shape
carat
color
clarity

We got a kitten :-)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meet Alex!! :bigsmile: We have no idea what he is. They think he's just shy of five months, and he's a completely adorable bundle of energy ::)

We've been talking about getting a fourth cat but we'd been holding off.

I was visiting a friend in NYC last Saturday and DH called me to say that he was at Petsmart and they were having a sale on litter, and that they had some cats in from a local shelter and the littlest one was a total cuddlebug ::)

I said that's nice, and to take some photos, and to absolutely not come home with a cat because we're not fully settled in yet, our cats are still adjusting to having moved across the country, we might never see our ex-stray Mina again, and that I wanted an older cat anyway, when we were ready...

He said that he'd promised the volunteers that he'd bring me in tomorrow so we should at least go meet him.

We brought him home Sunday afternoon :bigsmile:

I was right about Mina, she wants nothing to do with him! She adjusted okay to living with Gretta and Garett though and they all cuddle together so we think she'll be okay with a bit more time. Garett's coming 'round - they chase foil balls together, though he has no patience for the little guy playing catch with his tail (you'd think at 4lbs he'd have the sense not to antagonize the 15pounder - apparently not! :cheeky: ). Yesterday Gretta curled up with him and groomed him to sleep :love: :love: :love: I was really worried that our three would change personalities but so far they seem just fine with *us*, and alone with each other, so I think we're okay on that front!

::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex1.png
Alex2.png
Alex3.png
Alex4%20copy.png
Alex5.png
Alex6.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
snuggling with Gretta

AlexGrettaB.png
Alex7.png

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
He's precious. And the pics of the two cats cuddling are adorable :love: Congrats on your new furbaby!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yassie..... :love: love him. Love his markings. He looks like he is wearing a tux!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, his markings make hime "tuxedo" by definition of black and white. cute cute cute!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Impossibly cute--thanks for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

portia

Brilliant_Rock
He's so adorable!! That last photo is too cute!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo I'm a sucker for black and white kitties! (well, sucker for kitties in general!) He's too cute, your Alex! Gretta looks like my Britta. 'Cept Britta in 7 months still hasn't accepted Chucknorris and Opilio..Gretta is more accepting!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
AWWWWWWWWW what a little snuggle baby!!! The pic of him snuggling with Gretta is ridiculously cute!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is definitely hard to not fall in love with a cute furball!!! Love the cuddle photo with Gretta!!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Just adorable-thanks for sharing!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
awwwwwww, Yssie!!! He is beautiful. :love:
I am so happy for the darling kitten and for you guys! What a lucky kitten and what a great future he is going to have now! So happy for all of you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

chupiechow

Rough_Rock
Wow it looks like it was meant to be. He is too cute!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Oh stop! That picture of the two cuddling asleep is too, too sweet! He is so adorable. I am jealous!

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
Oh he is gorgeous Yssie! We only have the one boy, and would love to get him a sister, but don't know how he would handle it. Seeing those two together makes me rethink!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, everyone!!! I love him to bits already ::)

Tuxedo - that's it exactly!

That last pic is right before Gretta climbed right on top of him and settled in (and she's 12lbs!!)

Packy - Gretta was none too happy at first, her maternal instict apparently came out finally! Garett tolerates him now, Mina is quite obviously displeased with the situation :sick: I suppose if there's hope for Mina there's hope for Britta!

Glam - I think it definitely depends on the cats! Gretta is generally very laid-back - she was first to accept her new home as a kitten, first to accept Mina, first to recover from the move, so it's not really a surprise. And what Gretta does Garett eventually follows! If Mina doesn't come to terms with him we'll have to re-introduce I think, I'm hoping it won't come to that because neither of us is really home enough!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful kitty. :love: :love: :love:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, he's so cute, Yssie! I love the pics of Alex and Gretta snuggling.

Packrat, have a cat named Chucknorris?! That's awesome! :bigsmile:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Kitten!!! SO cute, Love and want one but FI is allergic to them :blackeye:

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
What a handsome fella, Yssie! In my experience, these things have a way of working themselves out. Whenever I've brought a new cat/kitten in, I have about a 2 or 3 day period of saying "what have I done?!!!" because it upsets the delicate balance that is my household. However, after a couple of days, everyone seems to settle down and figure out how they fit in the new dynamic. And by that time, I wonder how I ever got along without the new one! Looks like Alex is going to be right at home.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope Mina starts to come around soon! I dunno about Britta..she's been Queen B for so long..she snarls and just boxes the crap out of them..and they purposely stalk her so it's kinda funny to watch.

Zoe, we do! Longhaired, kind of a white w/orange shimmery fur.. Big ole tomcat..and lazy. He's not into kickin ass like his namesake.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Aw he is so cute! I love little furbabies!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
KITTY!!!!!!

So adorable. Its fantastic that they're snuggling together like old pals.

You make me want more kitteh's.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Look at those whiskers! Adorable, what a cutie...especially love the last photo!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, so cute!!! :appl: We had a cat that looked almost just like him other than she was all black with white markings.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Yssie on the adorable new addition to your pride. He has the best whiskers evah.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I love kitties! :appl:

Your torty reminds me of our Sandy, who passed away last year. She was a sweetie.

I love the snuggle bugs photos! Awwww!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AW!!!! He's so handsome Yssie!! And Gretta is stunning! What beautiful kitties :love:

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Need new cat. Must resist. Nyarrgh...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results