shape
carat
color
clarity

Washer and Dryer Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
My fiance and I recently bought and moved into a house, and my parents generously gifted us with 2k as a housewarming gift, with the instructions to buy ourselves a washer and dryer.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I''m trying to do some research, but I''m not sure where to start! I think we''re going to want to go with a top-loading washer though. The price range for washers and dryers goes from so cheap to so expensive - what are you getting for all that extra $$? I guess I''m also asking - what, to you, makes a washer/dryer better?

Thanks so much!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
want me to look up what consumer reports says for you?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2008 5:35:23 PM
Author: Skippy123
want me to look up what consumer reports says for you?
Well, I didn''t look up specific model numbers but there is a very good free presentation on the consumer reports website about front loaders versus top loaders. Just a quick note from the video is that front loaders take longer to wash the clothes but do the least damage and clean better than top loaders but are more expensive. The top loaders do not clean as well (they talk about all the testing they do in the video to come up with their conclusion, just as an fyi).

We have a front loader and love it; also your local water authority might give you a rebate for buying an energy efficient front loader; I think in our city you save $100? I can''t remember, but something you might look into as an incentive to buy the front loader; also we have had our front loader for 10 years!!!! You can use less laundry detergent in the front loader, I buy the Tide HE.

Okay, for the front loaders in reliability the top 2 are Whirlpool and LG

the top 2 in reliability for the top loaders are Roper and Frigidaire

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i can highly recommend whirlpool.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i bought LG frontloads 4 years ago and absolutely love them.

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results