shape
carat
color
clarity

VISUAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 8.1mm and 8.6mm?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isabel

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have pictures to compare the two?
I realize that the larger the stones are, the less the effect of small jumps in millimeters. I''m looking at a 2.39ct J SI1 and have tried on smaller stones (about 2ct). Just wondering if it would look bigger than those or not...thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there are some actual pics around somewhere, if MrsSalvo pops in she might know!

Meanwhile, here is the trusty Amazon size chart, it will give you a rough idea. Also you can measure them out on paper, cut into a circle to get a feel for the difference between sizes. Also do go by the diameter mm measurements rather than the ct weight, to get a more accurate idea of face up size.

http://images.amazon.com/media/i3d/01/actual-diamond-size.pdf

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out this chart too, although the sizes look distorted on my monitor...

varioussizes.jpg

isabel

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Lorelei! That definately helps!!
19.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is that the one where John Q pointed out the sizes were mixed up Lore? Cuz the 8.1 looks bigger than the 8.5.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2008 12:59:16 PM
Author: Ellen
Is that the one where John Q pointed out the sizes were mixed up Lore? Cuz the 8.1 looks bigger than the 8.5.
I don''t know, I am just puzzled now I posted it, the sizes look wrong! So it could be! Isabel, I would disregard that as I don''t want to steer you wrong and something doesn''t look right.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
isabel - I recently went through a similar exercise, trying to figure out how much of a visible difference there would be between an 8.5 mm and 9.0 mm stone. Anyway, in my search, I came across a couple of pretty good threads... Here''s the first one: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/graphics-help-what-does-a-6-85mm-rb-vs-7-4mm-look-like.43900/

Also, here is a really good pic from that thread (between a 6.85 mm and 7.4 mm RB)...what I did was size the image on my screen to get an idea of what the difference would look like between 8.5 and 9.0. You can do the same for what you''re considering.

TBTSI.JPG

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s noticeable to the naked eye, but not a huge difference really. After being set, both will look pretty large.

isabel

Shiny_Rock
You guys are SO HELPFUL!!! That''s funny about that chart...I got really confused when I first looked at it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results