shape
carat
color
clarity

Was there a PS'er on my flight from Maui to Phoenix?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
DH and I just spent an amazing week in Maui (our second time) celebrating his 40th birthday and whilst sitting in the airport at Kahului last night waiting to go home there was a woman across from me with the most amazing ring - it was an oval, easily 6-8 carats with traps on the sides, probably 2-3 each. She was sitting with her husband and had a monogrammed leather bag with DBD on it. Her ring was incredibly sparkly and beautiful and I wanted to say something, but sometimes you just don't know how people will react to that sort of thing. I even tried to get a pic, but she was reading a book and her left hand was not always in view. Plus, DH told me to stop being a stalker. LOL

Just wondering if it was a PS'er. She did smile at me a few times, as I'm sure she noticed me ogling her precious. :Up_to_something: Maybe she recognized me?

So...was it one of you????? (not you, DF! LOL)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit, I had to chuckle at your post. I am always checking out other people's jewelry and I am sure sometimes they think I'm stalking their bling. The ring sounds amazing. I am glad you had a wonderful trip.

Marcy

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit,
Well, sad to say, it wasn't me. I don't wear my diamonds on vacation. And my diamond is nowhere near that size!!!
I have been in the Kahului airport many times, waiting for our flight home, all sunburned, and with tears in my eyes.
Sitting in that airport is the absolute pits, 'cause who wants to leave Paradise?????

Where did you stay? We like the Kahana area.
Sometimes, I go to the Napili Kai webcam just to look at the beach and *sigh*

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1448237650|3952902 said:
So...was it one of you????? (not you, DF! LOL)
Nope, not me!..can't afford a vacation.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live in Arizona, it *should* have been me!!!!!

(Lil Misfit, I did not know you're from Arizona too, assuming this was your last stop.)

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
stracci2000|1448241632|3952917 said:
Lil Misfit,
Well, sad to say, it wasn't me. I don't wear my diamonds on vacation. And my diamond is nowhere near that size!!!
I have been in the Kahului airport many times, waiting for our flight home, all sunburned, and with tears in my eyes.
Sitting in that airport is the absolute pits, 'cause who wants to leave Paradise?????

Where did you stay? We like the Kahana area.
Sometimes, I go to the Napili Kai webcam just to look at the beach and *sigh*

Hi straci2000...Yes, it is so very sad leaving. :(sad I had tears in my eyes too....Both times we've stayed in Kihei. We like the central location. Last time we stayed at Maui Coast Hotel and this time we got a condo in North Kihei. I think next time I want to stay up by Ka'anapali/Napali but we'll see.

I'm really curious to see if a PSer admits to being there...b/c seriously, that ring was TO.DIE.FOR. :love: :love:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
azstonie|1448245483|3952929 said:
I live in Arizona, it *should* have been me!!!!!

(Lil Misfit, I did not know you're from Arizona too, assuming this was your last stop.)

Hi azstonie - I do not live in AZ. Just had a connecting flight. It's been a LONG night/day. We left at 11:30pm last night and have been traveling for over 12 hours with about 2-3 hours sleep max.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
The airport is such a good place for bling-spotting! I wish it could have been me in Maui! I lived there for a short time in 2003-2004 and my sister has been there for about 9 years. For many years I would go back 2-3 times a year, but it was a year in August since I last visited!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results