shape
carat
color
clarity

Watch Winder recommendations?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wasn't sure where to ask this, as I've been posting in the jewelry forum, but this isn't a jewelry item.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a watch winder? TGuy and I need one for our watches and would need one that houses two watches.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i love my triple head Obita winder. i can program it to run different number of TPD on each head.don't waste your money on a chinese made winder they are noise and don't last very long.

azax.jpg

koi 074.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to Google watch winder.
In case you also don't know what a watch winder is, I'll save you the Googling . . .

Self winding watches get "wound" by the movement of your wrist.
If you don't wear it the watch runs out and stops.
These winders apparently have motor thingies that move and "wind" your watches while you are not wearing them.

Here's one that can wind all 20 of your unworn Swiss watches.
Only $21,500 and free shipping if you are on a tight budget.

http://www.brookstone.com/20-module-briarwood-watch-winder-rotobox-underwood?bkiid=SubCategory_Bedroom_Jewelry___Watches_Watch_Winders|SubCategoryWidget|715599p&catId=

715599p.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL DF and Kenny...I don't think our collection will get there any time soon.

DF, anything you own, I take it to be quality. I'll check it out, but I have a feeling it will be pretty pricey. I don't have a budget yet, but I'm looking for something that will do the job, but not necessarily the "best". Basically, something somewhat budget! I haven't researched this at all yet, so I will do more in the next week. I have heard that the cheapie ones are pretty useless though.

Thank you both!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i paid $650 for mine,but that was like 8 yrs ago. keep your eyes on Ebay for a nice used one.. ;)) they last forever. they are made in N. Carolina with Swiss made motors. Orbitas are Ex mid range priced winders.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like to volunteer to wear any luxury watches & be a human watch winder! (Postage to & fro not included in my offer) :wink2:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought one for my husband.. it holds two watches and I paid around $550.00 for it... I will have to go back and look up the name.. it was a swiss company and I ordered it on line... so far so good and it is beautiful. I am traveling and will be back home on Wednesday.. so I will check... I would be careful with a used one.. I did some research and they do burn out.. in fact some feedback I found on some of them on Amazon were where people had returned them because they didn't keep working very long or if you are going to put a man's watch in the winder some were too small for the larger watches.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I picked up a double winder from Brookstone for my DH. It had good reviews that seemed competitive to some of the higher end models.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Traveling... I bought the Steinhauser for my husband. I bought the double watch winder. Good luck shopping..there are abinch out there. My second choice was the winder Mayors carries..,,

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results