We have an amazing piece of Jade

RWozney

Rough_Rock
My wife acquired this piece many years ago and don't
know where to find a value for it. I have searched Google
trying to find places but I have found nothing. Is there
someone on here that knows a lot about Jade and can help
with this for us? :D I can add images for this if there is someone
that can help Just don't want to waist anyone's time.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This looks like Nephrite Jade (not Jadeite Jade). Cannot comment on the value, Nephrite Jade is not expensive but it's a pretty piece.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nephrite jade definitely. Nephrite jade can be very expensive, depending on color purity, grain and translucence. Jade from small and famous areas are beautiful and hard to come by. Examples include the true ‘mutton fat’ cream variety from the Himalayas, ( though there are many inexpensive varieties which are sold as mutton fat, Edward’s Black from Wyoming, True Apple Green from Wyoming, some Siberian, in its highest qualities in both cream and green color, and some from other small and / or inaccessible or small mines. However, most nephrite is plentiful and very affordable. With nephrite, most is inexpensive, with just a few exceptions. Lower qualities and more plentiful material usually has great strength for carving and can be quite lovely when made artistically . Your piece is of a more common variety, which is a easily found. Therefore, it’s not an expensive piece, but pretty none the less.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results