shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band Help!

holly sparkle

Shiny_Rock
We are currently looking to get our wedding bands in the next few weeks and I'm hoping you could maybe help me with mine! My engagement ring is the BGD Nightingale - pic below.

All opinons are much appreciated.....

I originally wanted this http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5398

but someone said to me that it may not be as secure longterm as a channel set wedding band. I have no idea if this is true or not. Bottom line is I want to be able to wear it on a daily basis and there is no reliable jeweller where I live if I do lose a stone or anything.

I also want to get something to compliment my engagement ring and not overpower it. I'm a little concerned that a channel set wouldn't look right along side it. Please help!!!

holly sparkle

Shiny_Rock
my engagement ring...

3.JPG

fantasyxy

Rough_Rock
I was thinking similar things; In an accidental search on the forum today, I found some PSers said she once has a stone lost on an eternity band and BGD replaced it for free.
Personally I don't like the look of a chanel set together with the five stone. But I like the look of the bead-set, or the dream half eternity, novela matching, and precision matching diamond eternity band, all those on BGD website.......Waiting for someone knowledgeable to share some thoughts or show some pictures too.
I also think a plain band would look great under five stone too

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
I actually think a thin plain band would offset this nicely!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
do you plan to stack them?

holly sparkle

Shiny_Rock
Yeah I'll definately be stacking them. I've tried alot of plain bands in various sizes and something is missing. I think I need the bling :bigsmile:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
what about a scattered band?

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's a bad idea to stack eternity bands. There's a pretty good chance of damage between the diamonds unless they are bezel set.

holly sparkle

Shiny_Rock
Yeah I'm starting to think about getting a plain 2mm band. Nothing I've seen has been that thin though. Does anyone have any photos or anything similar to show me?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I answered on your other thread, but I can't see anything other than a plain band with your ring. I think you'd have to try some on to see what looks best. Remember that they will vary in thickness as well as width, so try several different ones on to get an idea what looks best.

fantasyxy

Rough_Rock
Could there be some 2mm scattered band? I've looked at scattered bands on WF and BGD and they all seem too wide or chunky (so it looks on their website; most don't have width info.) Does anyone have recommendations there?

holly sparkle

Shiny_Rock
Oh you guys you are killing me! I thought you would all be on the bling wagon with me ;( I'm officially looking into a plain band now though. I'm off work tomorrow so I'm heading to my local B&M to try on plain bands again - with an open mind this time! Thanks everyone for helping me out and I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I know its probably not what you want to hear, but I'm going to say a plain band too 8) I just can't picture a diamond band with it...

holly sparkle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for all your advise! Turns out you right about the plain band - it really is the only thing that looks well with my ering. A diamond band no matter how thin is too much, Thanks again, you guys are a great help!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holly, the reason I was thinking that is because Yssie chose plain to go with her three-stone e-ring. I think when there are multiple diamonds in the e-ring that cover the full width of the finger, it's almost like that is enough. A plain band is a compliment but does not take away from the diamond ring. I guess I sort of have that myself in that I chose a plain band on my e-ring and a diamond band for my wedding band. You'll have to post some pictures for us when you get the ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results