shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Napkins

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I have my first official assignment for my sister''s LA wedding party. Find the best place to get 300 high-quality cocktail napkins printed with their names and stuff. So I googled it ... and the sheer number of sites is overwhelming!
32.gif

Has or is anyone going to have special napkins printed up for their wedding?

Can anyone point me to a really good place to get the napkins printed? Where are you getting yours from? What are they like, anyway? My mother... er, I mean My sister would like something really classy.
9.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think printed napkins are an unnecessary expense (excessive? gaudy?) Elegance is a fine line between opulence and understatement. The point of monogrammed napkins is so that...your laundress will know to which family they belong! Since paper napkins are meant to be thrown out, there is no point to monogrammed napkins. If you want class, go for proper linens. Cocktail napkins will unfortunately end up in guests' pockets, the trash, and in a potted plant.

Just my opinion, of course!
2.gif
If your sister wants monogrammed napkins, then by all means! However, I would go with good quality paper napkins or rented linens, sans monogram.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I think the general idea is that it will give a wedding feel to the party. My sister and her fi are having a DW in Italy, and then two parties later in the summer (one on each coast).
So far the LA party will be at our parents house with a caterer, a buffet-style table with stationary food and passed platters with asian-fusion finger food, also a mini bar thing set up on the deck. She''s also arranged for a very small cake with Congrats Sis and FI on it. The decorations haven''t gotten past a red tablecloth for luck (so far). For entertainment we''ll probably have a piano player off in the corner inside.

In other words, I think my mother is hoping that napkins with their name and date on it will prevent anyone from forgetting it''s a wedding celebration and not a cocktail party.
9.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
This place has been reviewed positively by knotties although I haven''t ordered from them myself :

http://www.foryourparty.com/coasters.php

The link is for their custom coasters, which I think are really elegant but kind of a splurge...

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have to agree with JulieN, I think monogrammed cocktail napkins are kinda cheesy, plus no one will notice anyway. Luckily they are pretty inexpensive so either way it won''t impact the budget much.

Tigerbear

Rough_Rock
I bought these napkins and I think they are adorable:

http://www.thestationerystudio.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/catalog.viewProduct/productID/8145/catId/1296/Design_your_own_VIP_Continental_Napkins.html

My DHtb didn''t want them either at first for some of the same reasons mentioned above but he actually likes them too! We are only using them for drinks and the cake. We are having a very simple wedding so this is just a small way to personalize it.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I got these napkins in red with silver writing from Ebay and I was very pleased. It''s 30 dollars for 100 napkins (including shipping). The napkins are of the same quality as Tigerbear''s, from what I can tell in the website she posted.

I have lots of experience with this seller too and I''ve never had a problem. I got most of my decorations and stuff for the wedding from them: Ebay Personalized napkins

PER-Beverage%20Nap.jpg

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Trying the picture again...

PER-Beveragenap.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results