shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding dress for a dog, haha

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I"m watching Platinum Weddings on Comcast On Demand, and a bride just bought an over 2k mini wedding-dress for her tiny white dog! It matches her wedding dress.

See what happens when you have no budget?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha I saw that too. It cracked me up.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, and the dog looked pretty miserable too, poor thing. My dog hates it when my mom puts so much as a rain coat on her to walk her the rain. My dog would totally eat the freaking crystals off that dress.

The food looked really good though, not going to lie. I would like to live in their dessert spread. But for 170k, I would hope the food was amazing!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I am sadly one of those crazy dog people who wanted my dog to wear a tux and be in a few pictures...no worries the FI and my mom shot that down SO fast. i am still hoping for him to be a in a few pictures at my house as I get ready. I am not that crazy though that I would actually want my dog in the wedding...after all they are animals and not always reliable.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think the dressing up is so crazy (my mom loves to dress up my dog), but TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS for a small dress for a tiny poodle?

I understand if you're paying for your own wedding and you have the budget, but she didn't pay for the wedding, her parents did. If I was the bride's mom, and she asked me for 2k to buy her little dog a dress, I probably would have just laughed.

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha ha!!!! Although, it's probably more like "see what happens when you have no taste?" because I've been to a couple of unlimited-budget weddings and they were nice, no pet costumes and such, LOL!!!

On another note....my poor dog would be MORTIFIED!! I wonder what people are thinking? I mean we all love our dogs, but I would guess it might be more meaningful to donate $2K to an animal charity as opposed to dressing the dog up like a mini-version of the bride (which, hello? really says *what* about what the bride thinks of herself? Dude, I don't want anyone to think I look like the freekin family DOG, especially on my wedding day!)

ETA: a little $40 or $50 dog-tux is more of an amusing little thing...like, it's funny and unexpected: it's closer in spirit to those little sweaters and such... it's not in the "WTF-ish" realm of an almost $3000 custom-made GOWN, ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results