shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thead 30th July till 5th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Nice and warm this morning--but not hot, so my walk will be easy. I plan to make scones for "breakfast" when I get home...mmmmm

Rod--enjoy you car! Sounds fab! I ate some of that very dark Coppenhuer chocolate and thought of you
Mara--you''ll be just getting home when we leave for PS; and enjoy your trip! It will be an eating (and drinking) extravanaganza for us too--I have my haunts.... and our hotel has a wonderful workout facility...
Skippy--hope the writing of your exam was not too troublesome
Marcyc--keep up the good work!

And for the rest of ya''ll--have a great day!

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary wishes Kimmy!!!

Have a great walk Sharon - THE SUN IS SHINING HERE - WOO HOO!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2007 12:10:54 PM
Author: Lorelei
- THE SUN IS SHINING HERE - WOO HOO!!!!
cheerleader1.gif
Yay, Lorelei and Hot Bod Rod

Rod, you are a nicer person then I am; I would have been like "I can't believe no one called me!" Glad you are so positive. The car sounds scrumptious
18.gif

Kimberly, how is the back? I hope better.

Jas, yum to the wonderful dinner!!! Wow, we. TRU sounds awesome! Don't be envious, come walkin w/me
2.gif

Sharon, yay for your nice walk and yummy scone!!!

I ate a great breakfast; I probably won't want lunch. It was good to see our friends.

There is this fun part of our town called Nob Hill w/really good restaurants and somewhere to walk around and meet up w/friends. We drove by it today and in noticed there was a sign for a Gelato place that just opened and to top it off I have been to the other sister site in Santa Fe and it is super yumo! I am so excited to meet up w/some friends for Gelato sometime. We used to have a gelato place but it closed because it was hidden and so whenever I was in Santa Fe hubby and I would make a special trip there but now we have our own Ecco Gelato.
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe...Skippers - I hear all these exotic sounding names such as Santa Fe, San Jose, sounds so glamorous....
13.gif

Off to have a quick trot on the treadmill!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All!

Sounds like everyone is doing great! (Kimi - certainly hope your back is better!)

I had my race today - it was a 5K, I finished in 37:05. I am starting to believe that my times last year (35:45 2x) were a fluke or something. I can''t seem to break back into those times. I felt like I had a good run today. It has been disgustingly humid here the entire week and it FINALLY broke this morning (THANK GOODNESS!). It was warm, but not terribly hot. My first mile, I felt really good and I pushed to run the whole thing. After I stopped for the water break, I continued to run for another 1/2 mile. After that it was really hard for me to get going again. I think I might have to stop stopping at the water stops - they are slowing me down! I am happy to report that my hamstring is holding up and my legs felt really strong today! So I think I might becoming a better runner, just slower. Oh well, it''s always a challenge
1.gif

The next race won''t be until October. I believe there are a couple in September I could run in, but I will be gone 3 of the 5 weekends in Sept. (honeymoon, whooooooooo!) and they really slow down a lot anyhow after Labor Day.

I have no other workouts to report from this week after Tuesday. I ended up skipping Thursday since I wanted to spend time with my fi before he left for the weekend. Since I woke up in the middle of the night to send them off, I had ANOTHER headache Friday afternoon! I am really getting sick of these headaches and starting to believe I may have a sinus infection. It might be time for a visit to the doctor....

Not workout related, but I had my bridal shower yesterday! It was a lot of fun and my bridesmaids and mom/mil did a wonderful job putting everything together. The food was Italian and served family style, so I had lots of different things. I ate some eggplant parm (which I usually won''t touch, but it was GOOD), chicken marsala, penne with vodka sauce, bread (of course!), and some yummy salad. What killed my day though was desserts. I had a piece of my cake, and then I think about 12 cookies. Yes, 12 cookies. My grandma made a tray of her special Italian assorted cookies for every table, and I think I ate at least 1 of each kind. I have an entire tray that she made just for me to take home (I guess I''m supposed to share it with my fi
11.gif
). My house right now is a disaster full of presents, and I''m working on cleaning all my new stuff and finding a place to put it away. My garage is full of boxes, so I''ll get in a mini workout later breaking them down for the recycling peeps.

Rod - I can''t believe you saw your car and didn''t demand the keys!!! You will be happy to know that I have been spreading the Core Performance Essentials message. My dad just ordered the book last night!

Lorelei - happy to hear the sun is out!!!!!!!!!!

Mara - hope you are enjoying Palm Springs...I am jealous, I CANNOT wait for my vacation!

Skippy - yay gelato!! I used to work in a town where I could walk to a Gelato place - DANGEROUS!

Kimi - Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

Dee - I completely hear you on the Enthusiasm lull in the middle of your workouts. In a 5K, I am DYING in the 1-2 mile. The first mile, GREAT, the last mile, I''m tired, but excited! I hate that! My deals are like, "If you run .2 more miles, you can WALK" That doesn''t actually help me!

