shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding dress stress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
ok, i hope i''m not alone in this. i''m not going to be one of the brides who has that "THIS IS THE ONE!!!" moment when trying on dresses. i just know that about myself. i''ve loved sooo many dresses. i think i''ve got it narrowed down now to 2 but i''m scared to make the final call. clearly i know i''m going to have to wear something but i have this nervous feeling about pulling the trigger on one, you know? i want to feel amazing that day in what i''m wearing and have no regrets. how do i do this?? i''m also stressed b/c i want FI to LOOOOOOVE my dress and think that i look the best he''s ever seen me and i keep changing my mind on which one he''d like more.

i wish i had pics to show you to get your input but all the salons had a no pic policy and i can''t really find good pics online to show.

has anyone else had this issue? i realize that it''s just a dress and i shouldn''t be this concerned but i want it to be perfect. i wish i had that a-ha moment but not the case for me.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
why don''t you get BOTH dresses?
2.gif

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What dresses have you narrowed the pics down to? And don''t worry about FI, he''ll think you''re the most gorgeous person in the room on your wedding day!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i''m the same way, so i totally understand. there wasn''t anything that screamed to me. i knew going into it that the heavens would not part and angels would not sing to me, and no beam of light would come down and say, "THAT''S YOUR DRESS!"

if the dresses are two totally different styles, i''d say go with whichever one is more "you." if they are somewhat similar, i''d say flip a coin. honestly. whatever is meant to be, will be. and i''m sure you look great in all of them, since they are such gorgeous dresses. let yourself shine through all of the fabric though. and FI will love it, no matter what. i promise.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
You''re not alone. I was pretty sure that I wasn''t going to have the "THIS IS THE ONE!!" moment either. I went to a bridal salon and tried on dresses and I liked them all just not THAT much. But I knew what style I would essentially be most happy with and I bought one online. FI is the only one who I really really want to love me in my dress. He says that I''m silly and that he''d think I''m gorgeous if I was wearing a burlap sack. Which is sweet, but I still want to feel really beautiful on that day. So I''m hoping that when the dress is altered and I have the right undergarments and my hair and makeup is done and I have the veil and all of the accessories on that I''ll feel like a bride AND like me - that''ll be my AHA moment. In my mind, it''s one thing to put on the dress, but I think it''s another thing to put on YOUR dress on YOUR wedding day.

Did you try on veils with the dress? A lot of brides don''t have that moment until the veil is on too.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 3:11:20 PM
Author: Honey228
You''re not alone. I was pretty sure that I wasn''t going to have the ''THIS IS THE ONE!!'' moment either. I went to a bridal salon and tried on dresses and I liked them all just not THAT much. But I knew what style I would essentially be most happy with and I bought one online. FI is the only one who I really really want to love me in my dress. He says that I''m silly and that he''d think I''m gorgeous if I was wearing a burlap sack. Which is sweet, but I still want to feel really beautiful on that day. So I''m hoping that when the dress is altered and I have the right undergarments and my hair and makeup is done and I have the veil and all of the accessories on that I''ll feel like a bride AND like me - that''ll be my AHA moment. In my mind, it''s one thing to put on the dress, but I think it''s another thing to put on YOUR dress on YOUR wedding day.

Did you try on veils with the dress? A lot of brides don''t have that moment until the veil is on too.

Agreed. No one has seen me in the dress with a veil yet...which is kinda fun. The moment i put my veil on, FI goes, "Holy crap. We''re getting married, now I guess." with the biggest smile. And my sister cried. No one cried really when I tried on dresses, but the veil made the waterworks start.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks. i know it sounds silly but i''m really nervous about this decision. i don''t want to second guess...i want to KNOW it''s the right one. ugh.

yimmers...i''d love to show you the dresses but i don''t have any pics. basically i''ve narrowed it down to 2 fit and flare/trumpet styles.

one is more simple. strapless satin with a small amount of toole at the neckline with an amazing belt (chiffon flowers with some bling in the center...big flower in the middle and 2 flowers on each side of that). the belt is gorgeous and there are no photos online for me to show you! it''s so unique and beautiful. the back of the dress is simple. just the tie of the belt sash. the fit will be amazing and the shape is really flattering. the bustle would look like a flower too. couldn''t really envision it but i trust the designer (selia yang)

the other one is a tiered trumpet. also strapless. it also has a belt although the belt is more traditional. its a beaded belt that clips in the back so nothing hangs. there are some covered buttons that go to my tush. the style is similar to this vera wang (minus the shoulder doodad) so imagine it strapless with a beaded (yet simple) belt.

http://www.instyleweddings.com/weddings/gallery/0,,20163391_20374844,00.html

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
honey...glad to hear it''s not just me. i hope i have that oh my gosh this is it moment on my wedding day! i want to feel like a million dollars that day and i am anticipating (knowing myself) being like, oh, maybe i should''ve bought the lace dress or this one or that one. hopefully i''ll just feel perfect that day!!

and i did put veils on which made me feel sooooo excited to marry FI!!! but the problem with me is that i love too many things and i loved all the veils and all the dresses. i''ve seen too many!! ugh.

i''m so silly...i know this, but i can''t help it.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
marlie, I love the mermaid style gowns. Both sound beautiful and I have no doubt that either one would make you feel bridal. Do you have to purchase any time soon? Can you take some time and just sit with your own thoughts until one seems like it has an edge over the other? I think that looking at all the available wedding information can flood us with too many good choices, you know? It''s like being on PS and shopping for an e-ring and seeing everyone''s beautiful options. It''s easy to get sucked up in it and start thinking "Ooh I like that three-stone. Oh maybe an antique style is for me. Ah what about a halo?" So sometimes it was helpful to just step away and just focus on what I like without any outside influence.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks. yeah, i''m going to take the weekend and think about it. maybe i''ll have an a-ha moment after stepping back for a few.

thanks everyone for your thoughts and advice. i know i sound neurotic!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Do you have anyone you can take with you that can give you an opinion??? I''m sure FI will LOVE whatever you decide to wear!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results