shape
carat
color
clarity

We added a new member to our family...a furry one!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
We have added a new member to our family. Two weeks ago, we got a 12 week old Maine Coon Cat kitten. Her name is Liza Mae and she is a silver patched classic tabby with white. This describes both her color [silver patched with white] and pattern [classic tabby]. She is affectionate and playful and has turned the house into chaos! We haven't had a kitten in 13 years and had forgotten how much they get into everything! The introduction to our Cavalier, Charlie, was rocky, at first. This mild tempered, passive dog turned into a barking fiend. We followed a behavioral process, which worked wonders within a few days. Now that they have been together for two weeks, they are playing together and we are all sleeping in the same bed. They bump noses and I have seen them give their toys to each other. This has been such a joy for us. I want to thank Gemgirl, for all her encouragement and support. She is the official Auntie to Liza Mae :)) I have a lot of pics, so here they come...

ETA: These pics were taken by the breeder, at her home, before we meet Liza.

Liza.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Hello, it's nice to meet you...

Liza%20Mae%202.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Please get me my food...

Liza%20Mae%204.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
This pic shows her coloring. The patching on her white fur looks apricot in color. On her silver fur, it appears to be more brown...

Patched%20tabby%20coloring.jpg

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
RS,

She is just adorable! Give her a big squeezy hug from me! :wavey:

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Another shot to show the color pattern...

Liza%20Mae%20coloring.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
facial structure...

0013%20-%20Copy.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Ears R Us. Maine Coons have rather large ears. It's part of the breed standard. Liza is on the left. I hope that you have enjoyed meeting our new girl. She is everything we had hoped for :))

0019%20-%20Copy.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
She's so incredibly lovely! I have a huge soft spot for Maine Coons, a friend's family that adopted me for a few years when I was a kid had a gorgeous Maine Coon. And my current cat, Rat, by some random mutt-cat genetic accident came out looking exactly like a (mini) Maine Coon, very shaggy with enormous ear and footy tassels. So cute!

Her patterning is very cool. I love her apricoty patches!

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! What made you decide on this breed of cat, or to go with a breeder?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous girl! Congratulations on your new addition! I love her little face and her coloring (especially that apricot patch!) is gorgeous! I love Maine Coons-I have a naughty Maine Coon girl myself and she has such a personality. I'm so glad you found a new family member!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
susimoo said:
RS,

She is just adorable! Give her a big squeezy hug from me! :wavey:

I will most certainly give her a hug from you, susimoo :))

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love her!!! She's just gorgeous!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
LittleGreyKitten said:
She's so incredibly lovely! I have a huge soft spot for Maine Coons, a friend's family that adopted me for a few years when I was a kid had a gorgeous Maine Coon. And my current cat, Rat, by some random mutt-cat genetic accident came out looking exactly like a (mini) Maine Coon, very shaggy with enormous ear and footy tassels. So cute!

I have loved Maine Coons since my first MC boy came into my life 21 years ago. They truly are gentle giants. No matter that I found Liza climbing up my lampshade the other day :o She's quite clever for being so young! They are wonderful companions.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2 said:
What a gorgeous girl! Congratulations on your new addition! I love her little face and her coloring (especially that apricot patch!) is gorgeous! I love Maine Coons-I have a naughty Maine Coon girl myself and she has such a personality. I'm so glad you found a new family member!

Thank you, thing 2 :)) I think that the girls are naughtier than the boys. My boy, Woody, was so laid back and my Abby was a little terror, at times. She was the best lap cat, I have to say. I still miss them both dearly.

Liza seems filled with both sweetness and spunk. We are so fortunate to have her with us.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh said:
Love her!!! She's just gorgeous!!

Thank you, Kaleigh :)) It took a lot to get to this point, but I'm so glad we got here. She is a "heart warmer."

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
She's beautiful! :love:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
OMG what a face! :love: :love: :love: Congrats!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
risingsun said:
LittleGreyKitten said:

I have loved Maine Coons since my first MC boy came into my life 21 years ago. They truly are gentle giants. No matter that I found Liza climbing up my lampshade the other day :o She's quite clever for being so young! They are wonderful companions.
OMG a lampshade?! Precocious little critter! I seriously wish I could squish her she's so ridiculously adorable.

My MC lookalike bebeh is a big climber- anywhere up to 7 feet straight up is fair game for him. He was up to SO MUCH no-goodness last night- ate a hunk out of the bouquet my husband gave me which I'd had to put on top of the fridge (like that stopped him), yacked it up all down the hall, and then when I was cleaning it up, ate some more and knocked the vase over and then hurled yet again all over the newly-hurl-free hallway. They're lucky they're cute some days!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Nashville said:

I have had a Maine Coon cat in my life for the past 21 years. When my daughter and I decided to get a cat, we sat down together to choose a breed we thought would be a good fit for our family. The Maine Coon's loving and stable temperament was a big plus. In addition, they are not a demanding cat and can be quite independent. They do well with dogs and children. We wanted to know as much as possible about the personality, health, and development of the breed as possible. I am a strong supporter of ethical breeders. They are in the cat fancy for the betterment of the breed, not the money. They work toward improving the health of their cats and health test the parents, as well as the kittens. No kitten that they breed is unwanted or placed into a shelter. The contract between breeder and buyer states that if you are ever unable to keep your cat, you are to return him or her to the breeder. I am not prepared to say anymore on this topic on Liza's thread. We recently had a very acrimonious discussion about this topic and I won't participate in another.

