shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding shoes!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
K&L, I liked those a lot - they were one of the first pairs that I really considered, but I was worried about the ankle strap being uncomfortable - how does it feel?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ladies, input please! I''ve bought a pair of gold Manolos (sling-back, mid-heel, criss-cross medium-think straps in front). They''ll go with either of my dresses (one''s cream and gold, the other''s red). I stumbled across the gold version of this pair yesterday and bought them: http://www.bluefly.com/pages/products/detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2087796699&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2057231759&N=933+4294967078&Ns=Popularity%7c0%7c%7cProduct%2bCode%7c1&Nu=Product+ID Do you think they''ll work with my day dress (the cream and gold) for City Hall?

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
harriet the link is showing me a pair of Tod''s flats. Nice but not NICE enough for your wedding girl

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not even in glamorous gold?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is the detail dark brown on the gold ones too?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tortoiseshell.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I was hoping they''d be gold. What do your other shoes look like?

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Freke! I was wondering if you had any suggestions for my shoes!

I started a thread a looong time ago about this question https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/shoe-hunt.73769/ as I was always intending to wear flats (FI isn''t the tallest guy).

However, at my fitting the sales associate and my sister both thought that I walk differently in flats and am not as graceful or something. They both recommended at least a small heel.

So here are my questions:

1. Should I just wear flats as I always planned?
2. If I wear heels, I''d rather go at least 3 inches because I''d like to wear ones I''d wear again. Does that make sense?
3. What colour? The dress is ivory with gold accents. I''d also be interested in wearing something colourful - my colours are red and black.
4. Closed or open toed? Does it matter?

If anyone can help me find something/make a decision, I''d really appreciate it! Thanks!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 2:59:42 AM
Author: October2008bride
Hi Freke! I was wondering if you had any suggestions for my shoes!

I started a thread a looong time ago about this question https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/shoe-hunt.73769/ as I was always intending to wear flats (FI isn''t the tallest guy).

However, at my fitting the sales associate and my sister both thought that I walk differently in flats and am not as graceful or something. They both recommended at least a small heel.

So here are my questions:

1. Should I just wear flats as I always planned?
2. If I wear heels, I''d rather go at least 3 inches because I''d like to wear ones I''d wear again. Does that make sense?
3. What colour? The dress is ivory with gold accents. I''d also be interested in wearing something colourful - my colours are red and black.
4. Closed or open toed? Does it matter?

If anyone can help me find something/make a decision, I''d really appreciate it! Thanks!
First of all, what''s the height difference between the two of you? And where are you getting married (for the open/closed toe question)?
I love your dress. I think it''s absolutely gorgeous. Do you have shoes already?
1. I think it depends on what you want to do. If you''re comfortable wearing them, then yes you should wear them. If you''re not, then wear heels.
2. That makes total sense. To me anyway.
3. You could go white, gold, or red. Or black too, but people seem to shy away from that a bit.
4. If there will be a weather issue with precipitation or coldness, then I''d go closed. If it''ll be hot, I''d go open. If it doesn''t matter or it''ll be pretty moderate weather-wise I''d go with whatever you love.

Really, I think you should go with whatever makes you comfortable and happy. Nothing else really matters IMHO.

What are you leaning towards?

I''ll be happy to help you find something!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 3:20:11 AM
Author: FrekeChild

First of all, what''s the height difference between the two of you? And where are you getting married (for the open/closed toe question)?
I love your dress. I think it''s absolutely gorgeous. Do you have shoes already?
1. I think it depends on what you want to do. If you''re comfortable wearing them, then yes you should wear them. If you''re not, then wear heels.
3. You could go white, gold, or red. Or black too, but people seem to shy away from that a bit.
4. If there will be a weather issue with precipitation or coldness, then I''d go closed. If it''ll be hot, I''d go open. If it doesn''t matter or it''ll be pretty moderate weather-wise I''d go with whatever you love.

Really, I think you should go with whatever makes you comfortable and happy. Nothing else really matters IMHO.

Thanks Freke!

Well I *think* there is about a 3-4 inch difference between us. When I usually wear my work heels, we are almost the same height. The wedding ceremony is in a cathedral in the afternoon and the reception is at a restaurant nearby. Since it is in October, it could be either really hot (last year it was HOT on that day) or it could be the fall.

I had thought red too, but I was worried that because the dress was so formal and had beading etc that it wouldn''t work. I love coloured shoes with classic dresses that don''t have a lot of detail work for sure, but wasn''t sure if it would be too much with mine.

I think if I don''t do red, gold would be my next choice.

Will anyone see my shoes as I walk down the aisle anyways?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is another question-have you had your dress length messed with? How much length do you have to work with there?

I don''t think anyone will see your shoes while you''re walking down the aisle.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 12:43:11 PM
Here is another question-have you had your dress length messed with? How much length do you have to work with there?