I must get back to my house, or I will be looking at this stuff on my floor for a month or more. Have a great Sunday everyone!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning I trotted over to the gym and did 65 minutes of ellipticizing for 731 cals, and then a circuit on the arm machines (which I later regretted when I was dragging my heavy open house signs around!). The scale has rewarded my several hard workouts lately by PILING ON ANOTHER POUND.
29.gif
Damn scale! I refuse to believe it. So there.

Tonight we're going to dinner with one of my clients. There is a brick oven pizza place that the HH has been dying to try so we're going to make the trek (it's a ways from where we live).

Not sure what my workouts will be this week. I have something to do on Wednesday and Thursday evenings, and either Monday or Tuesday I have to do something with a client, so hopefully I'll be able to get five good ones in somehow.

Oh, and note to self: No matter how delicious the idea might be in your head, DO NOT eat a big bowl of sloppy joes RIGHT before you work out. You will be miserable because of it...
40.gif

Rod, TOO FUNNY about finding your own car!

Danielle, cookies made by your very own grandma have no calories. It's a scientific fact!
2.gif

Lorelei, you should have been with me today from 1-3. I did an open house in a building where the lobby is not air conditioned, and it's very hot and sunny here today. The only *pants* were the ones I wanted to take off to get a little relief from the heat! I read somewhere that just being in extreme temperatures burns calories because your body is working so hard to either heat itself up or cool itself off. I sure hope that's the case!

Kimi, happy anniversary!

Sharon, how are those scones?
11.gif

Mara, have a great trip!

jas, the tasting menu at Tru sounds marvelous! We've done a lot of tasting menus lately, and some I love and some I leave going, hmmm.... wonder what some of those things were I just ate... but the HH always loves to be surprised by the chef.

Stephi, thanks for the tip about the low fat vanilla cone at McD's.

Marcy, sorry to hear about the trailer being sold, but contgrats on the jeans, undies and new robe!

Charger, yes, isn't it amazing? I swear sometimes the HH makes things harder than they even have to be when he's cooking just to up the challenge level.
20.gif

Neatfreak, hope you enjoyed your splurge yesterday!

Mrs. S., I'll get the recipe from the HH for you. I think you could make it with turkey, or even half turkey, and it would be just as good because there is so much flavor in all the other stuff.

Princess, I had a little candy fest of my own the other day. Don't feel bad--sometimes it just happens!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Danielle, congrats on finishing your race strong, even if the time wasn''t quite what it was last year. And you definitely need water so I think maybe the weather just changes how fast you can go.

DeeJay, I don''t believe you really gained a pound either, unless it was muscle. How are your clothes fitting? I bet it''s just water, time of the day, or muscle mass.

Well, I walked 5.6 miles today. It was brutally hot and humid. I''ve gotten in the habit of walking for 40 minutes, popping in my house to use the bathroom (from all the water I''ve been drinking) and refill my water bottle, then walk another 40. I got dehydrated last month and it was scary . . . I don''t want that to happen again!

DH and I also walked 1.3 miles to our favorite Sunday lunch place, where I get a mimosa and salad nicoise or a quiche (ok, and we have a half carafe of wine). But by noon it was just so muggy and humid that I had to wipe the sweat off my face before we went in the restaurant . . . ew! My hair had been wet when we went and stayed that way because it was off my neck in a bun, but on the way back I let it down and had DH check its moistness (pretty moist), and then when we got home it was pretty much dry.

We just made plans to have pasta with neighbors, and they''re cooking
36.gif
, but they don''t have AC
6.gif
so I might need to change into a tanktop.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah......that''s it, I am too nice Skippy
11.gif
31.gif
I don''t think my salesperson even knows my car is in, so I wasn''t too upset that nobody called me. I''m sure I''ll get a call in the morning, though..........It will go like, "Good News, can you come get it today?" but unfortunately, I can''t. Mr. Charlie''s plane doesn''t get in until after 8 tomorrow night. I may not be able to get the new ride until Saturday. Oh well.......I''ve waited all these months, what''s a few more days, eh??

Danielle, so glad the race went well and I''m pleased to know the book recommendation was good and how great is it that your dad''s getting his own copy!!

I had a good workout to make up for the non-workout yesterday. Other than that, it''s been a pretty quite day, which is actually quite nice. I had a great dinner of a wonderful Filet Mignon grilled outside and two ears of the sweetest crispest white corn I''ve had all season. I''ll be heading out soon for my evening coffee under my oak tree.

Kimi and John: Sounds like your anniversary dinner was very special and food sublime. I''m glad you had such a nice evening.

Yay for some sunshine Lorelei. Lord knows you''ve deserved to get out of the Pantsy weather. We''ll look forward to your ever inspirational weekly opening tomorrow morning.

5.6 miles walked in brutal heat Phoenix?? That''s quite an accomplishment!!

