shape
carat
color
clarity

wearing gold and silver/white gold together

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laura2

Rough_Rock
Hi- I''d like to get some opinions. I just got a new wedding set in platinum. I used to have 14K gold. Not wanting to part with my old one, I sometimes wear it on my right hand, with the new one on the left hand. A friend says this is tacky to mix colors. How many of you with white gold or platinum wedding/e-rings don''t wear yellow gold (necklaces, earrings, etc). I still like my yellow gold pieces but I don''t want to have to give up wearing my new set when I have them on!

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
You know what I like to do to people who say that what I'm doing is tacky... (and their not joking)? I like to flick 'em in the forehead and tell 'em to bugger off.

That is unless I really am being tacky. But I reserve that for those actions that hurt actually other people's feelings.
5.gif

I say do whatever makes you happy.

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
Hi Laura - A good way to wear both platinum and yellow gold jewelry is to get a watch or bracelet that has a mixture of both in it. That will tie the different metals your wearing together.
9.gif

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 5/19/2004 5:22:59 PM verticalhorizon wrote:

You know what I like to do to people who say that what I'm doing is tacky... (and their not joking)? I like to flick 'em in the forehead and tell 'em to bugger off.

That is unless I really am being tacky. But I reserve that for those actions that hurt actually other people's feelings.
5.gif

I say do whatever makes you happy. ----------------

Do what VH says and flick them.
9.gif
I'll have to try that too.

microcarter

Rough_Rock
I got married 17 years ago and my wedding set is yellow gold. Since then I have acquired a lot of silver jewelry, most of them gifts from relatives. I don't take off my wedding rings just because I'm wearing the silver jewelry. No one has EVER told me that this looked tacky. Quite frankly anyone who would make such a potentially hurtful comment is the one being tacky.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I don't think it looks tacky whatsoever. And the watch idea is great to tie it together, especially for work. I just this weekend stacked my yellow gold RB eternity with my platinum princess eternity and people went nuts over it. They looked fabulous together. I can't believe I just thought of it--and it was an accident. It's like wine--those old strict rules about "white with fish, red with meat" are long gone. Do what you like and have fun--isn't that what jewelry is all about--FUN!
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey Jennifer-You'ld better watch it. You could blind someone with all that combined bling!!
2.gif

Nan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results