shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band or AVC

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I am having somewhat of a panic attack. I decided on five .30ct H&A diamonds for a band. I even went so far and called GOG and told them this. Fast forward a few hours and I started doubting my decision, all along my intentions where a vintage diamond. I jumped on their site and found these, I also emailed them and told them how I am feeling.

Does anyone have advice for me, should I go with a band or go for a solitaire? As of right now I really don't know what GOG will tell me, this might not even be an option now.

Here are four diamonds I found.....would love your opinions. I would eventually have this in a halo setting.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/10425/

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/11115/

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8982/

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9877/

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Would love this option, but since I have a credit with GOG I have to buy something from them, refund is not an option.

I also do like the AVR, I also like Ovals and lately Asscher's have sparked my interest.

My price range has me concerned with how small a AVC would be.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luvsdmb|1394576104|3631994 said:
Would love this option, but since I have a credit with GOG I have to buy something from them, refund is not an option.

I also do like the AVR, I also like Ovals and lately Asscher's have sparked my interest.

My price range has me concerned with how small a AVC would be.

oh i understand. so whats the budget??

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Right now $4200, I could go a little more if it was something I LOVED.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Without meaning to be negative about it because AVCs are beautiful stones if you had an oval before an AVC will look and be a fair bit smaller than an oval. Having said that it will have a much bigger bolder and I think better light return pattern.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does your store credit expire?

Honestly, you have jumped all over the place with this project, and you've been up and down so many times... I'm exhausted just watching the roller coaster!

I would recommend stepping back and taking some time to figure out what you truly want instead of making a snap decision you might regret. You aren't back at square one - you know now that five 0.3ct AVCs aren't going to provide as much finger coverage as you'd like, but 7 0.25 RBs might. You know now that you're comfortable with the idea of white gold. You've expressed frustration and disappointment with the shape and direction this project has taken over the weeks... sometimes giving the whirlwind a bit of time to settle can be revealing and rewarding ::)

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1394579125|3632029 said:

Honestly, you have jumped all over the place with this project, and you've been up and down so many times... I'm exhausted just watching the roller coaster!

I would recommend stepping back and taking some time to figure out what you truly want instead of making a snap decision you might regret. You aren't back at square one - you know now that five 0.3ct AVCs aren't going to provide as much finger coverage as you'd like, but 7 0.25 RBs might. You know now that you're comfortable with the idea of white gold. You've expressed frustration and disappointment with the shape and direction this project has taken over the weeks... sometimes giving the whirlwind a bit of time to settle can be revealing and rewarding ::)

Trust me you think your exhausted, imagine being in my brain, I would have taken a break from this venture the minute I sent back the five AVC but having a credit makes me feel like I need to do it now. So to answer you, I do not know the details of how long I have for the credit. At this point I am probably wasting my time thinking of changing, I do have a feeling they aren't going to allow me to change my mind again. So if they say no, then so be it.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I actually just emailed GOG and told them I will stick to the five stones. I am done thinking about this.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you just get your money back? That would be my advice. Get your money back and take a break. I have been where you are. It's better to make a clean break and TAKE a break.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Refund is not an option.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think EITHER ring will be truly magnificent.. eternity ring will rock.... five AVC's - I'd take in a nano girl ... best of luck.. I understand you want the best bright light for the money.. neither way is wrong.. I cannot wait to see your ring.. (in case you change your mind again! which is your right of course).. I have a AVC pendant and now I wish I put it in a ring.. but I won't be doing THAT unless I get a job and get some money.. best of luck in your new ring!

:wavey:

luvsdmb|1394598857|3632269 said:
I actually just emailed GOG and told them I will stick to the five stones. I am done thinking about this.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luvsdmb|1394598275|3632259 said:
Yssie|1394579125|3632029 said:

Trust me you think your exhausted, imagine being in my brain, I would have taken a break from this venture the minute I sent back the five AVC but having a credit makes me feel like I need to do it now. So to answer you, I do not know the details of how long I have for the credit. At this point I am probably wasting my time thinking of changing, I do have a feeling they aren't going to allow me to change my mind again. So if they say no, then so be it.

I totally understand being frustrated and stressed over this -- it's a lot of money, and you want to love it. That said, I would call GOG and find out how long they will honor your credit. I mean, I would think it would be a good bit, since you've already paid but have no product. Then I'd just rest my mind for a week or so... then go out and try on some things that you've been pondering over before you place another order. :))

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
luvsdmb|1394629405|3632389 said:
Refund is not an option.

Perhaps you can be persuasive.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1394644711|3632560 said:
luvsdmb|1394629405|3632389 said:
Refund is not an option.

Perhaps you can be persuasive.

I think the chances of being a pain in the a-- is better than being persuasive. But no I am certain a refund is out.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The credit can just sit there. You don't have to rush. I'd probably buy the largest AVC I could manage with the credit and HOLD it until I could afford two more side stones to make a three stone ring. Or even better, buy a matched pair and buy a colored center stone and make a three stone ring with AVC side stones. That is something I really hope to do myself!

I have loved H&A stones and all the pieces I have had. But they rate an A on my grading scale, and AVR and AVC rate an A+. I know at this point I would like a 5 stone H&A ring, but I know for sure I would rather have one with AV stones or a combination of a colored stone with AV sides (or a larger AV center and colored stone sides).

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
They have a return period but I can't recall how long that window is. Did you hold the 5 stones for longer than the return period? I was under the impression that you sent them back quite quickly. Did you miss the return period?

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1394646505|3632588 said:
The credit can just sit there. You don't have to rush. I'd probably buy the largest AVC I could manage with the credit and HOLD it until I could afford two more side stones to make a three stone ring. Or even better, buy a matched pair and buy a colored center stone and make a three stone ring with AVC side stones. That is something I really hope to do myself!

I have loved H&A stones and all the pieces I have had. But they rate an A on my grading scale, and AVR and AVC rate an A+. I know at this point I would like a 5 stone H&A ring, but I know for sure I would rather have one with AV stones or a combination of a colored stone with AV sides (or a larger AV center and colored stone sides).

I think this is really good advice.
If I had a credit with a vendor, regardless of how I came to have it, I'd communicate with them, but take my time in selecting something. My guess is they will work with you on that time frame. They want you to be pleased with your final selection.
I'd also consider that vendor's strengths and try to benefit from them.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8865/

I like this diamond, what do you think?

I did talk to GOG, and they are fine with me taking my time. So I am looking at solitaires, I would like the largest as possible, plus I am a little concerned now with the color. Only because my skin coloring brought out the K coloring with the five AVC I owned briefly. I love the L, M colors but I am not sure if they are for me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you didn't like K, I am not sure why you'd look at an M????

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results