shape
carat
color
clarity

Visual Difference?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tonyc2387

Shiny_Rock
Just a thought experiment: For the following two diamonds, given _just_ the cert to go on, would you predict visual differences between them? In what ways could they be different, and to what degree? How much experience/time would it reasonably take to spot the differences? (Mostly pondering cut... I know they''re a color grade apart
3.gif
)

Diamond 1
Diamond 2

tonyc2387

Shiny_Rock
bumpity bump bump bumpity bump bump
3.gif
2.gif

anyone?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not much difference. You will probably see slightly more table reflection in the larger pav depth stone, but that is nitpicking.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2009 11:29:39 AM
Author: tonyc2387
bumpity bump bump bumpity bump bump
3.gif
2.gif

anyone?
I would speculate there would be no discernible difference but its difficult answering as consumers as we lack the real experience and expertise to give you a meaningful answer Tony. If you asked whoever had the diamonds to inspect both then they could probably describe individual performance nuances.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 5:58:16 AM
Author: Lorelei

If you asked whoever had the diamonds to inspect both then they could probably describe individual performance nuances.

Err... One is a BGD and the other is a WF ACA.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2009 6:13:33 AM
Author: Stone-cold11

Date: 12/18/2009 5:58:16 AM
Author: Lorelei

If you asked whoever had the diamonds to inspect both then they could probably describe individual performance nuances.

Err... One is a BGD and the other is a WF ACA.
I must have missed that on the reports - my bad.
2.gif
Anyway that is the only scenario where a direct comparison would be possible obviously and for the consumer poster it isn't really possible to give a meaningful answer, this is best left to those with real experience.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results