shape
carat
color
clarity

We have the ring and I;m in love with it

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Since my partner and I started talking about getting engaged, and I promply started thinking about the associated sparkly things, I have changed my mind a million times as to what I wanted. I started at Ashers then princess 3 stones, then ovels and cushion cuts and to round cathederal solitares and then rubover settings. We've broused every jewerly shop we've walked past, talked to the jewelers about what would suit me, but I still couldn't pin point what I acually wanted.

Adding to this, our budget wasn't huge. We both decided early on that all the 3 or 2 months sallary rules are rediculos for a young couple like us yet to buy their first home. So, my choices were limited.

We decided to drive to an outlet mall last monday to have a look around for end of season clothing bargins and after almost a lap of the mall we found the outlet of a very reputable jewlery shop. I had no idea they had an outlet shop.

We went in for a brouse and started trying things on for fun, as I was still trying to get an idea of what suited me, not seriously looking to purchase anything yet.

And then he pulled out the most beautiful ring I have seen in any shop, so much more special and unique then anything else we'd seen. I fell in love *swoon*. It was a three stone ring in white gold, the center stone a .73 ct SI1 M coloured peachy pink pear shape with two . 18 brilliant oval SI1 H side stones. So NOT what I thought I had wanted, but so very me and sooooo pink! and SOOOOOOOO sparkley! and way, way belove valuation price ( as in, below half price, so JUST over our budget). We left to talk it over and resist the urge to impulse buy, but the thought of some one else snapping it up made me want to cry so an hour lafter we were back.

They knocked abit more off the price as my partner cheakly requested (he would batter with God himself if given the chance) , and it is being re shanked in rose gold to bring out the pinky colour of the center daimond for no charge, and the rose gold looks amazing with my skin tone *sigh*. I'm waiting to get it back from the jewlers and will be perminantly anxious till it's back.

As the ring purchase was abit premature, I have a while to wait before I can wear it (atleast 6 months), but it wil be well worth the wait.

I'm SOOOOOO excited, I LOVE it!
30.gif
I promise pics as soon as it's acutally mine.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh, it will be worth the wait. It sounds very pretty!
36.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh...it sounds gorgeous!! I hope you come back with pics!!!

And I also agree that the 3-month salary rule (if maybe it''s a myth?) is crazy. I would never let me BF spend that kind of money on jewelry for me!
23.gif
I also wouldn''t turn it down though....
2.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
do come back w/ your engagement story! Congrats!
36.gif

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how exciting! can''t wait to see pictures!
36.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Sounds really pretty. Can''t wait to see it in six months'' time!

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
yay! sounds lovely, cant wait for the pics
36.gif

WistfulAurora

Shiny_Rock
I can''t wait to see pictures it sounds beautiful!!!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Very exciting! I can''t wait to see pics and hear about your engagement story :)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I can''t wait to see it!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I have a friend who is a firm beliver in the 3 month salary rule.
She dosn''t currently have a serious bf but I feel sorry for her future fiance!

I don''t think a man should have to spend 1/4 of a years salary and potentially go into debt for a peice of jewlery, as drool worthy as those larger peices are!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results