shape
carat
color
clarity

We adopted a kitten

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
So, most of you know that we already have 2 cats. 2 Maine Coons - Peanut (12) and Tinkerbell (9 in July). Well, this past weekend, we adopted a 9 month old kitten and it so much fun to have a baby around! She has so much energy and we just love her!

Meet Maui. Her backstory is that she was found as a stray in a field with her littermate at 26 days old. They all tested positive for Pan-Leuk (Distemper) and she's the only one that survived. After surviving that she developed pneumonia and survived that as well. She's a miracle kitty and I fell in love with her at first sight!

Peanut and Tinkerbell are still adjusting to the new addition. They are curious but not being aggressive. Tinkerbell seems a little upset to have her role as the sole female stripped from her, as she's being a bit standoffish. Peanut is so big that he knows he can be intimidating so he sometimes blocks doorways and hallways and Maui has to rush by him with a little hiss. Maui is still trying to establish her hierarchy in the household but I'm confident that things will all work out soon.

We never thought we'd be a 3 cat household but here we are, loving it!

When I first met her at PetCo. Her name was Mystique then.
Maui6.jpg
The pic that the adoption agency had on their FB page.
Maui5.jpg
Exploring the bathroom.
Maui4.jpg
Coming Home!
Maui3.jpg
She LOVES the cat tree!
Maui2.jpg
Look at that paw!!!!
Maui1.jpg

Last edited:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Here she is laying on me on Monday (we adopted her on Saturday). I wasn't feeling well and cats can always sense that.

Maui 7.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!!! Fur babies are such blessings!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats. She's a cutie. It's better for all the cats if you follow a standard 2-week quarantine before introductions. Gives all the cats a chance to get acclimated to each other, especially the new one who needs time to get used to the sights, sounds, smells of the new home. I've attached a piece I prepared for my peeps on a savannah cat forum.

Attachments

• Introducing Cats edited[1] (8).pdf
    75 KB · Views: 52

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cutie. Congratulations on the new addition to the family!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it's very easy to see why you fell in love. She's a little beauty!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh sweet! We're a 3 kitty family too...took my 2 older kitties about 3 weeks to get used to the new kitty and start ignoring him
instead of reacting to him. They all get along fine now. Sometimes 2 of them play together but dont let them know you're watching
or they'll stop...my 2 older ones think they're too cool to play! :D

Congrats on your new kitty!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a beautiful group! Much success to you and your brood as ya'll figure things out.

Of course Miss Maui's regal profile against the "Tiffany" colored walls...is priceless. Good on ya.

cheers--Sharon

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! We are in love! Matata, we are aware of the introduction process and have followed it with both Peanut and EQ and Tinkie and Peanut in the past. We did attempt to quarantine Maui to our living room when we brought her home but we quickly realized she is an expert climber/jumper and got over the barricade in mere seconds. We have video of it, actually. I was home for 3 days when we brought her home and Peanut and Tinks are VERY laid back so I decided to take a chance considering we have so much room in our house and I knew I would be around to supervise. It's been going well so far. I appreciate your input, though. I can't even imagine what it's like with Savannahs! :-o

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She looks very contented, congrats!

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
She's beautiful! Congratulations. It sounds like she's fierce, and has overcome the odds. I'm sure she will settle into your family quite nicely.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such pretty kitties!
And I love that name! Maui is my favorite place.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:saint::love::dance: Miss Maui is beautiful!! I love all the pics but especially the pic where Maui is in the igloo-thingie and Peanut and Tinker bell seem to be conferring: "Who the hell is THAT?"

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww what a sweetie!!!:love: Congratulations on your new addition to the family Lil Misfit! So happy for all of you!!!!

Q

Queenie60

Cute cat! Congratulations on your new addition!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cute!!! Love the markings and the face..and everything else! She looks like a big kitty!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an adorable little fur baby!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's gorgeous! Than you for saving her.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! She's a beautiful sweetheart.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results