shape
carat
color
clarity

we have a date and a venue!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well, we decided on a date and a venue...we will be married May 27, 2012 at the Four Seasons in Austin. I am so excited (and now I have to start finding other vendors!)

brittany0613

Rough_Rock
That's close to ours! We are getting married on the 24th. It's a Thursday, but it's in Vegas so it doesn't matter what day of the week it is. :)

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very exciting!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
How exciting!

Congrats! Have any pics of the venue?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yes! this is my favorite picture :)

fourseasons2.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
slg, that's a STUNNING venue! And your dress will be PERFECT for it!

Congrats on booking your date and venue!!! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1295894980|2831601 said:
slg, that's a STUNNING venue! And your dress will be PERFECT for it!

Congrats on booking your date and venue!!! :appl:

thanks vc! In the end that was the venue that worked the best for us...I'm starting to get excited :) :) :)

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
SWOON!!! That ceremony will be just dreamy!

And Austin is such a fun city. So many awesome rehearsal dinner possibilities!

Wow! What a great photo. Congrats again. :)

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Hi fellow Austinite! :wavey:

The Four Seasons is an awesome venue. My sister was considering them back when she was planning her wedding. I went with her to check it out, and thought it was beautiful!

Is this the same venue that's having another event on the same day (from your other thread)? If so, were you able to work it out with them?

Let me know if you need any help when you start looking for your other venues! I love helping others plan. :cheeky:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh wow! hi fellow Austinite :) unfortunately the Four Seasons is the venue that has another event that Sunday...but we are thinking we will just start later. Unfortunately there are not a lot of venues that are 1) downtown 2) accommodate both outdoor ceremony and indoor reception and 3) hold ~150 people

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
I really hope they'll be able to work out a good timeline for you. Did they tell you how long it's going to take for them to clean up the earlier event? And are they sure that event won't run late?

If you're having your ceremony outside, then that may give them more time to clean up and set up the reception room too. I think most venues give 2 hours for vendors to set up the room, so keep in mind how much time your potential florist needs to set everything up and other things like table linens/settings, lighting, cake, etc.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I emailed them...but basically they said that the other event would be done by 4:30. still waiting to hear back though about all of the details.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
slg47|1296170573|2835106 said:
I emailed them...but basically they said that the other event would be done by 4:30. still waiting to hear back though about all of the details.
I think you'll be fine. One to thing to ask, however, is whether 4:30 is the stated end time of the prior event, or if that includes a buffer. That might help ease your mind (or make you argue more with them!), but either way you'll have more knowledge to make the best decision about the event.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry|1296171365|2835118 said:
slg47|1296170573|2835106 said:
I think you'll be fine. One to thing to ask, however, is whether 4:30 is the stated end time of the prior event, or if that includes a buffer. That might help ease your mind (or make you argue more with them!), but either way you'll have more knowledge to make the best decision about the event.

OK, so I heard back

The other group is an annual event and they know that they don't have the option of running late. Their guests would be gone by 4:30 and we'd start set up then. The only thing that could potentially be tight is if we had to move inside for the ceremony due to bad weather. Everything else is fine and with the set up you're envisioning, I don't think you'll have a hard time getting it all done.

I think it will work out! it's unfortunate but we really want this date and this venue...so...hopefully it will be all good.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results