just got hers, and my car is up for smog which prompted me to think about finally getting a new car (greg doesn't want to do the work on the old car to get it up to strict CA smog standards if we are just going to get rid of it in the next 3 months so we decided to just get around to finally looking into it). the problem is that if we order what i want, it will take 8-10 weeks depending on dealership because their special orders for MINIs are really up right now. if i took something off the lot i could have it immediately but the problem is that what i know i want is hard to find. so many of the lot ones are auto and i want a manual, and i want a few of the upgrade packages. so they really only have one anywhere in CA that fits all my criteria. it's not a color i particularly wanted but it's not a bad one (silver) either...and it has extra stuff i wouldn't get in mine if i ordered it (leather seats, sport suspension, hidef audio) but it's kind of nice to have that since i wouldn't order it. we drove it yesterday and greg LOVES it. problem is it's about 3-4k more than i wanted to spend and that can jack up the payment a fair amount. it's not about affording the extra in the payment, but more about a mental block of...i thought i was going to spend X but then now it's Y and it just seems like a lot! considering neither of us have had car payments in YEARS it's so hard for me to mentally think that i am going to be spending so much on a car. plus then i think well gosh if i am going to be spending that...why not get something a little nicer than a mini. but i really like the mini...it fits ALL my criteria for a new car and it's not super expensive. SO anyway as you can tell by my ramble i am confused...greg says just get this one we test drove...we could literally go in and get it anytime and drive off with it. but i want to be sure i am doing the 'right' thing. so i plan to check into a few more things today, aka what if i take off one of the packages i want, are there other local options to check into that might be $3-4k cheaper...etc. it's tough though because greg really liked the one we drove and he says we deserve it after not having new cars for so many years, hahaa. i know he has a valid point but since it'll be my car i'll be ponying up the dough and while in the scheme of things it is not a lot, it just seems like it. he said if i just cut out one clothes shopping trip a month it'd make up for the extra...lol. but i want BOTH clothes and new car. what's a girl to do??
3.gif

anyway enough rambling on the car situation, lol. hope everyone is having a fabulouso day!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all...everyone sounds like they are off to a great week. i''m maintaining and seem to have found some sort of way to do it. its been a wait and see what works technique, but i''ve been able to do it so far. i think maintaining is harder because once you''ve reached your goal weight you feel as if you can slack a bit, but then the weight seems to creep back and you go back and forth trying to see what works. for me portion control has helped maintain my weight. i also have limited--not cut out--my sweets. like my mom i have a very sweet tooth and LOVE all kinds of desserts
emangel.gif
. when i totally cut them out, i craved them and would binge on them. so now a little here and there keeps me happy.

i can''t wait to see pics of miss jasmine. her coat probably shines like an ACA.
21.gif

don''t worry lumpkin---you can ALWAYS go back to being and eating healthy...the scale is just a #, not a representative of who you are or how healthy you are. you can add up to 1,000 calories a day just by drinking sodas, coffee, and juices
32.gif
...stick to the water...0 calories. i cut out soda and juices a few years back and within a month lost 6 pounds by just doing that.

dee--that incline might be too high for you...the trainer at the gym (when i went) told me that i was overdoing it if i couldn''t stand straight and therefore wasn''t doing the best workout for my body. posture is very important when walking or jogging. she said to keep my abs tight and stand tall for a better workout.

yay kimberly for maintaining!!!! its harder for me to maintain than to take off the weight...i''m glad you found a balance. i finally have, but its something i''m constantly working on.

have a happy week!!!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Monarch, last week or the week before, you posted something about Morningstar black bean burgers. I tried them last week based on your recommendation, and YUM! Definitely a good thing to have on hand at all times -- so fast and yummy and healthy. I made them yesterday or lunch, and I was worried hubby wouldn''t like them ... but he ate two!

So yes, I second Monnie''s recommendation for them! (Though I must admit, I do like them with a side of potato chips
3.gif
)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
NYC, I haven''t adjusted much of anything to maintain...my body just basically decided it was done losing weight so I stopped strict calorie counting but estimate I am eating about 1500-1700 calories per day on average and it''s working so far so I''m going to stick to it. If I start to gain I''ll return to counting, but it''s something I prefer not to do so if I don''t have to I won''t.

