shape
carat
color
clarity

Warren troubled by speaking fee

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't care if he makes money speaking. Just own up to the hypocrisy of giving them to Wall Street after the past 8 years of deriding them.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I don't care if he makes money speaking. Just own up to the hypocrisy of giving them to Wall Street after the past 8 years of deriding them.

He will when Trump does. :D

I respect Warren's view on this- she's pretty steadfast. I need to know more before making a determination, but Trump can pound sand. He is a hypocrite of the highest order in this category.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Exactly!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
What do you think the chances are demonstrators are going to come and shut him down, not allowing him to speak?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not surprised by this, nothing new..Every Prez. will do speeches for a fee after he is out of office.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't really see an issue. As long as it's not during time in office, why not? At least he probably pays taxes on it :lol:

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
What in the world is he going to say to the "fat cats?"

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I don't really see an issue. As long as it's not during time in office, why not? At least he probably pays taxes on it :lol:
So you do not find it a bit hypocritical?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I guess you missed that spectacle known as the Rachael Maddow show where that year Trump paid at a higher rate than Obama.

But the Obamas do seem to be capitalizing. $4o0,000 speaking fee and someone is ghost writing his book.

E B

Ideal_Rock
But the Obamas do seem to be capitalizing. $4o0,000 speaking fee and someone is ghost writing his book.

Citation?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Obama will have the help of whatever ghostwriter he wants, and there are some great ones out there. He and Michelle have a reported sixty-million-dollar advance, so hiring the best is easy.

I suspect that Obama is talking into a recorder, maybe answering questions from the ghost, and it will be the ghostwriter who turns those thoughts into a narrative that coheres. Lots of them would be happy to do it for him. Eat your heart out, Bill Ayers.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ge_advance_for_his_memoir_.html#ixzz4fa2QABk4
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

E B

Ideal_Rock
Someone's "guess" on a RWNJ website is your proof? Girl. :lol:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Dreams from my Father was ghost written as well.

You can google that yourself for proof.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Can you imagine if your gave Trump even a tenth of that benefit of a doubt.

Well google yourself and see if you can come up with a site that does not mention it. Makes it no less true.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Do find it comical that someone who is so concerned about global warming has done nothing but jet from one exotic location to another since leaving office.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Resort can cost up to $10,000 a night. And he will be there indefinitely.

Guess Obama is truly not one of us.

E B

Ideal_Rock
By Ayres? What I can find in non-NJ media says it was a rumor spread through, of course, conservative media and Ayres had a little fun with it.

The ghostwriter himself:

:lol:

Update: The Daily Beast e-mailed Ayers looking for comment
[on the ghostwriting claims], and got this response from him: “You’ve all lost your minds. Best of luck in the twilight zone.”

E B

Ideal_Rock
http://www.bostonmagazine.com/2009/12/obama-s-ghost/

Even Obama's inaugural address was ghost written.

You do know all presidents have speechwriters, correct? You think Trump wrote the speech that was hailed as "the moment he became President?" But there's no actual proof that I can find of this being written by Ayres, and he himself makes a joke about it in that video I posted.

Say Dreams of my Father was ghostwritten. You know he has another book, too. Who ghostwrote that? George Soros? Jeremiah Wright?

Trump actually DID have a ghostwriter for Art of the Deal, so it's an odd thing to criticize Obama for with not-so-solid proof.

Last edited:

E B

Ideal_Rock
By the way, I love Jon Favreau. Listen to his podcast 2x a week. He has nothing but glowing reviews of Obama.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Just one more:

So I called Henry Ferris, who was Obama's editor on Dreams, to ask him how many of the words in that book were Obama's. Ferris didn't have too many specific memories of the work he did with Obama more than a decade ago. "He and his book now are seen in such different ways than I was looking at them at that time," Ferris explained. "I didn't take on the project thinking he'd be a leading candidate for the presidency." But Ferris was absolutely adamant about one thing: "He wrote it completely and totally all by himself," Ferris said. "No one helped him." He added, "The manuscript needed shaping and focus, it needed editing, a lot of which he did based on suggestions I made. He was a terrific writer, a great stylist. … This was not a job where I went in and had to completely redo this book for him. He needed the kind of guidance any first-time writer would need."

It looks like the use of ghostwriters for at least *some* help is pretty common among politicians, but it does not seem to be the case here. Fake news sure is persuasive, though.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
You do know all presidents have speechwriters, correct? You think Trump wrote the speech that was hailed as "the moment he became President?" But there's no actual proof that I can find of this being written by Ayres, and he himself makes a joke about it in that video I posted.

Say Dreams of my Father was ghostwritten. You know he has another book, too. Who ghostwrote that? George Soros? Jeremiah Wright?

Trump actually DID have a ghostwriter for Art of the Deal, so it's an odd thing to criticize Obama for with not-so-solid proof.

I am not talking about Trump. I am not talking about other books. I am referring to Dreams of My Father and the memoir that is currently being ghostwritten.

Trump is accused of using the office for profit. Well the book deal for he and his wife, the $400,000 speaking fee, the jetting from one island to another (global warming, anyone) and staying for months at a $10,000 a night exotic Island. Who is footing that bill?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Just one more:

So I called Henry Ferris, who was Obama's editor on Dreams, to ask him how many of the words in that book were Obama's. Ferris didn't have too many specific memories of the work he did with Obama more than a decade ago. "He and his book now are seen in such different ways than I was looking at them at that time," Ferris explained. "I didn't take on the project thinking he'd be a leading candidate for the presidency." But Ferris was absolutely adamant about one thing: "He wrote it completely and totally all by himself," Ferris said. "No one helped him." He added, "The manuscript needed shaping and focus, it needed editing, a lot of which he did based on suggestions I made. He was a terrific writer, a great stylist. … This was not a job where I went in and had to completely redo this book for him. He needed the kind of guidance any first-time writer would need."

It looks like the use of ghostwriters for at least *some* help is pretty common among politicians, but it does not seem to be the case here. Fake news sure is persuasive, though.

And exactly why is your article the definitive response and others fake news?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No comments from other Dems?..:whistle:

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Trump is the best, Obama is the worst. End of story.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Trump is the best, Obama is the worst. End of story.

Ironic comment because so many feel that the opposite is indeed true - Obama walked on water and Trump is a scumbag.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results