shape
carat
color
clarity

Waiting period

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

debzy103

Shiny_Rock
From reading everyone''s posts (at least people who are more involved in the ring buying process than I am), it seems that 6 weeks is the "average" time for an e-ring to be ready. Out of curiosity, why does it take so long? I would think that even if the company is busy, 6 weeks seems really long! No?

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I think it has to do with them needing time to come up with CAD images, then wax, then making the setting etc, plus a bit of queuing time. Usually they'll get approval from the customer at each stage, so it does take a while. I'm not very sure tho, cos I'm only telling you from wot I READ of other pple's experiences! I believe they will also mail the wax of the ring for you to try? So tt will take some time too.

Sometimes I think they just take so long in order to build suspense.
25.gif
20.gif

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
As Gladyskristen stated, 6 weeks is a pretty common timeline if you''re going custom all the way (design, wax, etc.) It can actually take much longer if there are many changes to the design.

If you''ve found the center stone, however, and are using a standard/available setting, there''s really no reason for setting a stone/sizing to take longer than a few days. This assumes that the jeweler you buy from is, in fact, a jeweler. If you buy from a chain/jewelry store they often need to send jewelry off-site to have the ring set/resized... that can sometimes take a while depending on who and where they''re sending it.

Also keep in mind that some couples take forever to find a stone and/or setting. It took my FF and I 5 months to find a center stone (I know, we''re ridiculous). Then custom design. Now the ball''s in his court, so... maybe Christmas? LOL

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 2:25:26 PM
Author: Inanna
As Gladyskristen stated, 6 weeks is a pretty common timeline if you''re going custom all the way (design, wax, etc.) It can actually take much longer if there are many changes to the design.

If you''ve found the center stone, however, and are using a standard/available setting, there''s really no reason for setting a stone/sizing to take longer than a few days. This assumes that the jeweler you buy from is, in fact, a jeweler. If you buy from a chain/jewelry store they often need to send jewelry off-site to have the ring set/resized... that can sometimes take a while depending on who and where they''re sending it.

Also keep in mind that some couples take forever to find a stone and/or setting. It took my FF and I 5 months to find a center stone (I know, we''re ridiculous). Then custom design. Now the ball''s in his court, so... maybe Christmas? LOL
LOL, don''t worry, it too me 5 months as well - luckily I was engaged without a ring so I wasn''t bothered about the timing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results