shape
carat
color
clarity

We lost our sweet little kitty today

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not really sure why I'm posting this, I suppose I just know there are a lot of big hearts on this forum, many of whom know the pain of losing a pet all too well.

Our 1 year old cat Pebbles was mainly an inside cat, but used to head outdoors on sunny days. I always thought she was really safe as we are at the end of a quiet court, well away from any major roads. She was always in for the night from about 5:30pm, but didn't come inside last night, for the first time ever, despite me calling and calling for her. I found her early this morning on our front lawn. We have no idea what happened to her. We think poison or a snake bite, but I guess we weill never know. All I know is that there are some very broken hearts in our house today.

She was such a sweet, cheeky little cuddlebug. She recently has her first birthday, so I feel so robbed of all the time we won't have with her. And it's so weird...yesterday morning as I was getting ready to go to work, I said goodbye to Pebbles and my 6 year old son suddenly burst into floods of tears. I was very taken aback and asked him what on earth was wrong. He told me he was sad, because cats don't live as long as people do, and that Pebbles would die some day soon. I told him no, no, she's just a baby, she will be here for years and years yet! And she passed away that night.

20190102_221121.jpg Rest peacefully, little puss.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Dandi.... I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs as you go through the pain of loss and having to help your son through this too.

AmethystHope

Rough_Rock
:cry2: @Dandi - I’m so sorry to hear about Pebbles. Heartbreaking and obviously it is going to be difficult for your young son to work through. Sending hugs to your family - hoping there is some comfort in fact that Pebbles came home (not knowing what happened to her might be even worse...). Bless.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @Dandi I’m so so sorry. That’s incredibly sad but at least you have her to bury and remember.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dando, I am sorry for your loss. Virtual (((hugs)))

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am so very sorry. It is especially hard when you lose them young, isn't it? All those years you miss out on. We lost our Lily at 10 months and it was so different than losing one of our kids we'd been able to spoil and adore for years. Pebbles was blessed with the time she had with you. And I know she'll be waiting for you across the rainbow bridge, and you'll be able to spoil and love her for eternity.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so, so sorry.....hugs to you and your family.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending hugs to you and your family.
It’s never easy losing a loved fur baby and so tragic that she was still young.
When your heart heals, please consider
I remember reading a wonderful written piece about the death of a dog, from the dogs perspective. It ended with the sentiment that “I know your heart now has a huge hole in it, so please fill it up again, I can’t take your love with me but I can ask that you give it to another”,
Sending more hugs.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so sad & my heart aches for your family. What an awful thing. Big hugs across the miles.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry to hear this. {{HUGS}}

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear this, take care and big hugs to you and your family. It’s sad to lose a beloved pet xx

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry :cry2: take care, it is always so hard to lose a member of the family.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
That poor baby :cry2:. It sounds like she was trying to get home to you guys. She must have loved your family very much. She may not have had a long life, but it sounds like she did have very happy life.

I am so sorry for your loss and my heart goes out to your son.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Oof I am so sorry :(

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sad! I'm so sorry to hear about this.:cry2:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet kitty. I’m sending you and your family so much love and hugs.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh that's so sad :cry2: sorry for your loss.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes our pets are our family members. I am so sorry for your families loss.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how heartbreaking! So sorry! :cry2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry, Dandi. I didn't want to open this thread. I didn't want my own heart to break. But I couldn't pass it by. I have lost too many pets and suffered a broken heart too many times to walk by and ignore yours. I hope you and your family heal. May Pebbles rest in peace.

Hugs,
Deb

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so very sorry... I'm just heartbroken for you, @Dandi. :cry2:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry for your loss.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry :(

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry for you and your little boy. It hurts so much, not just the loss of your sweet kitty, but having to see your child heartbroken. I hope you are able to find comfort in the good memories you had with Pebbles.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dandi - I'm so very sorry for you and your family on the loss of your dear kitty. Big hugs and warm thoughts to you. ox

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry for your loss Dandi.

Q

Queenie60

I'm sorry for your loss. It's difficult to lose a pet so tragically. I lost one of my babies back in November, she drowned in our Jacuzzi. I'm still trying to get over the guilt.

Many hugs to you and your family.

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My condolences. It's so hard to lose a pet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results