shape
carat
color
clarity

Want GIA Reports without waiting?

jjspierx

Rough_Rock
So I found a method of getting GIA reports for diamonds without waiting. Especially with database diamonds, many times the company that has it listed has to get the GIA report from the oversees distributor and this can take hours or even more than a day. I found a method however to get any GIA report as long as you know the report # and the carat weight of the diamond, which is usually provided by the online site you are looking at the diamond on. I hope this isn't something obvious that everybody already knows.

Method 1:

Download "GIA 4Cs Guide" for Android phones (not sure if there is an iPhone equivalent). The app is an official app by GIA. Within the app is a link at the bottom called "Report Tools". Enter the report number and the diamond carat, and the GIA report will pull up on your phone.

Method 2:

You can also do the same thing on your computer without a smartphone. Use the following link as a template, and replace the X's with the appropriate numbers. This link is the exact link the Android app uses to pull up the GIA reports. In fact, I would venture to guess this site was set up specifically for the GIA app, but it works just fine on a computer as well.

https://myapps.gia.edu/ReportCheckPortal/getReportData.do?reportno=XXXXXXXXXX&weight=X.XX

Remember to replace the "X's" in the link above with the report # and carat weight.

Hope this helps somebody else out. It is saving me a ton of time calculating HCA's without waiting for online jewelers to send me GIA reports, and I don't feel like I bothering the jewelers by making 20 requests for GIA reports in a day.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
There's an iPhone version with the same feature.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results