shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band ideas to go with this Gabriel setting?

TwinMomOC

Rough_Rock
Hi, I'm in the process of redoing my wedding set and have this Gabriel setting ordered but with a plain shank (I have a round center stone):

http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/ER7501W44JJ

I'm trying to get ideas for wedding bands. I might just wear my plain white gold band with the engagement ring for now, but would love something with more presence like a band with alternating baguettes/rounds or just baguettes.

I'm in love with the Beverly K. baguette/round band but it's out of my price range right now. My budget is around $2000 for the wedding band. I would also like something a bit different than an eternity with round stones. Any suggestions?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice setting! I like that - I don't think I've seen one which brings in baguettes before... interesting!!

If it were me, I think I'd try plain to start, while you adjust to the super bling factor of the gorgeous halo... and if that is not enough for you, I'd seek out a RB band - maybe 2pointers? - but not baguettes. I think you might find that while its a lovely accent in the ering, it could be too distracting beside a mainly RB band.

I know from my own experience with a 3 stone princess ring (see avatar) combined with RB's, if they are larger like in my 8 x .12 band, it didn't flow as well with the princess's but the micro pave band I have by DBL is PERFECT! As is the 7 stone FLY I wear with it. All to say - I'd stick with the mrb's to keep the design flow working.

oh - you did mention a combo of RB w BG ... like this? These are from IDJ and I tried them on while visiting in April.

From left - 1 & 3 would work for you! but I think #2 would distract from the ering.

img_1325.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TwinMomOC|1373305650|3479142 said:
Hi, I'm in the process of redoing my wedding set and have this Gabriel setting ordered but with a plain shank (I have a round center stone):

http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/ER7501W44JJ

I'm trying to get ideas for wedding bands. I might just wear my plain white gold band with the engagement ring for now, but would love something with more presence like a band with alternating baguettes/rounds or just baguettes.

I'm in love with the Beverly K. baguette/round band but it's out of my price range right now. My budget is around $2000 for the wedding band. I would also like something a bit different than an eternity with round stones. Any suggestions?

I agree with Enerchi. I really like the plain band with it. It's a unique setting that isn't seen every day, so I'd want it to stand out! :love: I love the band that's shown with it, and it's only $290!!! (so you're not out a ton of $$$ if you want to change later on) ;))

TwinMomOC

Rough_Rock
Enerchi|1373306887|3479163 said:
Nice setting! I like that - I don't think I've seen one which brings in baguettes before... interesting!!

If it were me, I think I'd try plain to start, while you adjust to the super bling factor of the gorgeous halo... and if that is not enough for you, I'd seek out a RB band - maybe 2pointers? - but not baguettes. I think you might find that while its a lovely accent in the ering, it could be too distracting beside a mainly RB band.

I know from my own experience with a 3 stone princess ring (see avatar) combined with RB's, if they are larger like in my 8 x .12 band, it didn't flow as well with the princess's but the micro pave band I have by DBL is PERFECT! As is the 7 stone FLY I wear with it. All to say - I'd stick with the mrb's to keep the design flow working.

oh - you did mention a combo of RB w BG ... like this? These are from IDJ and I tried them on while visiting in April.

From left - 1 & 3 would work for you! but I think #2 would distract from the ering.

Hi Enerchi, thanks for your suggestions regarding using round brilliants in the band to match the flow of the engagement ring's design. I love #3 from IDJ. I think that would be perfect! Do you remember if the price on that one was under $2000? Also, was that a full eternity?

My dream round/baguette band was this one (the one that was way over budget), but in looking at it again, I think it might be too busy. Plus it has milgrain, which my setting doesn't have:

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/162PP1/

Here is another round/baguette band I found. I couldn't find too many reviews on Pricescope for this vendor, but it is within budget:

http://www.markbroumand.com/085-baguette-cut-diamond-eternity-band__1500-1s299075/

TwinMomOC

Rough_Rock
msop04|1373308078|3479180 said:
I agree with Enerchi. I really like the plain band with it. It's a unique setting that isn't seen every day, so I'd want it to stand out! :love: I love the band that's shown with it, and it's only $290!!! (so you're not out a ton of $$$ if you want to change later on) ;))

Hi msop04, thanks for the suggestion on the plain band! I currently have a straight plain white gold band, but if I were to go the plain band route, do you think I should get the matching curved one from Gabriel? I'm pretty sure there would be a gap in between the engagement ring and my current band. The matching Gabriel one isn't too pricey and I do like how the set would sit flush together.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TwinMomOC|1373309287|3479200 said:
msop04|1373308078|3479180 said:

Hi msop04, thanks for the suggestion on the plain band! I currently have a straight plain white gold band, but if I were to go the plain band route, do you think I should get the matching curved one from Gabriel? I'm pretty sure there would be a gap in between the engagement ring and my current band. The matching Gabriel one isn't too pricey and I do like how the set would sit flush together.

Hey TwinMomOC! :wavey:
I would normally say to go for the straight band because I love a gap, but I love the fluidity of the curved band for this ring. I think it looks totally classy, rich, and refined with that setting. =)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
TwinmomOC. I can't remember the pricing, hell I can't remember my kids NAMES half the time...but just give Yuketiel a call and link to ths thread. He'll be able to tell you right away the pricing. Remind him it was Enerchis NYC visit! I think these were the last two he had because they were not in my size and he said he could not reorder. That was in April when I was in NYC so maybe by now things have changed and he can get more in other sizes. ( let me know! I'd love one in a size 8 ;)) !).

And yes all in that pic were full eternities. And they were WONDERFUL to wear and I think were all FG VS - what he calls his PS quality stones :D

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I like Enerchi's and your idea. A multiple shape band like this. I'm not suggesting this vendor specifically (Orospot store on Etsy), just the style - other designers have similar bands. The two shapes of stones compliment your setting without being too matchy matchy.

_7842.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results