shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding band supposed to be scratched?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mikester

Rough_Rock
Hi, my fiance and I just purchased our wedding bands at Kay Jewelers. Upon inspection tonight I found that our bands (white gold) have little micro scratches across the surfaces. The scratches are pretty small but quite noticeable under a light. They almost look like smudges.

Is this expected or should we bring this up with Kay?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plain bands are so hard to keep free of scratches, mine has a dull look to it now, but I have been married 10 years. The band )brand new) should be free of scratched as far as I am concerned...you should be the one to develop the scratches after time!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you think they were there when you bought it, take them back to the store and ask them to address it. This often comes from the hand polishing cloths or tissues that stores or people use to wipe of the fingerprints and such. As Garry points out, a few days of wear and a bit of cleaning on your part tends to start a little bit of this and at some point you’re just going to have to learn to live with it but it shouldn’t be there when it’s brand new.

I’m reminded of part of my training regime for bench jewelers. We can’t make jewelery that won’t show fingerprints, but they shouldn’t be YOUR fingerprints.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results