shape
carat
color
clarity

VRBeauty Reporting for Duty!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or more accurately, reporting for better health!

Earlier this week I finally joined a gym - my first time doing so in 20 years or so! I just got back from my second session there. I love it! It's a 24-hour access gym, so this night owl can work out during the off hours when there's no virtually no competition for the equipment. It's women only - I like that all those other potential distractions just aren't around. It's well-maintained and well-run, reasonably priced... and did I mention that it's less than one block from my home?

Tonight my workout started with a 1-mile warm up on a treadmill, followed by a round of machines, followed by another mile on the treadmill, including a cool-down period. Aside from a quick introduction to the equipment etc. and how to set it up, this gym does not have on-site trainers. There are however a few trainers I can contract with directly. I'll probably do that after I've worked out on my own for awhile, to get pointers on tailor my workout to meet my goals.

Anyhow, just wanted to say 'Hi." I'll drop by from time to time so you guys can keep me honest!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1295164480|2824116 said:
Or more accurately, reporting for better health!

Earlier this week I finally joined a gym - my first time doing so in 20 years or so! I just got back from my second session there. I love it! It's a 24-hour access gym, so this night owl can work out during the off hours when there's no virtually no competition for the equipment. It's women only - I like that all those other potential distractions just aren't around. It's well-maintained and well-run, reasonably priced... and did I mention that it's less than one block from my home?

Tonight my workout started with a 1-mile warm up on a treadmill, followed by a round of machines, followed by another mile on the treadmill, including a cool-down period. Aside from a quick introduction to the equipment etc. and how to set it up, this gym does not have on-site trainers. There are however a few trainers I can contract with directly. I'll probably do that after I've worked out on my own for awhile, to get pointers on tailor my workout to meet my goals.

Anyhow, just wanted to say 'Hi." I'll drop by from time to time so you guys can keep me honest!

Well done VR! You are going to love the results, not only with how you look but how you feel, have fun and stick with it!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1295713146|2829642 said:
Well done VR! You are going to love the results, not only with how you look but how you feel, have fun and stick with it!

Thanks for the welcome, Lorelei! It looks like I'm going to need all the encouragement I can get!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1295842791|2831112 said:
Lorelei|1295713146|2829642 said:

Thanks for the welcome, Lorelei! It looks like I'm going to need all the encouragement I can get!

We can encourage each other! I was motivated to do extra with my weights and I walked down to the shops today instead of taking the car, I really enjoyed it! I was saying to Hubby, I was doing leg exercises with the dumb bells and the next day, I could really feel my leg muscles were tight and had puffed up a bit, so it doesn't take long, often if you can't see results you can definitely feel the changes.

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
Can I join you ladies? I need to get fit also but lacking motivation.

I have access to a gym which is on the first floor of our apartment but I don't go. :oops:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK - now that I have some "needing in motivation" company -- maybe I'll try to get a few of the "chores" things done so I can head over to the gym during their down time - tonight!

Thanks Diva!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did it -- YAY! Increased my weight on a few of the gizmos, too!

ETA - I work for the government so we don't get "perks" like fitness programs. We're in a fairly new building and they did provide weight and exercise rooms - the employees get together to provide the exercise equipment and hire yoga etc. instructors. I use my lunch hours as "down time" whenever possible and the facilities tend to be more crowded than I like, so the work out at work option isn't for me. Other than that, the major fitness perk is motivational sayings and quotes posted in the stairwells!

Where was I going with this???? Oh yeah...

However, they did bring in a fitness-motivational-speaker who gave a bit of a talk on fitness during the lunch hour yesterday. WIth only an hour, he covered just the basics... but that's all I need right now. Little factoids like the importance of including exercises to build lean tissue, in your exercise routing - not relying just on aerobic excercise - provide just what I need to motivate me to go to the gym, and provide as much information as I need at this point to figure out what I should do once I get there.

all of which is my long-winded way of saying that I think the universe is conspiring to get me more fit!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... my new fitness routine started in fits and starts. For the first month or two I went in just once of twice a week, figuring that was better than before so not too bad. Then I came across an article in More Magazine - fitness by the numbers (or something like that) that talked about the amount of exercise needed weekly to meet various fitness goals. Guess what? I wasn't on a track to meet any goal! That was when I started to develop a regular exercise routine, and I've been hitting the gym 5 times or more each week since then.

My primary goal is related to bone density and of course I can't exactly see my progress there. But I can report progress in one area: My waistline, which I thought might be gone for good, is beginning to re-emerge!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results