shape
carat
color
clarity

Was counting on upgrading CBI- now what?

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I saw that, so I contacted Wolf imitially regarding the trade-up. They said they are not considering trade-ups from HPD CBI altogether

That is unfortunate. Perhaps, try some of the other CBI vendors mentioned here before trying to sell it. That would come at a great cost. But then again, cost and worth are two different things. Keep us updated! I was in your shoes and it was perplexing and uncomfortable to make a decision.

Reactions: Kya

Kya

Shiny_Rock
That is unfortunate. Perhaps, try some of the other CBI vendors mentioned here before trying to sell it. That would come at a great cost. But then again, cost and worth are two different things. Keep us updated! I was in your shoes and it was perplexing and uncomfortable to make a decision.

Thanks ! May I ask what your outcome was and how things worked out?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Like Bryan, we also consider, and have purchased diamonds from consumers who didn’t purchase from us and wish to trade in.
I think pretty much all vendors that actually own stock would at least discuss it with you.
From a business perspective: the greater disparity in price to the item you want to buy makes it easier.
For example, a consumer with a diamond they paid $5k for, trading up to a stone selling for $6k is in a far weaker position than someone trading; up to a $30k stone.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ! May I ask what your outcome was and how things worked out?

I switched from CBI to WF soon after I found out about the law suits and rather oddly high prices CBI quoted me when I contacted them for an upgrade. That just did not add up so I took the risk and did a trade-in. It was somewhat costly but I did it shortly before the diamond price increase so not as costly as it could have been.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I figure with mine, 1.09 K Si1 I would either get two side stones and make a 3 stone ring or get a Mac daddy setting like CVB Casablanca setting.

However, currently, I am still enjoying my solitaire setting.

dumbo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
First see what the CBI vendors say. Then try WF. They do sometimes take stones as a trade-in, but you likely won’t get the full amount you paid. It appears to me that diamond prices are higher now, so that could make your trade-in more valuable. I feel like WF prices have been overall better and they have a better selection of diamonds. So that would be my personal first choice. I also think they’ll be around for future upgrades.

I worked with WF on a trade-in that wasn't even a H&A diamond (but was AGS 000). They gave me 79% of what I paid. All in all, that is pretty fair!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Or stack it? How big is it?
16C591E3-0824-4610-9B2D-D9105AEB68E5.jpeg

@whitewave is there a thread on these bands? They are gorgeous with your solitaire.

I upgraded my CBI nearly three years ago. I’m happy with the F color. The 1.3 size fits my lifestyle. I love my Sholdt half bezel (thank you @Gypsy). I’ll keep my CBI. I feel lucky to have it. I may reset it into a Sholdt 3-stone at some point. When the time comes to choose side stones, I’ll work with BGD, who has high standards for super ideals and also carries Sholdt settings.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave is there a thread on these bands? They are gorgeous with your solitaire.

I upgraded my CBI nearly three years ago. I’m happy with the F color. The 1.3 size fits my lifestyle. I love my Sholdt half bezel (thank you @Gypsy). I’ll keep my CBI. I feel lucky to have it. I may reset it into a Sholdt 3-stone at some point. When the time comes to choose side stones, I’ll work with BGD, who has high standards for super ideals and also carries Sholdt settings.

Probably not. The top one is from James Allen and is a band with a hole in the middle to fit a stone. It might be on my thread about my 1.2 M color emerald cut that I sold. I bought the band on sale to go with it, but I decided to keep the band. It was about $400.

The sapphire and Diamond bezel band is from Brian Gavin. That one took about 3 weeks maybe to make. I love it because it’s very low profile. I think it was about $1200.

The third station bezel band I bought for about $250 from the B2C jewels sale jewelry page.

