shape
carat
color
clarity

Visible size difference between .6 and .75 for stud earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone

I know this is a subjetive question since lobe sizes are different for everyone (just like finger sizes!)

I am looking at diamond studs for an anniversary present from my husband. I was hoping for ~1.5 tcw, but the ~5k price tag that accompanies them seems to get in the way
emsmileo.gif

By bumping down the tcw from 1.5 to 1.2, it really helps cut down the price to something more affordable for us, about 3k. My only concern is that the .6 in each ear may look noticeably smaller than the .7-.73 studs I''ve been trying on. I havent had the chance to try them on to compare.

However, I plan on buying from a vendor that offers upgrades (
emteeth.gif
) so I have the option of upgrading in the future! (my e-ring is from WF)

Does anyone know if there are pics online comparing these 2 sizes?

Thanks!
Shannon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2010 12:27:42 PM
Author:Shannon72781
Hi everyone

I know this is a subjetive question since lobe sizes are different for everyone (just like finger sizes!)

I am looking at diamond studs for an anniversary present from my husband. I was hoping for ~1.5 tcw, but the ~5k price tag that accompanies them seems to get in the way
emsmileo.gif

By bumping down the tcw from 1.5 to 1.2, it really helps cut down the price to something more affordable for us, about 3k. My only concern is that the .6 in each ear may look noticeably smaller than the .7-.73 studs I've been trying on. I havent had the chance to try them on to compare.

However, I plan on buying from a vendor that offers upgrades (
emteeth.gif
) so I have the option of upgrading in the future! (my e-ring is from WF)

Does anyone know if there are pics online comparing these 2 sizes?

Thanks!
Shannon
Hi Shannon

The picture below could give you some idea, .74 and .61 from Whiteflash. Bear in mind these photos are hugely magnified and as such the size difference is greatly exaggerated. Any size difference could be less apparent too once the stones are set.

sizecompar.74.61c.jpg

sizecompar.74_.61b.JPG
smaller version of the same stones.

Make sure you get the best cut diamonds you can and go by the diameters as well as weight in order to judge face up size or spread.

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
Lorelei,

Perfect! Just what I was hoping for! Those are actually pretty much the same exact dimensions I was looking at, thank you
1.gif

I plan on buying from WF or BGD, so I know these diamonds are going to be ideal!

Bosie

Shiny_Rock
a 25% difference in size

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What if you drop below the .75 like down to .7 does that give you enough of a price savings?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2010 12:37:29 PM
Author: Shannon72781
Lorelei,

Perfect! Just what I was hoping for! Those are actually pretty much the same exact dimensions I was looking at, thank you
1.gif

I plan on buying from WF or BGD, so I know these diamonds are going to be ideal!
You are welcome!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that $2k is a lot of money for that size difference. On the ear, I don''t think it would be that noticable really. I would get the .60s now and then upgrade substantially later on if you want to.

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
Exactly, that was part of my dilemma. Does a difference of 2k really warrant the larger pair? After looking at the size difference Lorelei posted, to me I''d rather upgrade later and get the .6 ones now. For some reason, once you hit that .7 mark, the price substantially increases!

While I think there is a noticeable size difference, I''m hoping on the ear it won''t be as apparant!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really do not think it will be apparent since you will only be looking at them from a distance in the mirror, and I have found that from a distance in a mirror makes diamonds look bigger
2.gif

Yeah there is a huge per carat increase in price at .70. It is almost the same as when you try to jump the 1.2 mark. Nothing compared to the 1ct, 1.5 and 2.0 marks though!

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
Woo hoo! Hubby gave the go-ahead and I have now (almost purchased) my earrings!

I say *almost* because one of the diamonds does not have their pic uploaded up on the website and the vendor will take a pic and post them for me just so I can approve
2.gif

They are on hold for me and they are both matching weight, clarity and color.

Once I''ve pulled the trigger I''ll be sure to post pics and specs!!

Thanks all!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2010 2:47:34 PM

I say *almost* because one of the diamonds does not have their pic uploaded up on the website and the vendor will take a pic and post them for me just so I can approve
2.gif

Thanks all!
Enjoy your earrings and be sure to post photos soon.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2010 2:47:34 PM

2.gif

Thanks all!

congrats on making a choice - come back with photos! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results