Both of my Maine Coon cats died this year. Woody, our boy, was 21. He was a grand old cat, who died of old age. Abby, our 13 y.o. girl, died suddenly of pancreatitis in April. She became ill and within 10 days, she was gone. It has taken me quite some time to be able to decide to have another cat. Liza is a celebration for me.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
risingsun said:
Nashville said:

I have had a Maine Coon cat in my life for the past 21 years. When my daughter and I decided to get a cat, we sat down together to choose a breed we thought would be a good fit for our family. The Maine Coon's loving and stable temperament was a big plus. In addition, they are not a demanding cat and can be quite independent. They do well with dogs and children. We wanted to know as much as possible about the personality, health, and development of the breed as possible. I am a strong supporter of ethical breeders. They are in the cat fancy for the betterment of the breed, not the money. They work toward improving the health of their cats and health test the parents, as well as the kittens. No kitten that they breed is unwanted or placed into a shelter. The contract between breeder and buyer states that if you are ever unable to keep your cat, you are to return him or her to the breeder. I am not prepared to say anymore on this topic on Liza's thread. We recently had a very acrimonious discussion about this topic and I won't participate in another.

Both of my Maine Coon cats died this year. Woody, our boy, was 21. He was a grand old cat, who died of old age. Abby, our 13 y.o. girl, died suddenly of pancreatitis in April. She became ill and within 10 days, she was gone. It has taken me quite some time to be able to decide to have another cat. Liza is a celebration for me.

Thank you for this info. I wasn't trying to spark a debate by asking you a question. We've been tentatively researching different pet breeds in our house for a few months now (we have a LO), so the subject is of interest to me ATM. Sorry!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add this pic. Liza is showing her concentration as she takes a go at her scratching post :o

scratching%20%20post.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Nashville said:
risingsun said:
Nashville said:

Thank you for this info. I wasn't trying to spark a debate by asking you a question. We've been tentatively researching different pet breeds in our house for a few months now (we have a LO), so the subject is of interest to me ATM. Sorry!

No, I'm sorry I jumped to a conclusion :oops: I hope that the information that I wrote about the Maine Coon breed and ethical breeders, in general, is helpful to you. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have about taking this path. What is an LO, if I may ask :confused:

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
A "LO" is a "little one!" :bigsmile: We'd love an animal (no preference, ethical breeder is fine, shelter is fine too) that's good for families. I'm stuck on the idea of a dog, my husband is a cat lover and I have a feeling we will probably end up with a kitty AND a dog at some point. Your cat seems really sweet looking, so of course when you mentioned it was a good family breed, that caught my attention. I'm very intrigued by Scottish folds and Russian Blues as well.

I love how playful she looks!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Zoe and ckrickett :)) Liza must think that she's a pretty girl, too, as she loves to look at herself in the mirror...I wonder what she sees ::)

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on the new addition! My first cat (now 19!) is a MC and they are my favorite breed. I think they're perfect for a family. Your kitty is adorable!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
LittleGreyKitten said:
risingsun said:
LittleGreyKitten said:

OMG a lampshade?! Precocious little critter! I seriously wish I could squish her she's so ridiculously adorable.

My MC lookalike bebeh is a big climber- anywhere up to 7 feet straight up is fair game for him. He was up to SO MUCH no-goodness last night- ate a hunk out of the bouquet my husband gave me which I'd had to put on top of the fridge (like that stopped him), yacked it up all down the hall, and then when I was cleaning it up, ate some more and knocked the vase over and then hurled yet again all over the newly-hurl-free hallway. They're lucky they're cute some days!

She launches herself from the top of her scratching post to reach higher places, too :shock: My daughter took in a cat that sounds like your bebeh. We cared for her for several months and found her on top of the china cabinet [8 ft tall], perched on top of an open closet door, and other places that kittehs should not be!! Sorry to hear about the yacking and hurling. My dog likes to chew on the kitten's "deadies"! I've had to go into his mouth and pull out one deadie and one jingle ball. The cloth mice are of no interest to him, but those little fur guys are very seductive. They only come out for play under strict supervision, now!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations! She looks adorable!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
chemgirl said:
Congratulations on the new addition! My first cat (now 19!) is a MC and they are my favorite breed. I think they're perfect for a family. Your kitty is adorable!

MCC's are wonderful family pets. After they have matured, they are quite a sturdy lot, too. Many congrats on your 19 year old MC. Liza has taken herself upstairs because it is our nap time. I must join the little miss.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, Marian, she's beautiful!!! I've always loved Maine Coons, and Liza is a gorgeous example of the breed! Thank you for sharing her pics with us! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results