Thank you.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You know, I nearly upgraded my K back in February and I decided not to after the paperwork was done because I wanted to wait and go even larger. I was going to go (I forget the exact details) from like my 1.09 K si1 to like a 1.17 or so like J si 1. Of course I regret not doing it now, but I definitely think I can work with the 1.09 and when DSS sets in, get it reset like I did with my asscher, which fixed that issue. I have always loved the CVB ID Casablanca, so I think I would do that.

If I was smaller than a 1.09 like a 40-80 pointer, I would probably make a pendant or maybe get a WF similar and make a open middle bangle bracelet and set them in there.

The one thing we can no longer do is upgrade, but there are still plenty of things we can do.

OP could even try to sell it on preloved. Sure, she would lose 20-30% but then she would have funds to switch to Whiteflash, Brian Gavin or Victor Canera.

ooooh, I could also see if Victor would resent into an Emilia. I’ve always loved that one also.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Probably not. The top one is from James Allen and is a band with a hole in the middle to fit a stone. It might be on my thread about my 1.2 M color emerald cut that I sold. I bought the band on sale to go with it, but I decided to keep the band. It was about $400.

The sapphire and Diamond bezel band is from Brian Gavin. That one took about 3 weeks maybe to make. I love it because it’s very low profile. I think it was about $1200.

The third station bezel band I bought for about $250 from the B2C jewels sale jewelry page.

Thank you.

@whitewave -- thank you for the info on the bands. They are all lovely. I'm going to check out the sapphire/diamond band on the Brian Gavin (BGD) site. I think it would work with my CBI/Sholdt half-bezel.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
You know, I nearly upgraded my K back in February and I decided not to after the paperwork was done because I wanted to wait and go even larger. I was going to go (I forget the exact details) from like my 1.09 K si1 to like a 1.17 or so like J si 1. Of course I regret not doing it now, but I definitely think I can work with the 1.09 and when DSS sets in, get it reset like I did with my asscher, which fixed that issue. I have always loved the CVB ID Casablanca, so I think I would do that.

If I was smaller than a 1.09 like a 40-80 pointer, I would probably make a pendant or maybe get a WF similar and make a open middle bangle bracelet and set them in there.

The one thing we can no longer do is upgrade, but there are still plenty of things we can do.

OP could even try to sell it on preloved. Sure, she would lose 20-30% but then she would have funds to switch to Whiteflash, Brian Gavin or Victor Canera.

ooooh, I could also see if Victor would resent into an Emilia. I’ve always loved that one also.

@whitewave -- I hear you. I thought about trading my 1.3 F SI1 in for a larger H VS2. But I worried that I wouldn't be comfortable wearing anything much above 1.5 carats, and that didn't seem worth the upgrade. And I wasn't sure about the H color. So then I started thinking about a three-stone, but didn't get a chance to finish up that project with Wink.

My thoughts now are to keep my CBI, because, personally, the cut quality just "works" for my eyes. Like you said, upgrading isn't an option anymore, but there are many other ways to change things up. I think you're 1.09 is the perfect size for a Casablanca or an Emilia. Have fun with your reset if that's the direction you decide to go.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave -- thank you for the info on the bands. They are all lovely. I'm going to check out the sapphire/diamond band on the Brian Gavin (BGD) site. I think it would work with my CBI/Sholdt half-bezel.

Here is the link. He also does it with pink sapphires

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried looking at the other sites that sell CBI but you can't see a list of what's available, useless.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
@autumngems--just in case...See my reply to your other post. HTH:)

Jsand

Shiny_Rock
I tried looking at the other sites that sell CBI but you can't see a list of what's available, useless.
What specs are you looking for? I am considering selling mine for upgrade funds.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@autumngems I would try emailing or calling Wink directly. He may still have access to some of them or at least be able to direct you to the best place to find one. Its worth a try.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What specs are you looking for? I am considering selling mine for upgrade funds.

I was thinking 1.5 or a bit more

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like they are a showroom dealer, per the CBI website.

thanks! Can you link the website? for some dumb reason my work computer 's search engine can't find it :(

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results