shape
carat
color
clarity

VS1 with black spot under table

Sbay14

Rough_Rock
Question for the community.

There is a diamond I am looking at online that is graded a VS1 by GIA but you can tell in the video there is a darker looking inclusion under the table.

Under GIA certs the diamond will be eye clean at a VS1 correct? I will nto be able to see the black spec/dot right? I really do love the way the diamond looks and the numbers look very positive.

I am realizing how quickly you can get caught up in the weeds and be overly critical with some inclusions but am looking for some help from the experts.

Have you ever seen a VS1 diamond with a noticble black speck under the table?
Thanks again,

Sean

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you share a pic of the diamond? The general rule is that VS1 diamonds are eye clean 99% of the time, but there may be exceptions. I had a VS2 diamonds with a table inclusion for a hot second while the inclusion was not a deal breaker, I did see it when I really looked closely. My F&F on the other hand were never able to see it, so it really depends on how picky the wearer is.

Sbay14

Rough_Rock
Simone,

Thankyou for the message. Here is a link to the diamond. What do you think of that inclusion. It looks like it was just sold, however, I still would be curious as I see others with similar inclusions.

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD09652266

Thanks again!

Sean

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no way in heck that I'd be able to see that speck! I think you would have to have super human eyes to see that (my opinion...I'm sure someone
will come along and say that could see that)!:cheeky:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @tyty333 that is such a tiny inclusion, the video is super magnified.

I, however, don’t love the numbers on that diamond, so don’t be too sad that it sold.is 17-18k your budget and are you in the US?

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yeah, that was teeny. I'd never see that without a loupe

Sbay14

Rough_Rock
The numbers meaning price or specs? I thought the specs seemed pretty good on it! I know the depth and crown are a little deep. I called blue nile about where it was sold at and it sounds like 15900 or so and I am in the US.

I would love some more insight into this!

Thank you

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The numbers meaning price or specs? I thought the specs seemed pretty good on it! I know the depth and crown are a little deep. I called blue nile about where it was sold at and it sounds like 15900 or so and I am in the US.

I would love some more insight into this!

Thank you

Specs crown angle of 35 does not compliment well with a pavilion angle of 41.

Ok what’s your overall budget and what kind of setting you will be looking to get? Once we know where you are comfortable with being budget wise, we can recommend some other options.

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I haven't seen so far GIA VS1 that is not eye clean. VS1 is safe clarity.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello - I cannot comment on the specific diamond you are referencing but, in general, a GIA VS1 will be eye-clean. The clarity grade is, however, based on many factors so you may rarely find, especially in larger diamonds, some visible inclusions at the VS1 clarity grade.

Do remember also that most videos and images are magnified at a high rate (10-20x or more) so what may be visible via video may not be seen in person.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But the cut is not good.

I'm not aware of James Allen taking "offers". If you know otherwise, please share because this could be misleading to new posters.

Edit...for anyone reading this...James Allen does not negotiate diamond prices.

I chuckled.. JA definitely does not negotiate diamond prices and one more vote that the diamond suggested is poorly cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results