• September 7, 2008

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • September 14, 2008

• September 21, 2008

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I'm having a hard time picking a date, it will have to be a sunday, which I'm not thrilled about, but we will do an early reception to give people time to commute home if need be.

August there are grapes on the vines still, which is a nice touch for photographs, airline flights are lowered by late August, but there's still the element of summer traffic getting down there and back. September the traffic is gone, but not sure if there is any grapes left on the vines, they have their grape festival on August 31st. FI doesn't care as long as it's not hot out

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I voted Sept 7 because if the grape festival is at the end of August, I am guessing the grapes won''t have all fallen off etc. I am guessing there might still be enough on the vines? You should ask them, they''ll know. But then the traffic will be less and the prices will be less, unless that is Labor Day weekend. So, you can try for the best of both worlds.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I also forgot to mention that I believe my Oma and Opa''s wedding date was August 24 1935 either 24th or 23rd, I have to verify this.
This is a nice historic element and sentimental, they were married for 63 years circa 1935

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I''d do the end of August, since your wedding will be before the grape festival, I don''t think there would be too much conflict, and your garunteed to have a lot of grapes left.

I don''t know if I missed this, but what venue did you select?

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t select it yet, but think this is it, we might want to look at one more place, but we both really like the Renault Winery, very much! there is a thread below this one with pics!!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Another thing to consider is if any of your OOT guests have children, especially if the kids be invited to the wedding. Depending on when school starts, this could be an argument for the August date. Any guests with children will likely prefer making the trip if school on Monday morning is not a concern. That way a late trip home on Sunday 1) might not be necessary if they can take Monday off from work, and 2) less worry about the kids being tired and cranky on Monday be it from the trip or staying with a sitter.

dmamsquared

Shiny_Rock
I am partial to the 23rd. That''s our anniversary ( it was HOT). For out-of-town guests flying: Depending where they''re flying from, Spirit Airlines flies into Pomona (AC Airport). Sign up for email deals because the consumer gets a chance to take advantage of some fantastic deals: $48 one way from LV to AC is an example. There is usually 48 hours once the deal is posted.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for Sept. 21st...that is our anniversary! We got married on a Sunday as well, and had an outdoor ceremony with reception on site. It was gorgeous, we got more compliments on the weather (like we had any control over that, lol) than anything!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for Sept 21, cause it''s just a day after my wedding!

We couldn''t have done August because we can''t take vacation during July and August. We had a choice of Sept 6 or Sept 20, and we picked 9/20 because it''s more likely to not be really hot. Since our ceremony is outside and our reception doesn''t have A/C...this was really important!

How much longer does the summer traffic make the trip, and how much more expensive are plane flights in September?

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Basil--
"How much longer does the summer traffic make the trip, and how much more expensive are plane flights in September?"

Summer traffic can add another hour for people traveling two hours, NYC people come down to the beaches so south traffic in the summer on a weekend can be awful. After Labor day and it seems the week before, flights are significantly lower. My friend would be spending 375 British Sterling instead of 575! wow big difference!

There is the annual GRAPE STOMPING on the 24th of August so I''m not sure if we can have that date now anyway, but that would be cool to have our guest stomping on grape hehehe!

September 21st is neat though, it marks the very first day of Fall!!!!!!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
For us our venue choice sort of dictated our date. We found out when the church was avaliable and then when the ballrooms were avaliable, and there was only one date where we could have both that would work with our schedual.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results