shape
carat
color
clarity

Waiting on Millie <Due September 2018>

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here we go! I have been in talks with Caysie about creating a wedding band to go with Eleanor. In our brainstorming, we decided that the design would be inspired by the wedding ring that was worn by my grandmother, Millie.

I don’t want to give anything away about the Millie band, but I’ll show you my ring with my grandmother’s ring.

168BD0CB-9586-42FF-BCFD-63EF46153282.jpeg

The Millie band won’t be exactly like hers, but rather inspired by it. We are shooting for a delivery date in September. I can’t wait to see how this comes out. I’m super excited!!!

Last edited:

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
I saw this beautiful combination on your other thread and love how your grandmother’s band looks with your Eleanor! Can’t wait to see what CvB creates after being inspired by such a lovely band!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:appl:How sweet to use your grandmothers ring as your inspiration! I love how delicate her ring is. Excited to see the results!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh intriguing! Caysie will make you something amazing :appl:

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We just started on this yesterday afternoon. She has a great vision and when I shared a pic of my grandmother’s ring, she ran with it. I think we tweaked it like twice. And now we are off and running. Waiting on the CADs of her vision. Project should go fairly “quickly” given that I’m pretty open to letting her design it as she designed Eleanor. I only had a few ideas that were easily incorporated.

I can’t wait to see her sketches come to life and for Millie to become a reality!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this so much! How wonderful that you will have something from Caysie with such sentimental significance. I cannot wait to see the finished piece on your hand next to Eleanor!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I *should* have the CADs by COB today.

Oh the anticipation!

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
Yay CADs! That’s exciting! I’m following along here and look forward to seeing them.

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CADs are here!!! :love: I can see the details from my grandmother’s ring and I’m just so excited!!!

B2CC8DAD-F778-40EE-BF9B-131A02C956DA.jpeg

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
Yes its beautiful and I can see your grandmother's ring as well! I love Caysie's CADs!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah she's a beauty :love: Will you keep the band underneath the plaques straight or have it cut out to follow the curves of the marquise sections?
I have two bands from my mum which were bead-set stones on palladium plaques set on a straight gold band like your lovely Millie. They made a wide stack when worn with other rings so I got the YG cut out to follow the curves and I find them more versatile that way.
They're the top and bottom bands in this stack.
img_15567.jpg

Just a thought if you think you might be stacking her.. Millie is looking gorgeous as is

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ah she's a beauty :love: Will you keep the band underneath the plaques straight or have it cut out to follow the curves of the marquise sections?
I have two bands from my mum which were bead-set stones on palladium plaques set on a straight gold band like your lovely Millie. They made a wide stack when worn with other rings so I got the YG cut out to follow the curves and I find them more versatile that way.
They're the top and bottom bands in this stack.
img_15567.jpg

Just a thought if you think you might be stacking her.. Millie is looking gorgeous as is
Oh, yours look awesome!

I don’t plan to stack. And, although I do really like your idea, Millie will be straight like my grandmother’s ring.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do find the few little stones to be so charming and sweet. I can’t wait to see it. You are kinda inspiring me.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, yours look awesome!

I don’t plan to stack. And, although I do really like your idea, Millie will be straight like my grandmother’s ring.
I think she’ll look perfect next to Eleanor. Are those frenchies in the rectangular sections?

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t know anything about French cut diamonds really. Caysie suggested them as I wanted the center portion to be the width of my AVC. She said they’d be very complimentary and I’m trusting her vision. It’s also somewhat fun to let the artist do her thing based off my inspiration. And these frenchies will be a neat “surprise” to my eyes when I receive the finished product.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's beautiful! Clearly inspired my your grandma's ring but made to be your own!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Okay, the anxiousness is setting in. Millie should be completed this week! She put up a fight and was a but stubborn (just like Grandma) during casting, but she will hopefully be on my finger next week! :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Cannot wait to see it. Fingers (haha) crossed it is just how you envision it will be.:kiss2: Eleanor and Millie will soon be together where they belong.:appl:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh boy, can’t wait to see her!!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Cannot wait to see it. Fingers (haha) crossed it is just how you envision it will be.:kiss2: Eleanor and Millie will soon be together where they belong.:appl:

Oh boy, can’t wait to see her!!
I talked to Caysie. If all goes well, Millie will be on my finger by the end of next week! :pray:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love Millie.
Live your real Frenchie!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I’m dying to see this! Congratulations on your new ring :appl:

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The anticipation is killing me now! Caysie is expecting to receive Millie any minute now and then the hope is that I will have her Thursday. Ahhh!!!! Can’t wait to get confirmation from Caysie that she has her and she looks wonderful.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
It is now Friday......

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results