shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Hairstyles?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I''m trying to find some good sites that show wedding hairstyles. I''ve got a slightly unsual challenge in that my hair is long enough to sit on, and I''m fairly certain I want it down or mostly down.

This is to show it off, of course.
27.gif
I''m very proud of my long hair, and want to display it to best advantage.

I''m not engaged yet, but we''ve been talking about what kind of ring I want, so a proposal is imminent.
9.gif

Any suggestions?

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I did go and look at the theknot.com''s hair styles after you suggested it (I was looking at their gowns earlier) but nothing seems appropriate for the length of my hair. Their styles were pretty, but not numerous enough for me to find something that would work.

It would be curly if it wasn''t so long, so it sort of waves and then curls at the very bottom.

My dress will be very stark, so I can''t go with a fussy hairdo.

Any suggestions?

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a picture of the wedding dress? Do you have a bio?

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I''d love to see a picture of your hair!
I''m guessing that you are finding it hard to find pictures to inspire you because so few people have hair that long.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/11/2006 2:25:23 PM
Author: lmurden
Do you have a picture of the wedding dress? Do you have a bio?

I just have a waterclour sketch of the dress, not an actual dress yet. It will be a one-shouldered simple white sheath dress, but with black separate sleeves, so the top will look very geometric and the emphasis will be on the cut, not ornamentation.

I''ve gotten the thumbs-up from my manfriend, so it looks like a go. I''ll hunt around to see if I can find an example of what the dress (minus sleeves) will look like.

I have a really old (about a year and a half old) photo of my hair, so it''s quite a bit longer now. I can post it up, though.

I''m new to this forum, so I haven''t created a bio yet.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
In fact, I am such a newbie I can''t seem to find out how to do it...

If anyone can tell me if there is a place to create a bio please let me know. *blush*

This picture is really old, so my hair is about.. um... how can I put this? It''s reaching Alanis Morisette''s ''Thank you India'' video-length, if any of you know what I mean by that. It''s a lot longer now. The top of my head is cut off by the photo (that is a swath of hair on the right, not the curve of my head) and the colour is a little more red in real life, but the texture is about right.

This is a picture of me tickling my housemate''s boyfriend to within an inch of her life, as she laughed helpessly at his shrieks for help.
27.gif

3210.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Do you want a straight sleek look or a curly gooddess look?

001_primary.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Another

2517.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock

0607.jpg

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo, those are nice. That soft wave/curl look is exactly what I want!
36.gif

Unfortunately, I have a really round, soft, baby face, so center-parts make my face look like a triangle... with the point facing upwards.
7.gif

My boyfriend suggested I get a half-up, half-down hairstyle, but he''s a man. What does he know about hair? I''ve never had much luck with half-up, mostly because my hair is so heavy it pulls painfully against whatever fixing method I''ve used.

I''m still digging for an approximation to what I want in a wedding dress, to give an idea of what the overall look might be.

I went to a store today and tried on, for the first time, a diamond ring.
30.gif
I wanted to check my ring size, and get a sense of what size of stone I want that will give the right proportion to my hand.

I''d never seen a diamond so close before... wow. No photo or commerical could ever do them justice.

My favorite was a .64 solitaire in a tapered white gold setting. Perfect. I wouldn''t want to go any bigger.

The woman at the counter took a liking to me and confided that they don''t get paid by comission, so she gave me excellent service and advice with no pressure to buy. It was a wonderful experience.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to hear that your ring looking was fun (that is my favorite thing to do!). For your hair, I might suggest going to a hair stylist-maybe one that will do your hair for the wedding- and talk to them. They might have books to look at or you can try some things out while you''re there. Half-up sounds good to me, but if you don''t like that, I really like the pictures that were posted by lmurden. You could ask to try it and see what you like.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I would highly suggest doing a hair trial every two weeks to get an idea of what looks good on you because you never. Good luck.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results