Got in a 45 minute workout, now I need to pack and get on the road so I miss LA traffic (yuck!). Have a great afternoon, all. I probably won''t check in until Wednesday, I''m going to leave my laptop at home, no sense in bringing it for an overnight trip.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, if you like the car and it has options that would add enjoyment to your life, just GET IT. The $3K difference over the life of the loan won''t really make a huge difference. Just my thoughts, but then I''m a sucker for cars and usually just take one off the lot if they''re available when I''m ready. In the case of my new BMW, one can''t buy one off the lot anywhere, so ordering what I wanted was my only option.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
happy monday everyone! I am back on track following eating too much last weekend. Had a crazy long workout this morning - weight lifting class, abs class, and 30 min on the elliptical. I really don''t like the elliptical as well as some other cardio but since it''s so good on my joints I am trying to embrace it :)

Another goal I have for the week is cutting down on sugar. I think it is creeping in to my diet and causing me to crave it more. I plan to have a small serving of sherbert or fro yo if I want it after dinners and try to make that my only sugar for the day. I have these tiny bowls that are just perfect for one scoop of sherbert or fro yo; at about 100 cals it is a very satisfying dessert. I also LOVE the breyers light ice cream but it''s harder for me to keep the portion small. Just now I had some fresh blueberries and raspberries with a tiny scoop of FF vanilla fro yo which was SO good!!! One problem is I really hate the splenda aftertaste (noticeable in some splenda foods, not all) so I don''t even have a good sugar substitute - but I''ll see what I can do.

Mara I am a freezer hoarder too. When we moved I couldn''t believe some of the stuff I had forgotten about! I am trying to be better about it in the new house. My new freezer/fridge is a side by side and it''s much easier to see what i have and avoid buying duplicates. Also I used to shop at Costco but I haven''t been lately, so I don''t have giant bags of salmon and chicken taking up my freezer!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2007 1:08:58 PM
Author: phoenixgirl

I'm not sure if I'm measuring the right place for my hips . . . the hip bone, right? If I measure at the widest part around, that's my butt, and I'm pretty sure it would be called butt measurement then.

hey phoenix,

I thought i'd replied to your question in the other thread and didn't so i'm going to move it over here. I'm pretty sure though the hip measurement is supposed to be at the widest part of your hips, not the hipbone, so yes, it's a butt measurement too but that's the spot used.

so, I did my usual morning walk with zoe and then decided to hit the gym and do the elliptical today after a long break. it felt really good to be back on and I enjoyed listening to music on my new ipod shuffle hubby bought me. it's so tiny, about the size of a matchbook and so lightweight. I love it. it clips right on my shirt and I don't even know it's there. i took the girls swimming for a hour but it's very cloudy here today so they got cold and we decided to just come home.
i hope everyone has a happy monday!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2007 1:16:38 PM
Author: ellaila
Monarch, last week or the week before, you posted something about Morningstar black bean burgers. I tried them last week based on your recommendation, and YUM! Definitely a good thing to have on hand at all times -- so fast and yummy and healthy. I made them yesterday or lunch, and I was worried hubby wouldn''t like them ... but he ate two!

So yes, I second Monnie''s recommendation for them! (Though I must admit, I do like them with a side of potato chips
3.gif
)
Yup, they''re good, too bad there are only 4 in a box but I always get two boxes because usually they''re on sale at 2 for $6. TJ''s has a good tex mex one also, I think the brand is Dr. Praeger''s, although I know all TJ''s don''t get the same stock.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I'm with you (and many of the others) in terms of being picked last for games!

Monnie, seriously, that thing was HUGE and UGLY. Thank god they only come every 17 years--can you imagine if they showed up every summer?
32.gif

Kimberly, have a good time visiting your parents and nephew. And swimming at 18 months--WOW!

Amber, your cake sounds wonderful! Yum! And don't be hard on yourself. In terms of an "indulgence" to come in at only 1470 cals is VERY reasonable.

Mara, I LOVE minis! And I agree with Rod, a few thousand $$$ in the long run won't make a difference. Get what makes you happy!

NYC, that's a good point about the incline. I was experimenting a little yesterday and level 8 is about the highest I can go and still comfortable stand upright. You know me--always trying to overdo everything--maybe I need to ratchet it back a little and see if it helps.

