shape
carat
color
clarity

Vrai & Oro Diamond Earrings (2ct total)

petunia3695

Rough_Rock
I've been looking into purchasing round diamond studs from Vrai & Oro. Do any of you here have experience buying from
them? The 1-carat earrings in White Gold are retailing for $5,950.

The available specs are as follows: D-I, SI1, Very Good+

vrai-and-oro-one-carat-round-brilliant-diamond-earrings-white-gold-p-web-1_2048x2048.jpg

https://vraiandoro.com/products/round-brilliant-diamond-studs-earrings?variant=12537460424770

(For what it's worth, I'm not interested in hearing takes on the lab-grown diamonds and why they're not real. I'm seeking opinions on whether this particular seller/brand and this pair of earrings is worth the value).

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
I don’t love that it doesn’t let you choose the stones and doesn’t say that they come with reports. It might be marked up a bit for Leo DiCaprio’s brand. You might want to see what lightbox comes out with if you don’t care about the reports, or look for places that sell IGI certified matched earrings:

https://lightboxjewelry.com/

https://ecodiamond.com/build-your-own-earrings

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did a couple of Google searches for you & am not seeing any reviews of any of their merchandise here on PS or elsewhere on the Internet, other than those posted on their own web site or by bloggers who'd been gifted by V&A or could earn some money by posting links to V&A's web site. They do have a 30-day return policy

My biggest concern for you is the w-i-d-e color spread. I'm willing to assume that they will match up each pair, so you don't get one D stud and the other is an I. But the fact that they don't give you the basic say re color & you pay the same price regardless of what color studs they send doesn't appeal to me.

But they've obviously captured your fancy. Is there something about the V&A studs that seems to give them the edge over comparable lab-grown diamond stud earrings from other vendors?

petunia3695

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'd been looking at this brand because their marketing caught my eye and I know them to be good quality and value for jewelry with smaller diamonds (so-called melee diamonds).

Once i learned they offer bigger carats, I've been considering these earrings. I'm not as aware of other lab-grown brands/vendors, so I'd appreciate recommendations on others i should check out.

I agree there isn't as much publicity for V&O. I suppose it would make more sense to wait until the Lightbox line is released, both to see how the market reacts and how that affects prices.

I did a couple of Google searches for you & am not seeing any reviews of any of their merchandise here on PS or elsewhere on the Internet, other than those posted on their own web site or by bloggers who'd been gifted by V&A or could earn some money by posting links to V&A's web site. They do have a 30-day return policy

My biggest concern for you is the w-i-d-e color spread. I'm willing to assume that they will match up each pair, so you don't get one D stud and the other is an I. But the fact that they don't give you the basic say re color & you pay the same price regardless of what color studs they send doesn't appeal to me.

But they've obviously captured your fancy. Is there something about the V&A studs that seems to give them the edge over comparable lab-grown diamond stud earrings from other vendors?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems like most of the MMD vendors that PSers have used don't offer studs as large as 2 ct total weight or the prices are higher for studs comparable to the V&A ones you're considering. But take a look at Brilliant Earth where you can choose color, size, clarity & cut quality -- all the way up to Super Ideal -- and BE will then show you a list of pairs meeting whatever specs you've selected. Think you will be pleasantly surprised by the prices on some of those pairs.
https://www.brilliantearth.com/lab-diamond-earrings/design-your-own/setting/

In addition to greater specifics & the opportunity to get better cut grades than V&A is delivering, the BE studs will come with an independent lab report from either IGL or GCAL -- the independent labs doing much of the grading of MMDs sold in the US -- for each stone. With the V&A studs, you get just the manufacturer's own "certificate."

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you purchased a pair of studs yet, @petunia3695 ? I bet future readers of this thread would appreciate you sharing your experience -- be it good, bad, or indifferent -- with whatever vendor(s) you decided upon. And we love seeing real live pics here at PS!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results