shape
carat
color
clarity

Warrnambool penguins

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just finished watching a movie I ordered because I thought one of our dogs would like it. (He did!) It was much better than I expected and a really cool story. If you love animals, definitely worth watching! Sharing here as it was just a lot of fun and I know many animal lovers are here who might enjoy it too.

Movie name: Oddball

@missy I think you would like this one too! The movie itself doesn't have animals getting hurt. Shows happy stuff.
the dog does disappear for a bit but is found safe

For anyone looking for a really neat project where people work together to help animals in danger of disappearing from an area, this was a great one I had not heard of. The documentary part included on the DVD is interesting but does show some disturbing photos at the start, so be warned if you are extra sensitive. (Maybe skip ahead to see the rest if you can have someone forward through the hard parts.)

Also.....
Yes, I did buy a movie for my dogs. One in particular loves watching dogs on the tv. The real challenge is finding happy stories because he is super sensitive to any animals suffering.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We live a couple of hours from Warrnambool, I'll have to watch it!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We live a couple of hours from Warrnambool, I'll have to watch it!

Such a beautiful area! Would love to visit one day as I am sure the video didn't do it justice. Adorable penguins too :kiss2:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I interned at the hospital in Warnambool a few years ago and visited the two islands. I often wondered what happened to the dogs as we don't see them anymore.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just finished watching a movie I ordered because I thought one of our dogs would like it. (He did!)
Yes, I did buy a movie for my dogs. One in particular loves watching dogs on the tv. The real challenge is finding happy stories because he is super sensitive to any animals suffering.
I LOVE this! One of our pugs watches tv very closely and disapproves of any animal. And sometimes people, noises, machinery… I’ve yet to find out what he does like!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @TooPatient, I am definitely checking it out. Appreciate the recommendation.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I interned at the hospital in Warnambool a few years ago and visited the two islands. I often wondered what happened to the dogs as we don't see them anymore.

I think they are still there? There is a website for the program and it looks like they are still using the dogs.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Lovely movie. I watched an interview about the real family (because it is based on a true story) & that was very interesting as well.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm so amused that some of you have dogs that watch TV. Mine does not watch TV at all. All he wants to do is play fetch all day. Sometimes I just want to sit in front of the TV and veg....but he wants me to take him out 10x a day, and just lay in the sun!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just finished watching a movie I ordered because I thought one of our dogs would like it. (He did!) It was much better than I expected and a really cool story. If you love animals, definitely worth watching! Sharing here as it was just a lot of fun and I know many animal lovers are here who might enjoy it too.

Movie name: Oddball

@missy I think you would like this one too! The movie itself doesn't have animals getting hurt. Shows happy stuff.
the dog does disappear for a bit but is found safe

For anyone looking for a really neat project where people work together to help animals in danger of disappearing from an area, this was a great one I had not heard of. The documentary part included on the DVD is interesting but does show some disturbing photos at the start, so be warned if you are extra sensitive. (Maybe skip ahead to see the rest if you can have someone forward through the hard parts.)

Also.....

i need to see a picture of this doggie

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i need to see a picture of this doggie

Excuse the mess as we are still unpacking! He loves the big TV best. The little one in their room had to be small enough to fit with the slant and high enough to not be damaged. When a dog runs off the one edge of the screen, he will run off around the corner to look for them. The other two aren't as interested and tend to ignore it mostly. This one gets really into it :lol:
His favorite for awhile now has been Coco (the Disney movie). Figured I better order some more since we have so much muddy weather right now. It definitely helps keep him entertained and happy during days we can't take them out as much as usual!

IMG_20211114_110600228_HDR.jpg IMG_20210406_181424170.jpg

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I think they are still there? There is a website for the program and it looks like they are still using the dogs.

I haven't seen them and the locals haven't either. I don't think they have introduced any new dogs on the island either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results