shape
carat
color
clarity

Was this a good choice?

Z0827

Rough_Rock
Hi all - I've been lurking and using the information/tools on this site for a few months now. I just finally made a purchase of a setting and diamond, and wanted to double check that it was a good choice.

It probably would have been a better idea to post this earlier, but my itchy finger got the better of me. I did quite a bit of research, and it looked good to me, based on what I read. The HCA score was 3.6.

My budget for the stone was about $2800 (this came in a little under that). After researching, and plugging all of the potentials into the HCA, this turned out to be the best rated there.

And I should add, this is a round diamond.

Carat - .72
Color - F
Clarity - VS1
Cut/Polish/Symmetry - Excellent
Girdle - Medium/Slightly Thick
Depth - 62.8
Table - 55
Crown Angle - 36
Paviion Angle - 40.8

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish you had posted before ordering. Stones that are worth considering have an HCA score of 2.0 or less. That stone is very deep and likely faces up in diameter smaller than it should. If you can cancel, I highly recommend it if you care about getting a well cut stone. You aren't going to find us recommending stones with those measurements or HCA scores over about 2.5 but preferably under 2.0.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are measurements to help you stay in ideal cut territory with a GIA excellent cut stone.

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0 (up to 35.5 crown angle can sometimes work with a 40.6 pav angle)

pavilion angle: 40.6-40.9 (sometimes 41.0 if the crown angle is close to 34)

Z0827

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the feedback! I am able to swap out the diamond for another one.

I did have to make a choice rather quickly, and I spent a bit more, not much at all, and was able to get the HCA score down to 1.8.

Below were the numbers for the new diamond.

Round Cut
Carat - .7
Clarity - VS1
Cut/Polish/Symetry - Excellent
Depth - 62.3
Girdle - Medium / Slightly Thick
Culet - None
Table - 56
Crown Angle 0 36
Paviion Angle - 40.6

Z0827

Rough_Rock
I did notice the crown angle was higher the recommendation, but within the budget, and keeping it the same size, this was the best of the bunch that I could find.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results