Have a great evening y''all!

A super Yay to you DeeJay on such an accomplishment at the gym. I know how pleased you must be to finally be able to work out again. YOU GO GIRL!!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Back to back days at the gym this weekend with increased weights and tomorrow Muay Thai instruction. No..it''s not a cocktail
20.gif

Today was a perfect sunny day around mid 70''s with no humidity.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick check in to give my brain a break. I''ve been writing a unit since 8 this morning (okay, rewriting what my team screwed up).

Thanks for all of the anniversary wishes!!

Rod, I can''t wait until you get that car.

Skip, how do you feel about the test? Back is okay; no more vicodin for me! It sill hurts a bit but not as bad as the other night. The gelato place sounds delish@

Hooray for sunshine, Lorelei!

Hooray on the race, Danielle! Your bridal shower sounds like it was wonderful.

DeeJay, ignore the scale, be proud of the workout.

Great walk, phoenix!

John is making enchiladas, spanish rice and salad for dinner. We''re going to pop open a bottle of (Icky cheap) champagne that the inn gave us last year in our honeymoon sweet.

Have a great Sunday evening all.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Danielle, yay for doing the race! You are awesome.

Hey there Jeff. yay for wonderful weather.

Kimberly, glad the back is getting better. I am horrible assessing how I do on tests. There have been times I think I do good and do bad, do bad and do good. I felt good but we will see.

Rod, dang, sorry you can''t get the car sooner. How was dinner Friday w/your friend and her daughter?

Mara, are you all packed? hehehe

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi friends and fellow WWT’ers.
35.gif
I spent my day getting ready for star gazing at 9100 feet. I can hardly wait! Scoping will be so much fun for me now that I can climb ladders to look through giant telescopes. It gets in the 20’s and 30’s at night in the mountains so I need very warm clothes; I tried on my old warm clothes last night and sure had some good laughs. I put on jeans that are just a size or 2 big for me then put my old old sweats on top of them (the sweats barely fit me before I started to loose weight). The crotch hung down to about my knees. I put on 2 layers under my big coats and still had plenty of room so I hope my very loose clothes will keep me warm.
We went to see Bourne Ultimatum this afternoon. It was great.
Mara, how cool that you get to see deer and wild turkeys on your walk. Mountain lions though? OMG stay alert out there! Participation in our county fair has really fallen off over the last few years too. It is pretty sad and they have trouble with people stealing things too. I hope you have a marvelous trip. I don’t think we have any In and Out burger restaurants around here; I’ll have to watch for them on one of our outings. I feel lucky I can stop at one mini candy bar; I sure hope that continues FOREVER or I’ll have to completely stay away from them.
Skippy, I will swap your big hawk for the bee hive on my roof. I had my DH spray it awhile ago. Aak! I am glad you had a nice walk already today. We went to buy groceries for our camping trip and had 2 shopping carts (one was full of bottled water and drinking water jugs). I bought assorted 100 calorie snacks for me and baked lays to munch on. Thank you for the tip on the McD’s ice cream cone. I will have to try one this week; I always like their cones. Enjoy some Gelato soon.
Rod, you had quite a weekend and how wonderful to get to see your car. I bet you can hardly wait to get it. Our car has Bluetooth and it’s awesome. Both our phones have Bluetooth so that confuses it when we are both in the car when it starts but when we get in the car by ourselves the phone picks up right away. It’s nice.
Jas, stupid water weight. It’ll be gone in no time. That is great you can do the Batliptical for a longer time. Your dinner sampler sounds marvelous. That is a really neat idea. No I didn’t give the sales lady the look of death but I wanted to smack her hand. Ha Ha. That ring went in boiling windex last night. I''m such a Monk!
Kimberly, it sounds like you had a lovely evening and great dinner. I’m glad. I am so glad to hear your back is doing better.
Sharon, I bet your scones were yummy. I am glad it cooled off enough for you to have an ice walk. Thank you for the nice compliment. I can’t believe I can wear regular old misses jeans now. Yippee!
Lorelei, I am so delighted to hear you have sunny weather. Maybe you’ll get to see some stars tonight.
Danielle, congratulations on your fabulous run this morning. I don’t think I’d pass up the water breaks; I would worry you''d get dehydrated. Your bridal shower sounds like it was really nice; I hope you got many wonderful gifts. I’d have to enjoy some of those cookies made with TLC.
DeeJay, that’s right! Don’t be fooled by some evil, twisted, demented scale. They LIE! You had a terrific workout this morning so I am sure it’s only a pound of muscles. LOL that grandma cookies have no calories. Thanks for the congrats on my smaller clothes. I am excited about it.
PhoenixGirl, it sounds like you had a nice long walk today. Enjoy the pasta tonight; you live in Arizona, right? I can’t imagine anyone down there not having AC. Ugh!
Jeff, it sounds like you had some great workouts this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results