Votes: 16 72.7%
  • 3.5mm (if possible)

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 4mm

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

xjsbellamias13

Shiny_Rock
Not sure if this is in the right location. Please move if not!

I'm having the worst time deciding between a 3mm or 4mm plain 18k yellow gold wedding band. I think that the 3 looks better with my engagement ring, but the 4 looks better without the engagement ring. I like the look of a more substantial wedding band when it is alone as well as paired with an engagement ring. Having said that, I'm not sure if the 4mm looks too wide/overwhelming in comparison to my engagement ring which is a bit under 2mm. My finger size is a 3.5. I think more than likely I'll end up earring my wedding band alone most times, but that's not to say I won't be taking out my engagement ring ever! Ideally I think a 3.5mm would be the perfect medium, but unfortunately those are so hard to find... I really didn't want to have to go a custom route. I found a stuller half round light band that I love, but just deciding on the 3 or 4mm size or possibly 3.5. I was going to call Tuesday and inquire if it would actually be possible to make that band in a 3.5mm. Honestly though, is a half mm going to make that much of a difference even :/ IMG_3289-2.JPG IMG_3291-2.JPG IMG_3293-2.JPG IMG_3292.JPG

I would LOVE your opinions please! What do you think looks best? Band will be in yellow gold but for the 3mm they only had a white gold one to try on. Another thing is the band may look weird in the pics cause they were definitely way too big for me which was making it so hard to get good pics and even try on with my engagement ring really. Also, my e-ring isn’t pushed close enough to the wedding band like it would be if it was sized properly. I will have a gap but it won’t be as much as it looks like in the pictures.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the 3mm...alone, and with your ER. A 3.5mm would be perfect in the sense that it will give you the presence on your hand, alone, yet, still compliment your ER, without overpowering it. If you decide to skip the 3.5mm, I like the 3mm better than the 4mm.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought 2 bands: a 2 mm to wear with my solitaire and a 3.8 to wear alone. They aren't plain metal like yours but I struggled with the same issue.

Akalahab

Shiny_Rock
I was going suggest the same thing as Tophat1! Can you get two? Ie. An even thinner one to match your ring and the wider one as a stand alone? Amazon has 2mm bands for $60.

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am also going with an 3.5 mm band. I found a bunch on eweddingbands which is great because I feel like it's a really good size; thick but not overwhelming.

totallyfree

Shiny_Rock
I like the 3mm to wear with your e-ring! (I have a 1mm band from ewedding bands and it feels 'substantial', as much as it can being so thin!)

I have also taken to wearing a 4-5mm band as a standalone, it's a completely different style and was purchased long before our engagement, but says married (almost!) two sizes larger than my e-ring so I can wear it when my fingies swell :roll

IMG_2429.JPG

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the wider band with your ring. You have nice longer fingers to carry the width.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Given that you want to have the flexibility to wear your wband alone -- and assuming you don't buy two (which is a great idea), I vote for the wider one. I wear my wedding band alone quite a bit. I really like the width at just under 5 mm. Your ering is narrow enough and you have lovely long finders that I think it looks great on you, so you can carry off the wider band. But, in the end it is really up to your comfort. Some people just don't feel comfortable with narrow (or wide) bands.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you dont want to buy 2 (you can get a 2 mm for probably around $120ish on-line), then I would go with the 3mm.

If it were me*, I would do 2. One 2mm and then 1 thicker (4mm).

xjsbellamias13

Shiny_Rock
I was going suggest the same thing as Tophat1! Can you get two? Ie. An even thinner one to match your ring and the wider one as a stand alone? Amazon has 2mm bands for $60.

I was thinking about getting both! You guys may have convinced me...lol

xjsbellamias13

Shiny_Rock
I love the wider band with your ring. You have nice longer fingers to carry the width.

Thank you :) I feel like I don't have nearly enough room on my fingers! That is very reassuring though. I truly do love the wider one.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try sarraf.com for wedding bands. I have a 5, 3, and 2mm. They are nice quality and inexpensive. E-weddingbands.com is also a good source. These will probably be affordable enough to get both!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just looked on Stuller for you and they do not make a comfort fit (IR series) in the 3.5mm wide, only 3 or 4. However, in the half round band (HR series) without comfort fit they do make a 3.5mm. The smallest size the ring can be ordered in is a 5, but your retailer can have Stuller size it for you, or perhaps they will prefer to size it themselves.

I tend to agree with those who state that with your wonderful long fingers you could wear both the engagement and the wedding ring in the wider 4mm, but YOU may well prefer the narrower 3 or 3.5, which is far more important than what we think.

Wink

P.S. In the wider rings, such as 4 and up, I think the inside round is a more comfortable ring.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With your beautiful fingers, you can carry off any size, but I actually like the thinner one on you. Sorry, no help am I? :roll2:

Sparkly2017

Rough_Rock
you have lovely hands. I prefer the thinner band :)

xjsbellamias13

Shiny_Rock
With your beautiful fingers, you can carry off any size, but I actually like the thinner one on you. Sorry, no help am I? :roll2:

haha any help is appreciated! :)

xjsbellamias13

Shiny_Rock
I just looked on Stuller for you and they do not make a comfort fit (IR series) in the 3.5mm wide, only 3 or 4. However, in the half round band (HR series) without comfort fit they do make a 3.5mm. The smallest size the ring can be ordered in is a 5, but your retailer can have Stuller size it for you, or perhaps they will prefer to size it themselves.

I tend to agree with those who state that with your wonderful long fingers you could wear both the engagement and the wedding ring in the wider 4mm, but YOU may well prefer the narrower 3 or 3.5, which is far more important than what we think.

Wink

P.S. In the wider rings, such as 4 and up, I think the inside round is a more comfortable ring.

Thank you! Yes I specifically wanted the light version of the half round as it makes it even more flat I believe, and my engagement ring is set pretty low so I didn't want anything rising up too much and covering the basket. I think at this point I may end up getting both, but if I had to choose one, I think I'll go with the 4mm!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results