shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding bands are in!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t having the bands in hand make the reality of an upcoming wedding really sink in?

In addition to the pics, I wanted to give some vendor reviews. It''s kinda long, so for those of you that just want pics, feel free to scroll down.

Kansas City (Country Club Plaza)

Helzberg Diamonds—tried to sell us a band with I3 diamonds in it!
yucky.gif
Pre-PS I might have fallen for it, not knowing the difference. On the plus side, they had a stainless men''s band we both liked the style of, I just didn''t want a steel band.

Tiff & Co.—told the SA we were looking for wedding bands. Her response? “There they are in the case, let me know if you see anything you like.” and then she walked off! Zero effort to try and find us something. I guess T&Co is doing so well in the current economy they don''t need new customers.
Idunno1.gif

Tivol—upscale store. If you are ever in KC, I would highly recommend stopping in, some of the pieces they had on display were drop-dead gorgeous. The manager ended up being the one who helped us—all the SA''s were with customers. He looked at the ring and asked a couple of questions. On finding out that the e-ring was white gold, he commented that they would not have anything to match, as all of their in-stock pieces were platinum. I fully expected him to politely excuse himself, but instead he talked to us about what styles we liked, actually listened to us, showed us some rings and gave us some pointers about what to ask/tell other jewelers. It was great to see such a personal interest even though he knew up front we weren''t going to buy from him that day. Overall, a great experience!
thmbupemot.gif

contacted Lesley at Brian Gavin Diamonds. She is everything that has been reported by others. Prompt, friendly and informative. Quote was very reasonable.

Local
Shopped two B&M''s and the mall (for ideas only). Both B&M''s are very friendly, but have limited selection. (Our town only has a population of ~50,000) Both offered to do custom. One could do in house, the other would have to send the e-ring off. We ended up having the one do it in-house.

I would have loved to have BGD do the ring, but FI just wasn''t totally comfortable shipping off her e-ring. I hope to be able to work with them in the future. Even after informing Lesley that we were going with someone else, she was so gracious. No arguments about the quality of the ring that was done locally, though—he did a fabulous job and was very easy to work with.

On to the pics. I''ll give some stats with later pics.

jet2ksweddingbands3.JPG

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Her band is 14k white gold and has seven four-point G VS2 diamonds flush set to match the e-ring. We weren''t necessarily looking for matchy matchy, but nothing else seemed to work.

jet2ksweddingbands2.JPG

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
The men's band is from www.titaniumstyle.com 6-4 aircraft grade Ti, 6mm wide with brushed center section and polished sides. The three diamonds are G VS2 three pointers. Easy transaction, no problems at all. I like that the flush set stones compliment her set, but are still in a more masculine ring.

jet2ksweddingbands1.JPG

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Her e-ring has a euro shank and the jeweler matched it perfectly. FI does want the rings soldered together, so he included the cutouts to compliment the e-ring.

Sorry for the picture quality. My ancient camera was having issues and the batteries died before I could correct some shots. We WILL be buying a new camera before the honeymoon in Hawaii.

jet2ksweddingbands4.JPG

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
That''s all I have right now. I wanted to do the requisite PS flower shot on one of the gorgeous lilies FI has in her back yard, but that darn camera! I will have the wedding photographer get some good pics and hand shots, but that will have to wait ''til October.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jet- they are gorgeous... well done!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
jet2ks,

The jeweler did an awesome job. Your fiancee''s wedding band is a perfect match to her e-ring (which I LOVE, by the way!). Your wedding band compliments hers nicely too!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kool...nice clean lines and I like the way they match! Congrautlations!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Those styles compliment each other perfectly!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
jet, you did a great job. Both in picking the rings, and your reviews. I think the matching set works very well, nothing wrong with that! And I must say, I really like your band, and I''m very picky with guys rings. Good job!

The big day will be here before you know it.
9.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
So nice!!! Congrats on the bands!

rusticrhythm

Rough_Rock
I really love this set, jet! I love how the e-ring matched with her band. They look so unique!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Great set! I love the euro shank!

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the compliments, ladies. It was amazing how our two thought processes really converged on both rings. There were so many rings that Fi and I looked at and went "That''s nice, it might work" and then finding the right one, there was no might/maybe, it was "Yep, that''s the one" for both of us. In both cases, what we thought we might want to wear when we started out is not what we ended up purchasing.

In the end, we are both glad that her set matches. We just knew going into the process that there was no chance of a matching band without going custom because of the uniqueness of the e-ring, so really started by looking for a complimentary style. The great part was that we gave the e-ring to the jeweler for a couple of days so he could do the wax (no CAD, by the way, the wax was all hand carved!) we gave very little direction so that he was free to use his imagination and experience--didn''t even tell him we wanted an exact match. While he had the e-ring, the two of us discussed what we wanted to see and when we went back to see the wax it was almost exactly what we had talked about--the jeweler''s vision and ours just lined up perfectly.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I love titanium! The bands look great. I also hadn''t seen your FI''s engagement ring yet; it''s really beautiful and modern! Love the profile with the euro shank.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings!
I love how all three compliment eachother nicely
36.gif

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results