carat
color
clarity

Wanted to share my Amora Gem

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey guys,

I've really had a complicated relationship with moissanite, my last ditch effort was trying the H&A cut, so when this Amora Gem was listed on LT I decided to give it a go.

First off, this is the Amora Gem Eternity F color VS2 clarity 6.5mm 1.08 DEW in a 14k white gold six prong setting, I bought the whole ring just as pictured.

By far this is the best moissanite I've had and I attribute that to the cut. This stone always looks bright and white but it never has that overly pastel disco ball look. I always felt moissanite had a hazy look but this one I hardly ever see that effect with.

Anyways, just wanted to share my thoughts and pictures in case someone is thinking of trying the Amora Gem, I would most certainly try to buy one pre-loved. I do love this ring a lot and find myself wearing it almost exclusively over my other rings.

IMG_8449.JPG

IMG_8451.JPG

IMG_8452.JPG

IMG_8454.JPG

IMG_8455.JPG

IMG_8456.JPG

IMG_8458.JPG

IMG_8459.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more:

This one was taken in a room with not great light
IMG_8461.JPG

A few with different bands:

IMG_8324.JPG

IMG_8328.JPG

IMG_8223.JPG

IMG_8077.JPG

IMG_8115.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs, thank you! The AV's look so nice I would love to have one in a 7.5mm size maybe down the road.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Isn't it great when you find something that is just 'the thing'?
I'm really digging my little 4mm warm moissy oec's in my spinel ring, too- so much so I'm having a 3mm oec band made to match.
They turned out just great and I love the price!
* they don't look brown like they do in my avatar either-I just can't take a good picture to save my life.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ItsMainelyYou love the ring in your avatar, the diamonds don't look brown to me and an OEC band sounds amazing!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. I'm excited about it:bigsmile:
Do you not see the double refraction as much in your Amora?
I haven't had any larger sized moissanite yet, and you can't see it in the little guys I have, but I've seen it mentioned before.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. I'm excited about it:bigsmile:
Do you not see the double refraction as much in your Amora?
I haven't had any larger sized moissanite yet, and you can't see it in the little guys I have, but I've seen it mentioned before.

I don't really see the double refraction and I think the cut and smaller size have a lot to do with that. From what I've read the larger the stone the more obvious it becomes. I certainly saw it in the 8mm OEC I had.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring! The stone has a beautiful cut, and I think the setting is perfect! My favorite band with this solitaire is shown in your last picture - I love that band.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @OdetteOdile, I actually have two of that style band but my fingers are too pudgy to wear them both :(

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw thanks @OdetteOdile, I bet you could find one on EBay in your size ;-)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful! That stone is not shy. I don’t think she can take a bad picture from what you’ve posted. Looks like a real winner, and they are hard to find! I love it and it makes me almost need to try a modern cut. I’m glad you love it!! Enjoy!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!

I share your enthusiasm for these later incarnations of the Amora gem. I have one almost identical to yours, with the same specs, except a little smaller - between 6.0 and 6.5 mm. It's an incredibly stunning stone - I love everything about it.........except it's size. I got it on the assumption that about 6 mm was my "perfect max" size for a solitaire, only to find once it was set that, for my stocky little mitts and super laid-back lifestyle and way of dressing, that it was still too big. I'll put it on, wear it for a little while, and end up sighing and putting it back in the box and grabbing something else. It's incredibly frustrating because, like yours, it's just beautiful. I do highly recommend them for someone looking for a high-quality moissy.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1, thanks girlfriend, I wasn't thinking I would ever be into the modern cuts but was pleasantly surprised! I'm so glad I didn't get a dud because I know they are out there.

@OboeGal, got a picture? I would love to see yours. Now truth be told 6.5mm is a little small for me, ideally 7.5 is the sweet spot and I've considered upgrading but I've heard that sometimes the AG's are not as beautiful in the bigger sizes.

It's a shame you don't need wear it, hey I'm homeschooling kids in pajamas all day and still wearing mine. Maybe if you wearing it for a while DSS will set in!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'll try to get a decent picture! I'm horrible at taking pictures anyway, and all of my attempts at capturing my bling decently have been epic failures. I'll give it a whirl again, though.

Yeah, after I wrote my reply there, I went and put it on, telling myself, "Now you bought the darn thing, so just wear it and get used to it!"

We'll see if it lasts the whole evening..... :whistle:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OboeGal, I have faith that ring will make it the whole rest of the night...all what two or three hours worth. Maybe longer if you're a night owl!

Whenever I want to take decent bling pictures I have to steal my husband's phone. Our phones are ancient by current standards (6S and 6S Plus) but I swear the Plus has a better camera. Otherwise my pictures are junk.

Q

Queenie60

Your ring is beautiful. I have an AV 3 stone ring and wear it almost daily. When they're cut right, they can be just as beautiful as diamonds. Enjoy your new ring, such a great find.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Queenie60 your three stone is gorgeous as is all of your jewelry really.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought I would share some cool Shots I got playing around in my dimly lit room with my IPhone.

Sorry about that table reflection, it's a bit unavoidable!

IMG_8533.JPG IMG_8541.JPG IMG_8543.JPG IMG_8544.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results