shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Sites on Eastern LI

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Hello!

I have searched this forum for great ideas about some wedding sites, but so far can''t find anything on eastern LI. My mother and my grandmother live out in hampton bays, and though i live in DC, i think the eastern end of LI is really beautiful.
emstar.gif
My fiancee is from new jersey, so LI isn''t too far and we spent some time out there this summer and both of us fell in love. i''m thinking about an april of september wedding, to try and avoid the big summer crowds and the bigger summer prices. i think we are going to get married in a church, so i''m looking for a place to have the reception. we both love the outdoors and the ocean, so we are searching for something that has some natural beauty...does anyone have any suggestions?

ps: i''ve tried the knot and google, but haven''t seen anything that really "suits" us...

long distance planning could turn out to be a drag
14.gif

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
My FI attended a wedding at a winery/vineyard out East this summer. He LOVED it! I can find out the specific one if you are interested, but there are a TON of them on the North Fork. He liked how the site was able to be lovely without being too "prim."
Munchkin

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Finally, an area I know something about
1.gif
!

I''ve lived on Eastern Long Island most of my life, and we have some breath-taking potential wedding sites!

I love all the ideas of having a vineyard wedding, you''ll find a lot of resources at www.southforkweddings.com and www.northforkweddings.com I''m a little partial to the more laid-back beauty of the North-fork, as my parents are from East Marion (right before Orient Point at the very tip) but there is no beating the beauty of the South Fork and all its elegance. With your family living in Hampton Bays, any of the South Fork sites would be very accessible. It''s good that you''re thinking April or Sept, since summer traffic from Southampton on east is truly a nightmare!

I also love Atlantica, in Westhampton, for beach weddings http://www.tierramar.com/
My beloved hairdresser will be getting married there next October.

There are many private homes on both "forks" with amazing yards for very private weddings...oh, to be married in the hamptons surrounded by blue-bloods
9.gif

Good luck, can''t wait to see what you discover

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
thanks fountain:

i''ve been doing some research and have now enlisted my mom to ask around for some possible venues. i picture a tent wedding that takes place outside. i''ve always been a beach baby, but i''ve been to a number of beach weddings and i think that i''m going to try to look for something that is more of a grassy/flowers/garden setting. i see candles and lanterns and strawberries and sparklers...in my head it''s perfect, in reality it''s hard to find a place.

i found this and thought oh my how freaking gorgeous:
amazing

but after inquiring a little more i found out that they charge a $16,500 venue fee. that doesn''t include anything. nothing at all!

that is way toooo much money. so back to trying to find some other spots. those websites are pretty helpful.

i love the northfork it is beautiful, but my financee and i don''t really share any special love of wine so it would be kind of odd and not us to have a wedding in a vineyard...

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
fountain: could you tell me a little more about atlantica and also do you know about how pricey it tends to be?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results