shape
carat
color
clarity

Week 6 - Share Photos: Favorite Cake Photo

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
We did not have a cake - we had a pie. An apple pie! Before my husband and I started officially dating, we ran into each other at a bar on Saint Patrick's Day, and since I was there with some friends I invited him to sit down with us and hang out. One by one as the night went on my friends left until it was just him and I, and a LOT of whiskey. At one point about 2AM, he said "do you want to come back to my place....I have pie." And I said, sure! And he really did have pie, an apple pie that his mother had baked him, and we each had a piece, then he walked me home. My sister found out and said OMG you HAVE to marry this man. Who else would invite a drunk girl back to his place for "pie" and ACTUALLY HAVE PIE. She told this story during her speech, ha.

My husband baked our wedding pie. :lickout: You can't see in the picture, but he carved our initials into the crust with a heart between them.

368mmx.jpg

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
ts44...that is the cutest story!! MMMM pie!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A girlfriend of mine from work does wedding cakes with her daughter, they went above and beyond, exactly what I wanted :lickout:
P.S. those flowers are ALL handmade sugar flowers, the little bee too. I wish I had a better closeup so you could see the detail.

cake.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
We had pics of our parents with their cakes on either side of our cake.

cakepicforps.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Travel Goddess|1289695777|2765102 said:
We had pics of our parents with their cakes on either side of our cake.

That is WAY sweet, I love your idea :appl:

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Here's ours - nothing fancy, but each tier was a different flavor. Yummy! :lickout:
The roses on top were supposed to be a lot smaller so you could see the heart topper better, but I guess it turned out okay.

si_reception_cake.JPG

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
cake_0.jpg
Here's mine. Pretty simple, covered in buttercream icing.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an awesome thread. Will hunt down a pic of our cake this weekend to add to it. :lickout:

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
This thread is making me so hungry and I'm drooling. Too many gorgeous cakes!

Here is mine - a dark chocolate with hazenut filling:

wedding cake.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Here's my wedding cake. The Italian baker made it look a bit more traditional than I had wanted, but it was absolutely delicious -- really moist and light, with half of it limoncello filling and half gianduia chocolate filling.

mscushion_weddingcake.JPG

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This day was perfect... the cake was to die for....

261290_232037710155211_100000469511499_999019_7247488_n.jpg

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
simple and loved it

498_011611_cake pic.jpg

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like this may be a rather old thread, but I really want to share my cake! :)

Cake_BlackWhite_Crop - Copy.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful cake HB!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
OK, so I want to share in some of these threads!

This is my favorite cake photo--we have a really pretty one of the cake lit from behind, but I love everyone's expressions here. I think I was literally saying "how much ribbon is on this darn cake!?"

LadyPirate079.jpg

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I almost loved my cake. Delicate and dainty, although it wasn't quite right since it was supposed to have two strands of flowers intertwined, but there was only one. And the cake board was supposed to be fondant, not silver foil (seriously! with a gold accented cake!). Unfortunately, even the perfect cake would have been overwhelmed by the completely and utterly hideous cake table! Seriously, it was AWFUL! Oh well. There was white cake with passion fruit and cream cheese fillings, and chocolate with caramel creme brulee and milk chocolate mousse fillings.

CR-3878.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful cake...makes me hungry! Bet it was delicious!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I'd post my daughter's wedding cake from this past December. It was made by one of my dearest friends and was the best wedding cake I've ever had!

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0057sml.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
mrsjacob - so cute!!

DiamondSeeker - that's one of the most beautiful cakes I've ever seen!!

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! The owls are facing the wrong way, the one is supposed to be looking at the other one in a cute coy way, but instead it looks like it's looking annoyed!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
mrsjacob, I love your toppers! I took it as the girl owl was looking shyly away from the boy owl.

SB...purty cake!

This was tough for me, since the only thing that went wrong with our wedding was that our cake never showed up. We were suppose to have a cupcake tower with 3 different flavors of cupcake, and a cutting tier to put our topper on. Although our cake never showed, our reception venue manged to pull together enough flourless chocolate cake for our guests and a plate for us to cut and feed to each other. But since the first thing I bought for the wedding after we got engaged was our cake topper, I decided to post a picture of that. It was taken during the toasts, and I love that you can see us in the background...

Shumate reception1056.jpg

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Vc10. I cant beleive your cake never showed,but so glad you still had an amazing day!!! H

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
z43.jpg

Theres ones of the cake by itself, but I loved this one since were cutting it together :)

HUsbands Aunt made the whole thing for us :)) So cost us 0.00$, well... we got her a nice gift of course ;))

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
nicoleben|1320352567|3053412 said:
z43.jpg

Theres ones of the cake by itself, but I loved this one since were cutting it together :)

HUsbands Aunt made the whole thing for us :)) So cost us 0.00$, well... we got her a nice gift of course ;))

Great pic.

Ok, technically not the cake, it's our cake toppers, but I love them!

cake toppers.PNG

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I loved our cake, beautiful and simple. DH chose the stand, I love how structural it is. The cake was one layer vegan carrot cake and one layer vegan chocolate fudge cake, both with vegan vanilla buttercream icing. YUM! We're not vegans but it was important to us that everyone present could enjoy our wedding cake.

yummycake.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
bump

audball

Ideal_Rock
Favorite cake picture! AND favorite picture of us cutting the cake which has way more of us in the picture than the actual cake!

1551583_10102428901823121_1392526578_n.jpg

1497645_10102428909118501_166893673_n.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved the room they had us in with the cake! The room is actually like a cave. Those are real rock walls. This used to be where the kept barrels of wine and let people taste wine at different stages of the winemaking process. We were lucky enough to get a private tasting with the wine maker on my b-day a few years before the wedding. They don't do that sort of tasting any more (something about bacteria potentially making people sick?) so the room is now used for small group lunches & private tastings. We were able to cut the cake in the room and then go outside and enjoy the view around the gorge while they plated for us!

_14734.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results