Nope, not one thing has to be altered on my dress (unless I lose about 20lbs. in the next four months) and with the heels on the shoes, the length is perfect. Speaking of shoes, here is a picture. Since I am dying my crinoline, I may try to dye these as well because I love these shoes and want to wear them again! Of course, I will try practice shoes first to make sure it will turn out okay.

Nina-shoes-Gretel-(Silver-Royal-Satin)-010603.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 12:43:11 PM

Hi Freke - I don''t know if this was for me, but they have just basted the hem so it can be adjusted based on whatever shoes I go with.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 12:28:52 PM
Author: October2008bride
Date: 6/23/2008 3:20:11 AM

Thanks Freke!

Well I *think* there is about a 3-4 inch difference between us. When I usually wear my work heels, we are almost the same height. The wedding ceremony is in a cathedral in the afternoon and the reception is at a restaurant nearby. Since it is in October, it could be either really hot (last year it was HOT on that day) or it could be the fall.

I had thought red too, but I was worried that because the dress was so formal and had beading etc that it wouldn''t work. I love coloured shoes with classic dresses that don''t have a lot of detail work for sure, but wasn''t sure if it would be too much with mine.

I think if I don''t do red, gold would be my next choice.

Will anyone see my shoes as I walk down the aisle anyways?

First off, I defer to FrekeChild in all matters of "beshodding" oneself (just to make up a word).
2.gif

OctoberBride, there is also 3 inches of difference between my FI and myself. You make an excellent point about heel height changing the way you walk; if you are comfortable in heels normally you really should try your hardest to select something with a 1 to 1-1/2" kitten heel at least because it will tilt your pelvis in that alluring way that high heels do, and without that tilt one walks differently. Combine that with a well-selected shoe for your FI that has a bit of a heel to it, and voila!

[My poor fiance. He''s 6''1" so he''s considered himself tall all of his life, and then he meets a Manolo 105 lovin'' girl like myself. We''ve joked about cowboy boots (uh, we live in coastal California) or finding the inserts that Tom Cruise puts in his shoes, but meanwhile I keep buying white strappy confections that I KNOW my fiance won''t let me wear until the honeymoon.
12.gif
]

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
P.S. FYI, FrekeChild, my local Macy''s has the Pucci shoes with which you started this thread on its sales racks as of last weekend. Perhaps a few well-placed phone calls around the country may be worth it during the next sale weekend?

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
OK, after dress fitting I now know I need right at a 3" shoe. White, gold, silver or blue. Still need a thicker heel or wedge because of grass and wood deck situation.

HELP my shoe fans!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
23.gif
FDL!!!Thanks for letting me know! I''ll have to look into it (I have no $$$, but I bet I could scrounge something up!)

And Iwanna-I can''t look today-I''m already terribly behind on everything I need to get done, but I''ll poke around and look tomorrow or Tuesday ok? (Maybe even tonight if I need a break or get done with everything early!)

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think of these shoes?

ninewestjojusred2008.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
here are mine (or one of them). I''m not into open-toed shoes as I don''t like feet and mine are always cold. the heel is 3 inches. I usually wear higher stilettos (as I am very short) but as we will be walking through the grass and have to dance late into the night, these will hopefully keep me from sinking and hurting.

Sadieshoe_jpg.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are my lovely new shoes... probably going to wear these after the ceremony...

gina3.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want these for the ceremony.... bit high so I will only wear them a short while!

ginahighshoes3.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Okay so I finally picked up some shoes! I originally picked out some higher ones that I would get more wear out of but then tried these on and I think they will be way more comfy for a full day of walking/dancing!

(Oh, and I still bought the other ones too ;-)

IMG_3532.JPG

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
And one last pic...

IMG_3533.JPG

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Love those shoes, October!!! They are super-cute!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2008 9:29:39 AM
Author: Dani
Love those shoes, October!!! They are super-cute!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Yay! Thanks Dani! The $40 price tag didn''t hurt either!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bump. I want to see everyone''s wedding shoes they''ve bought since this thread was last active!!!!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
spoken like a true addict, freke, haha! i''ve posted these before, but i love them, so i''m posting them again...

pimpalicious wedding shoes.jpg

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I am going with boring old wedding shoes that I found in a bridal shop. Does anyone even do that anymore? I need lower heels, want pointy closed toes, and these were very comfy when I wore the sample around in the store. Plus they''re the same diamond-white silk as my dress. I tried a pair of red shoes on with the dress at the shop and...they so did not look right
7.gif

silk and crystal shoes.jpg

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
I need help finding shoes! I''m wearing the Maggie Sottero Coco dress in light gold. Wedding colors are ivory and black with touches of pink and light gold. Wedding is New Year''s Eve, but I''m still definitely open to peep toes (which are definitely my favorite). Budget for these is unlimited--I''m a shoe addict and want something FABULOUS for my big day.

If anyone has suggestions for bridesmaid shoes too that would be great! They want something fun--their dresses are black, tea-length(ish) bubble hem, so the shoes will definitely be seen.

Thank you guys soooooo much!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results