Ellaila, here is the thing that has saved my life: Lays Fat Free Potato Chips. They are only 75 cals for about 20 chips (1 oz), which is actually quite a bit of chips. One caveat though, they are made with olestra (sp?), which has been known to cause some, shall we say, *rather unpleasant* side effects in some people, but I've fortunately never noticed a thing. You might want to give them a try and see if you like them.

Gail, too funny about finding things in your freezer when you moved! We were helping a friend move one time and we were amazed as she was pulling things out of the freezer. She was going to put the food in a cooler and move it, but we convinced her to give it to us (and we promptly threw it out). Can you say BIG SLABS of salmon? Meat that was old enough to vote? Things that were unidentifiable??? Fortunately we have a small freezer and don't really have room to hoard things, or I'm sure we would!

Mrs. S., I'm thinking about getting an ipod--which model did you get? And do you hold it or does it strap to your arm/wrist/other?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 3:35:58 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Mrs. S., I''m thinking about getting an ipod--which model did you get? And do you hold it or does it strap to your arm/wrist/other?

deejay, here''s the one I got, in the blue like this one b/c it''s my favorite color
9.gif
. this one''s runs about $80 and was perfect for me b/c all I really wanted it for was to work out. I didn''t need the screen to actually see the songs or be able to plug it in the the car. the nano is nice too if you want the added features but is a little bit bigger and runs about $150...

http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
sounds like everyone is off to a good start to the week! i had a pretty good weekend foodwise (the highlight was sunday brunch - cinnamon crepes from cooking light stuffed with sweetened fage and fresh apricots) averaging about 1350 calories per day. plus lots of horseback riding and hiking in the gorgeous weather we had here.

dj, i''m not mrs salvo, but i have an ipod shuffle for working out and i love it. it''s teeny tiny and has a built-in clip so you can clip it to your shorts or shirt.

morningstar black bean burgers are also my fave, yum.

tomorrow i am heading to dallas for work for the rest of the week.
emsad.gif
i am packing my workout clothes and will try to hit the gym once or twice while i am there, but we have a pretty tight schedule (7am-6pm, followed by dinners out...) and i''m not sure how feasible it will be. since we are starting so early in the morning, i''ve also measured out some baggies of kashi go lean for breakfast - i know that will start me out on a healthy path for the day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mrs. S. and Shortblonde!

Now for the real question: Is it complicated to get music onto it? I am technology deficient, so it it's too hard I can't do it... (and I would be too mortified to ask the HH to transfer music from my new Donny Osmond 70s Love Songs CD for me!
9.gif
)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 4:33:13 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Thanks Mrs. S. and Shortblonde!

Now for the real question: Is it complicated to get music onto it? I am technology deficient, so it it''s too hard I can''t do it... (and I would be too mortified to ask the HH to transfer music from my new Donny Osmond 70s Love Songs CD for me!
9.gif
)

you know, it''s very easy if you have a mac b/c you can just load the songs right out of your itunes. I''m not sure how they work for PC users but I''m sure it''s not too complicated. Do you have a way to load your cd''s onto your computer?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, whether you have a Mac or a PC, iTunes is simple. I bought the 2GB iPod Nano and I am a PC user. When you get the iPod, they give you the iTunes site information with the iPod and how to set up an account and you put in the serial number of your iPod and it''s really simple. I got mine when we were in Raleigh and all our CD''s were still in Tampa, so I just bought music directly from iTunes (again really simple to do) and when you plug the ethernet cable from your PC to your iPod, the iTunes site automatically updates and syncs with your iPod. Loading CD''s into iTunes is simple too and again, it just syncs with your iPod for easy music transfer. Actually, the ethernet cable supplied with your iPod is how you charge the iPod, so everytime I plug mine in, it automatically opens iTunes and syncs with my iPod to make sure everything is current and updated. Again, it''s quite simple.

Also, I wear mine on my arm and bought a sleeve holder at the Mac store when I bought the iPod.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, where is everyone??

Maybe Mara''s taking deliver of her cool new Mini?

Lorelei is asleep, so we know where she is.

But are the rest of you all busy working out at the gym??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results